The Outdoor Raid System

Kibai

Just as I was thinking of the blue dragon sinew needed to ultimately finish my quest and recieve my epic quiver, I caught word with a stroke of luck that Azuregos had spawned. How coincidentle.

Rushing to Ahzara within a small 15 minutes, I'd finally come upon its massive forests, and began to search for the dragon. In no time, I'd come across the blue monster, But he was being pulled. To where? I wondered as I followed him, and the NE warrior just barely infront of him. Leading me to a massive group of Wendigo Memebers, Angels Of the Fallen, Focused Aggression, and Vehement, with other small guilds pitching in.

It was a collage of 1337 players. I hoped to join them. The pull was executed incorrectly, so they decided to buff up a little, and start over. I took time within this period to ask a fellow hunter if I may recieve an invite to the raid, Though the hunter replied with words of no response from the leader, Unfortunately.

Deciding to stay, I was present for the next 2 attempts at the Dragon, The second on which he died. But returning to my corpse infront of him brought slight dissapointment to my being. As I saw none of those sparkles everyone likes to see, after downing a raid boss.

Its not that I did not expect this. I was not in the major raid, it could only be foreseen that I was not to be able to loot the corpse. Yet, I wanted to stay for the expierience of it all.

This is where I found myself noticing something that doesn't seem quite right with the system.

None of us may say, "Its not about loot", because that is ones perspective. I truly was there for the expierience of downing Azuregos, as it was my first ever, Outdoor raid boss. With small hopes of just getting to roll on the sinew, winning it was only bonus, but knowing that you have the chance to gain something, rather then be denied of it, win, or lose, is satisfaction enough for myself.

But I was part of the "expierience". I stayed and fought all 3 fights without Buffs, or Rezs, Or heals, None of it. But thats not what I'm posting towards.

I had auto-shot on, as any hunter along side me did. I was firing Arcane shot, Aimed shot, Multishot, Serpent sting, as any hunter along side me did. I aided DPS in the event, as all other DPS classes did.

But when the boss was dead upon pixels of hazel shadded grass, I was not able to be a part of looting.

I can understand Blizz could implement such a structure, as its been around, to prevent Ninja looting. I myself, would rather roll fairly, but I cannot assure that others there would not've stollen ph@+ 1007.

But I was denied this because the Major raid party was full.

Its not that I don't approve of it all Blizz, but rather, see that which is correct, and that which seems flawed.

I helped as any hunter did but could not roll or even look at loot, do to the system.

In the end, the Sinew went to a hunter of focused aggression, He was the only roller.

Yea.. i know what you mean.

Some time ago there was a PUG to take on Kazzak lead by Vehement... kazzak isnt as hard and i was in the main raid group however, there were a lot of other players there who werent in the raid that aided.

Most FP who were there should recall Mekock topping the Damage Meter and he wasnt in the raid group - and there was loot that he could hv rolled on i reckon.

I wouldnt say its flawed but there could be some kinda improvement (i dont know what tho) and also maybe players need to be more considerate i.e. give up your spot for someone who is likely to need loot off that boss more than yourself - this is unlikely however. =/

FP at the moment doesnt hv parked alts that check on boss spawns and we dont actively seek to down these bosses so if you want loot off these bosses its best that you add key members from other high-end guilds and hope for the best that you get in.

Is there a better system? Remember we're dealing with software, not living and conscious beings making the decision who can loot, so the rules of the game have to be simple and clear cut. You can probably find a sinew on the AH for <600g anyway, so however unfortunate it's not the end of the world.

Raid groups have to be capped at some size, and there isn't much alternative as to looting. I suppose you could somehow get a list of all who attacked a target and put them in the ML list... or everyone within a raidus of the target (due to healers), but that's hardly ideal.

The solution is to be in a guild that kills these bosses, and thereby get into the raid group that tags the boss.

I wasn't saying it was the end of the world Kopi, and I know the sinew's on the AH.

I cannot ask for a system that can compose an ideal structure that allows both Small helpers/groups, and big raids, to share loot.

I was just saying those who do help out should be eligible to some kinds of rewards. It wasn't anything big to me, thats all I was trying to say.

Though its unlikely to happen, its not a fully structured idea.

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]