We seriously aren't exageratting Atlanta speeding.

Joesf

LMAO "all I could do was... just look like I'm busy on my cell phone"

OoO and.... if these guys were doing this to ge the speed limit raised.then. awesome but anything else

THEY ARE ALL ASS HOLES... 1 coulda caused a major accadent 2 screwed with peoples daily schedual 3 they...... ummm YEA!

Hmmm...there's a two lane parkway near where I live with a 55mph speed limit by the number of 15. People usually drive 70 to 80mph, though I've seen cars going up to 90. Now, if you saw the curves on that thing, a 55mph speed limit makes sence in quite a few instances.

Did I mention that what is portrayed in the movie tends to happen on a regular basis, it bieng a 2-lane road? Good thing there's no shoulder...(or as some people call it, "Breakdown lane")

Yeah, that's no joke. There are a ton of areas around Atlanta with 55mph zones on the interstates. It's effing rediculous. I go 75-80 on almost any interstate around here like most people. The few people going the speedlimit cause accidents, create HORRIBLE traffic, and make driving a nightmare.

And yeah, there are a lot of people that go 90-100 or more on that interstate and all the others around :-\

/hate atlanta highways

I-4 in Orlando... is 55 going through Orlando... well. 70-90 is the norm during about 3 hours of the day.. the rest. the norm limit is around 5-10. soo.. heehee I would love to watch a video of people trying to go 55mph while everyone is going 5-10 mph

And theres no such thing as a straight road in ATL. 85/75 is like 8 lanes wide and curves more than a go-cart track. Speed limit 55mph, actual speed 65-70mph.

And theres no such thing as a straight road in ATL. 85/75 is like 8 lanes wide and curves more than a go-cart track.

8 lanes on each side!! :shock: (god I hate 85. you people are nuts for living in Gwinnet)

Holy shit! Their line was so perfect! No traffic then siddenly BANG 4 slow cars running at the speed limit, with HUNDREDS of cars driving beside them!!!

lol 100 kph isnt even 65 mph tongue.gif

Fastest i have gone on I-287 120 in a 65 mph zone i got a ticket once there for doin 90 smile.gif i was actually goin over 95 but the cop was like ur soo scrwed neways ill just give u a 90.. lol i got that lowered to an 80 smile.gif

Nomad.

nomad... I thought you were a child........ arn't you like 13 or something? .... its been a while.

ur a nub for thinking that ami smile.gif lol im way past 13 i wish i was 13 i wouldnt have to deal with college stuff. but i guess its all got its own good and bad heh.

Nomad.

Gainesville sucks. I have to go almost outside city limites before I can get above speed limit 35 signs. On capus it's 20...and there's a 30 buffer zone for a few blocks around it.

Worst part of it all are the cops who ticket people for breaking the most ridiculous speed limits I've ever seen.

Highways are 100km/h speed zone here in Quebec, cops will let you go at 117km/h, but I know ppl who drives at 140km/h, and i know some who did Montreal-Drummondville in about 30 minutes (at normal speed it takes around 1 hour) and when I drive I go at the speed limit, but thats only cause I have to drive with my father... hehehe :twisted:

Ya, I found out my car is capped at ~110mph.

A friend of mine back in the Army got pulled over for doing 107mph westbound on 20. Passed the cop, 30min later he caught up to him. All the cops that showed up were ex-military so they just gave him a bunch of crap about it, nothing serious. The arresting cop (he got 30min in jail so our friends could run to the atm to get money for the reckless driving ticket) asked him 'off the record' how fast he got up to... 137mph. Cop was pissed because it would have been the new record. Previously 117mph.

haha, our speedlimits in SLC are 65 freeway and around 40-45 city so i get to go 70-75 without a problem.

these kids were right in some way, but the real problem is everyone going the exact same speed we need people changing speeds to keep with the flow of traffic or you get lumps of cars grouped up.

haha, our speedlimits in SLC are 65 freeway and around 40-45 city so i get to go 70-75 without a problem.

these kids were right in some way, but the real problem is everyone going the exact same speed we need people changing speeds to keep with the flow of traffic or you get lumps of cars grouped up.

Not right. If EVERYONE would run the exact same speed (everyone at 65mph for example) there would not be lomps of car grouped.

And uhh since my english is kinda bad, can someone tell whats the difference between a freeway and a highway? I always mess these 2 up. o_O;

Freeways are for mass trafic. usually four lanes or more going each way. Highways are 1 - 2 lanes.

There's too much liability for the DOT to raise the speed limit even though the average speed that people travel is 20 mph higher. The roads were designed to a lower speed limit (most likely 60 mph) and if they raised the speed limit, they would lose every law suit brought up against them. So, they do what is easiest...they let people travel at a higher speed and not penalize them. This helps with the congestion and absolves them of the liabilities.

Can you tell what i do for a living? I troll the FP webpage.

Okay so basically Freeways are like in the videos and highways are, we could say, the same thing but with only 1 or 2 lines for each way? Thanks smile.gif

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]