Hey there FP.

Lyssa

Stang dropped by our site and it prompted me to come take a look over here in your neck of the woods.

You guys have a pretty sharp site, nice work to whoever your admin is. biggrin.gif

omg i lost internet, was not my fault i tell u!!!

U GOT THE WRONG MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/cry

Hehe, I hear ya stang. We were on a free board when I joined WoF. After a month or two I convinced Kayel to let me buy the domain and move the site to my own hosting account. So much better then free, ad stuff.

Romus! Hey bud.

EDIT: Soma, what do you use to seperates the sticky topics from the regular topics in the forum thread view? Is that a mod or a function of the forum theme?

EDIT: Soma, what do you use to seperates the sticky topics from the regular topics in the forum thread view?  Is that a mod or a function of the forum theme?

rofl... soma wasnt serious.

Everything is part of PhPbb2 Plus, which is basically a giant collection of mods for PhPbb forums. The only down side to using it is the lack of themes available, as you can't use the ones designed for PhPbb.

you can find more about it here http://www.phpbb2.de/

just go to the english section of their forums. The majority of it is like dutch or something.

As for the sticky thing, any PhPbb forum should place stickied threads at the top. The mod only adds a spacer inbetween stickies, regular posts, and additional hieracrchies like Announce and Global Announce.

Hehe, thanks for the info. For the sticky thing, yea I like how they are physically seperated from the rest of the threads. I'll check that link out.

When you have to install forum upgrades how much of a problem does that collection of mods make it? That's one reason I don't install many mods, because mods can make it a real pain.

well we made a separate site (subdomain really) first and tweaked everything the way we wanted it. Then Dagorian copied all the files over to the main site and most of it worked fine. There was a handful of things that had to be adjusted the first few days, but for the most part it was pretty smooth.

If you're just doing one or two mods it should be easy.

I downloaded the phpbbplus to check it out and the zip is rather strange, there is a 1.53 folder and a phpBB folder. Their documentation is pretty weak and I hate weak documentation. There doesn't seem to be any explanation as to why there are 2 different versions of what appears to be the same install. I'm guessing the 1.53 folder is simply phpbbplus while the phpbb folder is both the phpbbplus and phpbb files. Does that sound right?

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]