OooOoO New land + Horde Blood elfs + lvl cap 70!!

stangmeister

In the immortal words of Panda, oh em gee!

Where did they get those?!?!?

The Blood Elves have no cities or towns in Azeroth as of yet, but they've occupied the aboveground portions of the Black Citadel in Outland while the Naga under Lady Vashj live in the sewers and aqueducts. They also maintain a base camp in the Azshara region of Kalimdor that they share with the Naga, and smaller numbers of Blood Elves have been seen both elsewhere in Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms.

So does this mean the pictures are from Outland?! o_O

hmm maybe they added it to Quel'Thalas. PANDA! we're going to do some exploring.

All of this was taken from http://www.cesspit.net/

Here's your rumors.

To begin with, Jeff Green's post confirming the two new races in the expansion has been deleted. For reference I'll mirror it here:

Yay! I can almost start talking about it. Yeah, sorry, that was a bit of a tease, wasn't it? Well, the issue is due out in about two weeks. Blizzard would probably rip me a new one, and, even worse, disable my WoW account, if I started leaking information here. The only other person who knows anything is my daughter, who also plays WoW and can't keep a secret. So, if you can figure out which of the millions of players she is online and hit her up, I'm sure she's spill. smile.gif

I got to see pretty much everything---except for whatever the new race for the Alliance will be. That one they're either keeping a secret or, more quite possibly, haven't figured out themselves yet. But everything else I know. And while, like I said, I can't spill details yet, I can tell you it is *huge*--tons of new content for all levels. It definitely got me motivated to get Eggbert, my gnome warlock, up to 60 ASAP. So I have many nights of serious \"work\" ahead of me. Yay!

So, as soon as Blizzard gives me the okay, I will replace my desktop picture with our December cover, which pictures an awesome painting from one of the Blizzard artist's of the new Horde race. I hate being a tease (well, okay, it's a little fun), but I just can't tell ya yet. But soon!

Here is, instead, the translation of the *official* explanation about the "leaked" cover of the magazine announcing the level cap to 70:

"During Monday, 17 October we have closed various topics about World of Warcraft. The cover of the upcoming "The Games Machine" in the preview section of this site was also modified. This happened to comply our agreement with Blizzard Entertainment. The omission isn't representing the desire to censor or disinform, but just the respect of the set date to disclose informations. What happened won't compromise the content of the next issue of "The Game Machine" that will be regularly out next week."

Therefore we ask "The Game Machine" readers and the community of this forum to patently wait a few more days.

Thanks."

Which basically means (my english is broken but my italian is not) that the cover of the magazine with the title of the expansion (The Burning Crusade) and the catchphrase hinting the cap to 70 were, indeed, reliable.

Again on the forum of the magazine some readers are claiming to own a copy of the preview and wrote down some of the features (and here we have an high probability of fake, but, still, they could make sense):

--

New region:

Outlands

New Instances:

Kharazan - Near Deadwind Pass (5-man)

Caverns of Time in Tanaris (unusual place where the players will be able to move back and forth in time to reenact the main events of the history of Warcraft)

Level cap raised to lvl 70 - There will be repetable quests to gain access to a flying epic mount usable only in the Outlands.

New profession: Jewelcrafting, it will be possible to create gems to apply to weapons and armors and add effects. Other professions will be able to craft objects with embedded slots for these gems.

New races:

Horde - Blood Elves with a new starting zone north of Eastern Plaguelands and a new dungeon.

Alliance - Undisclosed

Battlegrounds shared between servers.

Atmospherical effects.

Release: Not before May 2006.

--

The new region isn't Northrend but the Outlands, with the remains of the planet Dreanor, the world of the first orcs. The remains of this planet float in the air, this is why it will be formed like separated "isles". Two dungeons will be located here along with a new one near the Deadwind Pass.

Same for Tanaris. There will be a brand new instance working like a temporal breach that will allow the players to time travel (hence the name: Caverns of Time) and reenact past events. The war at mount Hyal is one.

The level 70 is real, but no hero classes.

The new race for the horde is the blood elf. The racial traits will be a "Mana Tap" to slowly leech the mana of the target (it will be applicable more than once like the Sunder Armor) and that will then directly load the second trait: "Arcane Torment (or Torrent)" which will work like an area silence. The starting zone will probably be near Quel'thalas.

The Alliance race is still not available but it seems it will be Pandarens.

The new profession will be Jewelcrafting that works in a similar way to how the gems worked in Diablo 2.

