Instance Reset macro

forevergirl

It seems that few people know about this so I guess I'd better post it (sticky maybe ?)

Here is by far the best way to reset an instance. It is way superior to any other manual methods for 2 reasons :

1- You don't have to zone out of the instance

2- You don't need to bother a guildie. Actually the macro works even better with people that are already in a group

***Macro***

/invite [insert player here] <-- NO BRACKETS

/script LeaveParty() <-- CASE SENSITIVE

***Player name***

As far as I'm concerned I use a guy called Thelee who is a chinese farmer that is almost on all the time. You can use any name of any person online.

It is best to use people in groups. YOu can do a /who and if you see a name that is in an instance there are good chances that he is grouped

****How to use it****

Run the macro and log off. During the 20 seconds log off countdown you'll see the "you are going to be teleported to IF" message. This is normal but you'll be logged off before it happens.

Log back in and you find yourself AT THE ENTRANCE of a fresh instance

*****Happy farming****

As an aside regarding that instance reset macro:

You don't have to log out, simply zone out of the instance and right back in. Takes less tahn 20 seconds usually. You can press the macro at any point before you zone back in.

Regarding the crystal fang:

Really wish I could help you, FG, but I only have 2 60s and they can't stealth (and the supposed mage invisibility doesn't count, heh).

Its faster to logout sometimes, when you're deep inside an instance and the route back is long (and slow if you're stealthing).

hehehe. Thanks Heilel. I know you'd help if you were a bit more...transparent...

With respect to loging off versus zoning out, don't forget that each time you exit or enter an instance you get the same load time as when you log off/in.

Therefore, if the exit is more than 20 seconds away, it's not worth the effort.

And now for the killer point : when you zone out of an instance you have a chance to get zerged even before being able to move if you happen to collide with a horde raid about to enter.

The log off/in method is perfectly safe from that perspective.

See ? I don't want my partners to be hurt outside of the instance. Only inside.

See ? I don't want my partners to be hurt outside of the instance. Only inside.

where we can suffer durability losses =)

also note that if you have a habit of getting busted, take your armor off while hunting for crystal, until the pull. You only suffer durability on things you are wearing.

Instance resetting has been ninja nerfed during tuesday's reset. There's a minor different, but it's key:

The person you're inviting must accept the invitation, become leader, and then you must leave the group.

I leave it up to you guys to find someone who wants to help you by accepting group invites constantly, but here's my new version of the macro

/promote <unsuspecting victim>

/script LeaveParty()

/invite <unsuspecting victim>

What I do is manually invite the person to a group first. Then I do my stuff in the instance, and right before I zone out then back in again, I hit that macro. Then all the person has to do is hit accept before it's time to reset the instance again.

It works better the other way around for LBRS, seeing as logging out causes you to leave the party. Meaning, go in, do what needs to be done, manually invite someone, promote, leave party, log off and back in. You are then at the front of a fresh instance.

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]