Shadrende

i thought this thread was gonna be about you finally getting 300/300 swords or something.

but back to the topic, yea the story synopsis makes me want to /wikipedia all day long, sounds really epic and coooool

i'm really looking forward to that. i love how unreal all of the colors are. =]

frank miller is ftw

Yeah that definitely looks freaking awesome. Watching the behind the scenes talking about how they did long uncut action shots for the movie is definitely ftw. Kinda along those lines if you liked Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Hero, Fearless, etc check out the trailer for Curse of the Golden Flower.

did you see all the hot bodies? zomg i'm in!!

Granted, the story of the 300 Spartans taken from a historical event, but the story they are working from is based off Frank Miller's '300'...I just hope they don't ruin another good 'alternative comic'...

League of Extrodinary Gentlemen (Alan Moore): Ruined. Hard to describe the many ways they went wrong.

From Hell (Alan Moore): Not bad but they made some major plot alterations.

Constantine (Jamie Delano): OMFG WTF?! Worst movie ever?...One of the most interesting comic 'anti-heros' was utterly destroyed here >.<V>.<

There are more examples but I gotta go to work

I never read Frank Miller's 300, but I hope they don't butcher the historical events that took place. That was an amazing battle that I think showed just how much further Sparta was in military knowhow and strength then any other country at the time.

Sparta was always the noble & proud cousin of the philosophical Athens. I mean it was Sparta who told Alexander flat out "we don't follow men, we lead them" at the time where all of Greece was under Macedonian rule!

Anyhow...I just hope we see some nice battles and not the crap that was Alexander :/

zomg i liked constantine the movie =/

I actually liked Constantine also...but I never read the paperbacks so...

I hear that argument a lot though that the movie didn't have the "spirit" of the books

I will definately see that. Like everyone else, however, I hope I don't see any glorious historical "tweaks". I hope they give mention to the Athenians that were there as well. Originally it was 1300, 300 Spartans, 1000 Athenians, but they sent the Athenians home to warn the rest of Greece to evacuate/flee.

Other than that, looks great. biggrin.gif

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]