Nifty Idea I thought I would share.

Shean

Stress survey to win a game card Holly Hale is a grad student at the University of Detroit Mercy. She's preparing a dissertation focusing on the management of stress, using World of Warcraft as a tool. As such, she's asking for volunteers to take her survey. If you do so, you'll be entered in a random drawing to receive a free 60-day prepaid game card. If you win, the information about the game card will be sent to you by email, so make sure you leave an accurate, real email address. You can find more information at the web site. Fair warning: the survey takes about 10 minutes.

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/409863/WOW-S...ovember-11-2010

Cam across this while surfing WoWInsider thought it was a cool way to do a dissertation for a Degree you are trying to get. S

Well that was highly interesting :) I was wondering if anyone out there in the academic world would be combining psychology with WoW for a dissertation or research topic, the survey was really well formulated. Thanks for sharing!

If I were a business major, I would want to write a thesis on motivating Gen X/Gen Y employees (who are notoriously difficult for Baby Boomer managers to reach) using lessons learned in WoW.

It intrigues me that players are willing to pay to farm murlocs or wipe on progression bosses over and over and over, when the rewards are no more tangible than pixels on a screen and virtual power-ups. I've toyed with the notion of rewarding completion of a big project with a chance to RTU for a flat-screen monitor or ergonomic office chair...

:cool:

Edited by Fatherpeteus

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]