In an ideal world this story would lead to slit throats

Winslowe

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/local...-business-front

I'm not saying that everyone has to fall in line with some uber-hippie mentality, but for fuck's sake why does anybody need a goddamn "gigayacht" ?

Drag them through the streets I say, and then hang their corpse in a public square. Worked for the italians with mussolini ;D

Why does it matter if someone wants a big ass boat? I can think of a few other things people dont necessarilly need but they splurge on, hell if I had almost everything imaginable, I'd prolly buy a big ass boat...live every day like it could be your last, brother.

Why buy a small island, when you can buy a big boat I always say! =)

Haha, thats insane though.

When I get rich enough, I'm going to fund a communist revolution, then kill off all the leaders and let the world slip into anarchy, and maybe from the ruins of civilization we can get it right a 2nd time.

Heh, im really not surprised, i almost went into marine architecture, and these wouldve been the sorts of things i'd be thinking up, and trust me, its go big or go home in that market. Only thing that detered me was the dual masters in structural engineering and architecture. wasnt too appealed by being chained to a desk literally forever, because you still complete the program in like 7 years, which, mind you, both programs independently take 7+ years. but hey, what are people supposed to do with their money? give it to charity? For those of you who havent read Gatsby, Its kinda fitting to this, but i dont think there is any real way to close the poverty gap, i mean, there has always been one no matter what kind of civilization/government.

P.S.

Colonize the moon, make it super expensive, then pull the oxygen plug, problem solved.

Haven't you read "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress"? The last thing you do is piss off people who orbit the gravity well of the planet you live on. Can you say mass drivers?

--Wren

in response to that, ill give the following points:

1. You need oxygen to live, plain and simple

2. The majority of the super rich arent the brightest people ever when it comes to science/construction

3. In a vaccum, say outerspace, the oxygen in the whole place would be gone soooo fast, they couldnt do anything.

4. they would just be living there, thinking theyre teh sh1t, i dont see much of the intellectual community living there at first, because theyre probably the ones who would develop such a coup.

but hey, no one will colonize the moon because that would probably piss off every nuclear missile holding country without a space program, and well, that would probably start ww3.

Why does it matter if someone wants a big ass boat? I can think of a few other things people dont necessarilly need but they splurge on, hell if I had almost everything imaginable, I'd prolly buy a big ass boat...live every day like it could be your last, brother.

I'm all for living in the moment, and enjoying life, but Richie Rich toying around in a boat that could subsidize the food bill for an entire village for a year just doesn't seem right. I'm not blind like those live 8 fools, I understnad that world hunger doesn't go away by throwing money at it, or by throwing a bowl of food at it for a short period of time. But It comes down to tact in my eyes. While children are starving to death, and the ones who survive don't have fully formed minds due to malnutrition you're not allowed to play in the boat with a helipad that turns into a giant mech with lazer's for eyes. Sorry it's the new rule, violaters will be cast into the sea.

On another note, I just got more hours from both places of my employment. Ahhhh when I come home I smell terribly. I smell like stale sweat and broken dreams =D Wish I could come back to WoW a bit more. Miss my FP's.

Wow Win, I don't know if I should tell you Im sorry or not, hehe. More hours, its a good thing for you, but I hope it doesnt drag you to the ground man.

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]