BC delayed til January

Hykos

http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=0...212204&from=rss

"Blizzard today announced that the release date for World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade, the first expansion for World of Warcraft, is delayed until January 2007. From the article: 'By adding a few extra weeks to the development cycle beyond its original target date, Blizzard will be able to extend the closed beta test and further refine the new content that will ship with the game.' While disappointing now, what will this mean for the yearly WoW expansions long term? As Blizzard COO Paul Sams revealed plans in August that 'Starting with The Burning Crusade, every year thereafter we plan on bringing out a new expansion set.' 2008, 2009, ad infinitum?"

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...=38244050&sid=1

Eyeonix: IRVINE, Calif. -- Blizzard Entertainment® today announced that the release date for World of Warcraft®: The Burning Crusade™, the highly anticipated expansion for World of Warcraft, will be in January 2007. By adding a few extra weeks to the development cycle beyond its original target date, Blizzard will be able to extend the closed beta test and further refine the new content that will ship with the game.

“We appreciate the enthusiasm surrounding World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade, and we’re excited about putting the finishing touches on all of the new content,” said Mike Morhaime, president and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “We feel confident that the extra time spent polishing the game will result in the high-quality experience that our players expect and deserve.”

Blizzard began the closed-beta phase of testing on World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade earlier this month. The January 2007 release window will allow extra time for current beta testers to participate in the final stages of development and continue providing valuable feedback.

Further information on specific worldwide release dates, pricing, and other details will be announced in the near future.

Guess we'll have time for C'Thun and more Naxx. :-)

yep sad.gif was exactly what I posted earlier sad.gif ...makin me wait for my Netherwhelp...wtf are they thinknig!!! *angryface*

I'm actually excited about the delay. I would really like to see C'Thun die and more of Naxx before we all start to focus on grinding out the levels to 70.

I'm actually excited about the delay.  I would really like to see C'Thun die and more of Naxx before we all start to focus on grinding out the levels to 70.

I agree.

I actually am hoping it gets delayed even further, at least until Spring Break but hopefully the summer. I'd like to see us be able to put Naxx on MC status before we start our lvl 70 grind while wearing our tier 3's. Plus, I don't really have the time to level up 2 characters from 60-70, while trying to level up my lvl 24 mage.

smile.gif

oh wait... no wow For este till after January.... Just as my second term is begining... laaaaame.

not very surpriced though.

Lol, I was wondering when we'd get an announcement like that =P

From the Eyonix post, I'd guess most people aren't overly optimistic about the 'content patch' b4 BC.

On the bright side, yeah, it'll give slightly more incentive for people to complete Naxx, but on the downside our T2.5/T3s @ lvl70 will only be about as good as those lvl 40ish epics we see on AH (not aweful, but not worth the money/farming).

...[item]Gut Ripper[/item] anyone? =P

I dunno...this news makes me happy. I want 5 60's before the expansion and now it's completely possible! =P

That's right Shad...I said 5.

I'm really not worried about our gear being outdated terribly. I mean, so.... our gear is going to need to be replaced when we level? That's kind of how these games work. I don't think I want to be wearing my [item]Staff of Jordan[/item] at lvl 60 any more than I'll want to wear my [item]staff of dominance[/item] at lvl 70. The only difference is we're replacing MORE epics. But, even then . . . an upgrade is an upgrade. I'd replace my items with greens now if they were in the game.

I'm REALLY excited that we'll get a little longer to push content. I like the fact that we're doing this at 60 and it's a challenge. I had so much fun last night in Nax watching Patchwerk two shot people and Rogues Evasion tank for 30 seconds! When we're 70 and just plowing mobs in Nax to finish quests and get A'tieshes, I don't think it will mean as much to me, nor be as fun.

I had so much fun last night in Nax watching Patchwerk two shot people and Rogues Evasion tank for 30 seconds!

I agree, last night was a blast. I was really happy to see everyone wanted to press on after we completed the quest. It was a lot of fun, and I laughed so hard everytime I watched Soma and Beorn's health drop 8k at a time. One of the more enertaining things I had seen in a long time.

• 1 year later...
I agree.

I actually am hoping it gets delayed even further, at least until Spring Break but hopefully the summer. I'd like to see us be able to put Naxx on MC status before we start our lvl 70 grind while wearing our tier 3's. Plus, I don't really have the time to level up 2 characters from 60-70, while trying to level up my lvl 24 mage.

:)

lol brandon lolol

Thread necros are the leading cause of Cancer and Teen Pregnancy. You should be ashamed Chris.

Thread necros are the leading cause of Cancer and Teen Pregnancy. You should be ashamed Chris.

Look at the post above mine you tard...

GG Edfail, GG

Awwwww, Tutubo was just a little baby back then!!.. and look at him now.. all grown up and making people explode.. brings a tear to my eye :wink3:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/cheap_shot/funny%20crap/1186456221958.jpg

LOL EFFING PETE & PETE!

Artie! The strongmest maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.......in the world!

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]