Starcraft Space travel

Marbo

If i am correct, it took the original peeps from earth ( the Terrans) 28 years to get to those planets after being launched into space in those giant ships.

Now the UED had been monitoring them, and of course, showed up in Brood War. How long did it take for the confederates to take complete control, because, how could all the UED show up in time if it takes that long to get to that part of space, a lot of the characters would have died of old age.

Am i missing something here?

By the way, I proclaim myself lord of the lore forums.

Perhaps they developed hyper-space travel, without telling anyone? 'cause you know those commercials about them kicking ass would have taken a long time to get back to earth too.

Thats great and all, but here was my big problem with BW.

The confederates were launched, 28 years later they arrived where-ever-the-hell-that-is and an untold number of years pass. Then SC happens, then BW and earth shows up. In the exact same ships and battle armor that the confederates were using!

WTF?

You'd think that there would be some diversifacition of the cultures; besides medics and valkaries, ... and longer raged Goliaths.

I mean look how far we've come in the last 30 years. The forces from earth would have atleast that much time to progress while the confederates were en-route.

/end rant

Perhaps they developed hyper-space travel, without telling anyone? 'cause you know those commercials about them kicking ass would have taken a long time to get back to earth too.

that would easily be correct.

Thats great and all, but here was my big problem with BW.  

The confederates were launched, 28 years later they arrived where-ever-the-hell-that-is and an untold number of years pass. Then SC happens, then BW and earth shows up. In the exact same ships and battle armor that the confederates were using!  

WTF?  

You'd think that there would be some diversifacition of the cultures; besides medics and valkaries, ... and longer raged Goliaths.  

I mean look how far we've come in the last 30 years. The forces from earth would have atleast that much time to progress while the confederates were en-route.  

/end rant

BTW The goliath, was stolen by the confeds from the Kel-morian combine, so going along with what you said, how did the UED get their hands on them.

Yes, it could be that the UED and the Fed armor are the same from some sort of mix-up with Blizzard's story-line folk. Or, could it be that the Feds just copied designs they remembered from their home planet or some such like that?

At any rate, SC is ftmfw.

It is indeed FTW, and I know that it's just an expansion, but in all reality, the UED should have been something more like a seperate playable faction. I mean they've had between 30 and 50 years of seperation. It's like the American destroyer coming to Hykido bay.

There'd be a bit of a tech gap.

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]