Karazhan

Aigle

Hey, I've been trying to get my rogue, Vandergaurd, into a constant Kara group, do to his lack of decent gear (still pretty geared for Kara tho). If you would enjoy his/my company, please let me know.

My current job is actually ending today (stupid internships) and i'll be playing allot more from now one until I can find and secure a new possition at another company. so if you need DPS (melee or caster) i've got my rogue and shammy both available.

Thanks and hope to join you soon,

Swaloads

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most likely will not be there this Friday(Aped). As it is the 4th of July and I will be finishing up puppy training then hauling buns 120 miles west to my parents' for fireworks and drunken stupidity. Should this change I'll be online.

Sorry for being a no show aigle. Had some guests I didn't expect stop by. However, any run from today on I'll be there ready to do whatever =)

Heals : Terre confirmed. Aped not there. SecretSauce ?

Tanks: Waraigle , Thulgrum or Feanore.

Melee DPS : Chaosweaver not sure, Vandergaurd, maybe Feanore.

Range DPS: ?

So as of today we miss one healer and we have two-three tanks available so it looks promising. We lack range DPS lets see it's only Monday.

If things change for anyone please tell ahead of time as I wil replace you to allow other FP to join.

Edited by Aigle

Blizzard is an american company; so is there a better way than to play an american game with american friends on american developed computers connected to american internet providers to celebrate 4th of July?

My hunter Dranow is always up for Kara, I needs the [item]Sunfury Bow of the Phoenix[/item]and badges. Shout at me on Lyssa or Blessyou if you don't see me on.

Double posts FTW.

I admire your patriotism(?) Aigle. And in honor of your 4th of July Kara run, I will be drunk and nekkid in a hot tub watching fireworks.

That's what I call patriostism Beck you are a great american.

From a group perspective we now have:

Heals : Terre confirmed. Aped not there. SecretSauce ?

Tanks: Waraigle , Thulgrum or Feanore.

Melee DPS : Chaosweaver not sure, Vandergaurd, maybe Feanore.

Range DPS: Dranow Hunter ( Lyssa, Blessyou) and...

You guys still coming for July 4 Kara run invites 6:30 run start at 7:00? Please confirm.

Heals : Terre .

Tanks: Waraigle , Thulgrum .

Melee DPS : Chaosweaver not sure, Vandergaurd, Feanore.

Range DPS: Dranow Hunter ( Lyssa, Blessyou) and...

If it stays like that we are 6 for this run, obviously some FP will be onine and also friends, so it shouln't be a problem to do it. However the objective is to form a solid group doing it each week in order to then move on to ZA, Gruul, Mag whatever. I have read a lot about Netherspite and I am confident we can down him this week-end. Stratocast will join our group but not this week as he is away, this is good news as he has mad DPS. Maybe Subsequent and Secretsauce I need to confirm with them.

So if you have a minute to confirm it would be much appreciated.

Take care!

My buddy Kuranna would like to come on his rogue, pretty nicely geared if we have a spot... He's in FP but i dont know how often he checks the forums yet

He is more than welcome. If you have healer friends they will be required. However if you don't i'm not worried since i have many friends healers and maybe a few FP will ant to join.

Bad run last evening. There were insufficient FP to form a group and it lead to having people in-out whatever. Start was exceptonnaly bad, then we gained speed killed Atunmen, Moroes, Maiden quite easily i must say. Then opera event with Oz went bad and we started losing people. So we left there.

Run will resume tonight with hopefully more FP. Invites at 6:30 run at 7:00. Most probably we wil finish it i need stuff at chess and Prince. Mayvbe sunday we do Netherspite or tonight if it goes fast.

For those intersted we will have fun.

After a bad start Friday we had an excellent run last night. I have to admit that Oz is hard, in fact except for a stupid thing on Shade where someone moved during flame part, there was no other wipe one bosses. So we did from Opera to Prince.

Still to do tonight at 6:30 Netherspite and Nightbane. Hope to see you guys there. :miner:

Edited by Aigle

NIGHTBANE down, this is a new accomplishment from our noob group. Grimauld seem to become our official OT, things shape up nicely. Aped and Kata both received nice healing gears from Nightbane. We didn't have much time for Netherspite but we better understand the fight this is our last challenge in Kara.

Today invites at 6:30 run start at 7:00 unless there is not sufficient people that wants to do it. But I think we will be ok. :miner:

I'd be interested in coming tonight on my Druid Bloodspray. I can OT or just dps depending on group makeup.

Excellent. Aped is in for a full run this evening. Granted I may not be able to login until closer to 7ish due to work.

After a bad start Friday we had an excellent run last night. I have to admit that Oz is hard, in fact except for a stupid thing on Shade where someone moved during flame part, there was no other wipe one bosses. So we did from Opera to Prince.