And btw, the main boss will be Illidian.

--

Finally, yet another creation screen appeared on the internet (LOL!).

Some of what is written here is true. Some isn't. It's like a game. Enjoy.

Source: The Cesspit | WoW[/url]

WoW level cap to 70

Submitted by Abalieno on October 17, 2005 - 22:26.

I get italian news from the interweb.

THE BURNING CRUSADE.

The correct translation of the diciture is: "Blizzard surprises everyone by bringing us to level 70!"

Or something like that. Now it's 22.30 here, but you can be sure I'll go out early tomorrow and find out what I can. If there's something juicy I could try to scan it. I'm not sure whether the magazine is out or not, though.

Anyway, that's the most important PC game magazine we have here and it is surely reliable.

It's also sad that Blizzard couldn't think anything else than just to rise the level cap. How innovative.

EDIT: It seem the scan was posted on the official site and is now removed. It's not sure whether a fake or deleted on Blizzard request. The moderators on the forum of the magazine are closing all the threads about the episode and asking everyone to understand that the situation isn't simple and they cannot comment further.

Official comment from the editor of the magazine: at this point it's advisable a general "no comment". Do it for me, please! (and thanks)

They have always previewed the cover and summary long before the magazine is out. I believe they just didn't anticipate what was going to happen in this special case and now they are in trouble.

And, since we are talking about rumors, there's a screenshot hinting that the new horde race will be the "blood elves". That the expansion will have two new races, one for each faction, was somewhat confirmed here.

Worldofwar also commented this "leak" and added more details about the title:

A little more on the Burning Crusade name. This trademark was registered by Blizzard back on 3 May of this year under 'computer software'. At the time speculation tied it to a WoW expansion after discovering mention of the name on Blizzard's page about Sargeras, champion of the Titans, specifically this bit:

"Once Sargeras saw that his armies were amassed and ready to follow his every command, he launched his raging forces into the vastness of the Great Dark. He referred to his growing army as the Burning Legion. To this date, it is still unclear how many worlds they consumed and burned on their unholy Burning Crusade across the universe."

And finally a screenshot with what seems a Blood Elves town:

Source: The Cesspit | WoW

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The screenshots that the links in this article went to were all removed upon Blizzard's request. sleep.gif

zomg... i've seen the screenies before.. seriously tho... bloodelves at least from those pics look kinda freaky... all nice and peaceful looking with like this lurking atmosphere that'd they tear any non-bloodelf apart if u appeared there O.o

i'm really curious and cant wait to see wat happens at blizzcon...

the bloodelf racial traits sound a bit ridiculous tho... wat abt non-mana classes and wouldnt a aoe silence be a bit overpowered?

Wow, I just might have to jump sides for the Blood Elves, they were my alltime favorite charaters introduced into Warcraft. I guess I could make a Pandarian and keep him drunk for FP too though. Will be tough dividing my time now. smile.gif

If only we knew the new Alliance race. Somehow I just don't think pandaren would work lol.

SO I'm guessing all this stuff will be coming out with the expansion. Anyone ahve any word on a rough ETA of the expansion?

Why would the blood elfs be allied with the horde??! In wc3 they were alliance. =\?!

I dont think blizz would skrew their lore with Pandas, but they did it in WC3, so who knows?

OMG i'm beating you all to lvl 70!! cool more lowbies to gank.

Never played the expansion, Stang? The blood-elves under that new hero were all exiled and whatnot, and they went and hung out with the Naga and the orcs. Atleast I thought. Then again, by the end of the game, there wasn't really any fighting between the Horde and the Alliance. So, meh.

No I did, what I meant was like, if you played on Battle net, the Bloodelfs were made as Human units. And the Bloodmage hero was summoned at the altar of kings, a human/alliance building.

I should brush up on my Warcraft lore! Anyone offer remidial classes?

I really hope we dont get pandarens for the alliance... i mean pandas are cool and all... but i cant imagine it for some reason...

Also... i'm just wondering how they plan to increase the lvl cap to 70 and not hv hero classes... how is this gonna work?

I imagine hving 40 lvl70s doing MC or BWL would be too easy (duh) wat does everyone else think?

Why would the blood elfs be allied with the horde??! In wc3 they were alliance.  =\?!

I dont think blizz would skrew their lore with Pandas, but they did it in WC3, so who knows?

