Hydross the Unstable

stangmeister

Like Igor did anything to get his 350 resist for Hydross. =P

The bank does all that!

And, you dont need AR for that anymore, nubcake.

The bank and its slaves...

anyone happen to have 2 bloodvine squirreled away that i could purchase for some more resist gear?

I have 1 Felz, it's on the way

*notes*

When he is at 100% move. Do't wait half way for some extra DPS. Crazy stuff does and will happen. Especially on a first kill. Move him at 100% immediately. Not half way into it.

Hunters can misdirect the boss onto the tank for a transistion.

IT IS AN AGGRO RESET. What does this mean? If you are someone dependent on DoT's keep your head out of your butt. Be ready to fade or soul shatter. If you are a mage and a pyro ticks or something like that... wave farewell. Essentially when it is announced it is at 100% and the transistion is incoming lighten up because when he crosses the barrier if it is your DoT that ticks before the main tank hits him. You are the tank and it is gonna be hell to get him back because as he runs from the warrior someone else is going to be casting and he will just run around one shotting people.

You do NOT have to AoE them down if you are not AoE heavy. In fact we don't AoE them at all. We have 4 tanks that we can bring. A tank can be feral... most likely even paladin (for the adds) We typically banish twoand tank two. Have the main assist and burn them down one at a time and don't rebanish. Just have the add tanks pick them up.

Seldom is a shadow priest spoken about. Shadow Priest can and most likely should stay on Hydross for the entire fight that way they can keep misery and shadow weaving up and also be ready to go for VE and VT with the damage they put out without having to retarget or restack debuffs.

Last but not least. There is a ten minute enrage timer.

Hope this helps. Good luck on Hydross.

Edited by Bentley

Thanks bentley, I have always heard advice against banishing since you want to have them all dead before the banish would wear off. Like, banish lasts too long, but maybe we'll give it a go.

To be honest, the fight wasn't the hard part, it was the pull. Vanin nearly punched a hole in the desk next to me, as much as I hate wiping, it was hysterical.

We're going to give him some invis pots next time and use those to pull, that way we can at least get some tries in! Well, more than just a few I mean, and probably kill him. =)

Other than that, probably just assist train the adds down instead of aoe since getting them all together takes longer than I'd like. Seems like an easy fight. Same with the next guy (Morogrim).

Is Vanin having problems getting to him before he goes poison?

If so we have the tank stand to the corner on the right side (Where the elementals spawn) and drink a sprint pot or haste or whatever you call the pot that makes you run fast. Drink that and run right up into his grill. Say Yo... I am FP and do /gang-signs and he is yours.

But seriouslly we use the sprint pot thing to get the tank there before he goes poison.

I think the swiftness potion thing is probably a good idea. That and Vanin can't be gun shy. Once you start, you're committed. Just like traffic, according to Hinanin.

SWFTNESS POTIONS.

That's it. You are a brilliant man Gynis. :) Thanks.

Yes we use swiftness potions to get the tank up in there.

<3

Edited by Bentley

yeah im not sure why the invis pots were suggested i thought swiftness was the suggested route from all the strats :)

i also read that for the poison adds, hunters can drop those freezing traps to slow the adds so that we can gather them, either that or the frost nova

It's been fun raiding with you guys, I'm retiring from this fight. I'll tank all the way UP to hydross!

Thanks for the good times!

True.

The next strat is what Vanin wants. Where we send Shad up there, unstealth, pop evasion and pray vanin makes it to you in time. I think we'll go with that one instead. Vanin will conviniently forget to attack. Jerk.

True.

The next strat is what Vanin wants. Where we send Shad up there, unstealth, pop evasion and pray vanin makes it to you in time. I think we'll go with that one instead. Vanin will conviniently forget to attack. Jerk.

i agree, good strat.

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]