Still to do tonight at 6:30 Netherspite and Nightbane. Hope to see you guys there. :miner:

Oz is just a cc fight really. Once the responsible people know their job, it's easy and not a gear check.

Dorothea - Not tankable, dps her at start.

Tito - Pet spawns early in the fight, shift dps to him and burn him down fast before he ganks a healer, then back to Dorothea.

Straw man - Stunned by fire spells. Chain scorch, or whatever. Assign one mage, warlock (or shaman?) to chain-burn him. Off-tank and kill him after Dorothea.

Roar - Chain fear. Off-tank and kill him second-last.

Tin man - Big cleave. MT just kites him around the far end of the room for the whole fight, away from everyone else. He slows down over time (I think that can be sped up by frost spells on him.)

Witch - Spawns after the initial group are down. Very easy. Staying out of the tornado is a plus.

----

Netherspite is the most technically challenging fight in the instance by far imo. Stay organized on vent about who will be next into each beam, and profit.

Green Beam tips - Start off with a non-mana melee dpser in it for the whole phase, as it doesn't hurt them. Healers go in if your mana is low or if extra healing is needed, but don't stay for more than 25 stacks. This beam gives you mana (and massive healing power), but the longer you stay in the less mana you will have after you step out. After 35-40 stacks you'll come out with no mana, and be useless for 2 minutes.

Keeping that green beam off the dragon entirely is a huge priority!! It heals him depressingly fast - lol

The healer in the blue beam should spam heals like crazy, focussing on the tank and the person in the blue beam (vulnerable to shadow damage). Spamming HoTs or area heals just before leaving the beam (with 20+ stacks of healing power) will do some crazy healing! The healing power buff persists for a few seconds after you leave the beam too, so keep spamming.

A good safe way to deal with this key beam is for the offtank to plan to take it for the phase, and healers call out if they need to hop in for extra mana or healing at some point.

Red Beam tip - It's not a big deal if this one gets on Netherspite for a bit. One tank can easily take the beam for the whole phase, if he steps out for a few seconds, then back in. Do that a couple times during the phase, and you avoid the one problem with the red beam - As it stacks up on you, you get tougher but have less and less hp. You can get down to 1hp, and die to one lucky hit! :P

Blue Beam tip - This one is easy to manage. Again not a big deal if it gets on the dragon momentarily. Just have whatever dpser is available (i.e. they don't currently have the 2-minute blue exhaustion debuff from being in it before) call out on vent "I'll take blue next". Again step out after 25 stacks or so, because any more will make you take too much damage from his shadow AOEs.

General beam tips - Best way for smooth beam transitions (blue and especially green) is for the person who is taking it over to stand in front of the person who has it. Then when they move out, it's immediately on the new person.

Void zones can kill you fast, but you want to keep your beam off the dragon. If a void zone opens up under you while you are holding a beam, move forward or backwards NOT to the side - That way you keep your beam.

Beam people (and everyone) should stand close to the dragon. There's no advantage to being at max range, and if you end up out of range of the healers you'll die to shadow AOE.

Phase 2 tips - In the banish phase there are no beams to worry about, so just dps the boss. Clothies shouldn't stand under his feet - You could pull agro and get stomped. Some people run to the walls, but it isn't really necessary. He spins around and randomly shoots cone breath attacks - If you are in close you can avoid them by running through/behind him. If you get hit, just bandage. Make sure to communicate about who will be picking up the beams when the phase ends, and remember that they could appear in a different point (red could be where green was, etc.)

Organization and communication between beam-takers = epix!

Edited by Fatherpeteus

Friday's run was very smooth in my opinion. Fatherpeteus was there, with good advices, on his hunter he even got nice boots. Lots of drops for healers and casters. I had to leave at 10:45 as always I don't know if you guys have finished the instance. If not Sunday at 6:30 invites will come for Ilhoof, Prince, Netherspite and if we have the urn then Nightbane.

Father if you could be there to lead us through Netherspite it would be much appreciated.

I'm close to being done with Nightbane summon quest; I need to kill a boss in Shattered hall and one in Shettek hall. Then for the following weeks I will have summon.

Anyhow last evening was an excellent run, in total one boss wipe and guess what on OZ. But we had no mage and no warlock but we figured out a good way to do it.

We did not complete the run, so hopefully we can get everybody back together sunday evening.

Good job last night on Curator and Aran (and Chess!) while I was there - Got Aran down without his Mass Polymorph / Mass Pyroblast, so DPS was good! (Aran is squishy to physical damage, so the no-caster group was a plus.)

I'll try to be on Sunday night if you have room, to help you finish up. :)

Ok nice let's finish it up tonight. Invites at 6:30 run begins at 7:00.

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]