I never played WC3, but what I've read up on says that the Blood Elves and the Naga left Azeroth with Illidan and followed him to the Outlands. I guess there they befriended the Orcs and are now aligned with the horde. They're obsessed with magic like Illidan, and because of this there is no way they would ever get along with other elves, especially the High Elves, whom they are descendants of.

As for the Pandawhateverthey'recalled, I read elsewhere that this part was made up and they are not the new alliance race, but who knows. I guess we'll find out in another week.

The Naga didnt follow Illidan to Outlands.. they live under the sea near the maelstrom.

They're nightelves corrupted by the arcane magic (former highborne) and hv evolved due to their surroundings underwater.

Omg... i just double-checked on bloodelves and my memory is damn good lol.

Here it is... the blood elves are former high elves... they renamed themselves to avenge their brethren who fell during the plague and became part of the scourge (now forsaken).

The highelves, now bloodelves, had helped the alliance on many war encounters but because of their addiction to the arcane they also formed an alliance with the naga. Because of this relation.. the Alliance sentenced them to execution and the bloodelves fled to outlands (formerly draenor) where they pledged themselves to Illidan who promised them to teach them how to siphon the life from others to fuel their ability to practice magic.

The bloodelves were desperate since they were cut off from the powers of the well of eternity because of the alliance - this basically explains why the bloodelves are on the side of the horde.

However... it clearly states that the blood elves regard the naga as their only allies and that the orcs/trolls/tauren despise the corrupted bloodelves... so i'm curious to see how blizzard clears this up.

The goals of the bloodelves are to eradicate all scourge... then eliminate the alliance, especially the night elves.

Note... the high elves u see in WC3 are not bloodelves... they're surviving high elves who hv joined the humans for refuge much like the gnomes joined the dwarves.

The bloodelves together with Illidan conquered outland and the draenei joined forces with them as well. They tried to assault arthas the lich king but failed. Illidan returned to outland whereas many bloodelves remained on azeroth which explains their starting grounds in northern EPL.

So... from WC lore... we know that bloodelves are clearly the allies of the naga... but naga arent playable so the closest they fit to is the horde.. they hv a common enemy i.e. the alliance. The forsaken dont like the horde nor the alliance but for the meantime they'll join forces with the horde as the tauren try to heal them yet the alliance has totally extradited the undead.

Same situation for the bloodelves... no one in the horde likes them... but they'll tolerate them more so than the alliance.

From this... possible horde races in the future could be the naga and the draenei. My only problem here is that the bloodelves could still be under the influences of the burning legion and that the forsaken could still be influenced by arthas the lich king... mayb not now but somewhere down the road.

In other words... the bloodelves or the forsaken could be the downfall of the horde.

There's a lot of room for WC lore... blizzard could screw this up massively or create something uberly complex.

What pisses me off tho... is that there's hardly any info on possible alliance races... so not much going on there.

But the alliance has massive problems too.. the corruption of the emerald dream so the nightelves hv lost a lot of their druids for now as well as the threat of the old god's bitches i.e. ragnoras... guilds hv only defeated a weakened form of himself... and for those who hv 5-manned a brd emprun should know that the heir to the IF throne has dark iron blood and could be influenced greatly by the old gods.

God... its mindboggling.

I was just thinking about a possible alliance race... pandarens seem unlikely as we hvnt seen them much in WC lore and they hvnt contributed as much.

However... i thought of one... and it'd be so godly awesome if it happened... we know that the dragon aspects hv a pretty close relation to the alliance.. more so than the horde.

We also know that dragon aspects can take on the form of a humanoid. So... bloodelves are awesome... its only fair that blizzard would hv to create an equally awesome race for the alliance.

Then taking a look at events... the emerald dream is being corrupted... the dragon aspects in general are hving major problems and are still recovering from past wars.

They need to seek the help of other races.

I think hving a dragon aspect faction in humanoid form would be awesome!

Naturally.. they wouldnt be overpowered... the aspects themselves will hv no involvement but we could place it that the children of the dragons hv taken it into their own hands to save their parents and so join the alliance to fight off the burning legion (their main enemy) and obviously the horde... they hv more enemies in the horde than the alliance.

Discuss. =P

Dagorian..

Wow.

.................. Thanks though, I read it all, and I cant contribute anything cause I am digesting it all. Where did you learn all this! Your on crack! =P

I dont know much... i just read around once in awhile... WC lore can be pretty interesting when ur bored downloading a wow patch =P

WC lore is HUGE... think LotR, but more convoluted.

+ pandas?

Woe is blizzard.

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]