Gear that made the difference!

dragonlgnd

With WoTLK coming out soon, I got to thinking about gear, and how we change pieces for a mere 1 or 2 stat difference. I then remembered some of the major upgrades I had gotten in the past, and how Inoticed a big difference when I had them on.

What gear did you actually notice a difference with once you had it equipped, and what talents made the difference to you?

I remember Malistar's Defender , shield from Rag, the day after getting it I took out 2 different hunters just outside of Mara , that was the first time I had actually beaten a hunter in world PvP when they got the jump on me ( well first and second). The stat upgrade was huge for me, and some MP5 , it was awesome.

When I got my T4 helm , I was wearing some crappy blue tanking helm , and noticed some serious survivability increases, I was really happy with it. I sometimes see other tanks running around with the same shitty blue bracers I had for most of my 60's and into 70 , I think I shed a small tear of joy when I got the ones from Huntsman in Kara, I had no idea the stat gap between the two was so huge.

When I think of talents, I think I thank jeebus everyday for Ardent Defender, even after having it for about 2 years , I still smile when it takes a hordie a minute to get me to 35% health, and another minute just to take me from 35% ----> 0% , seeing their attacks hit or crit for pitiful amounts has had me laughing since I've had it, dieing from a spur of 100-300 damage hits when I'm sitting at 4k health is just awesome. Seriously, getting crit for 100ish cracks me up, when just seconds ago their normal hits where 200-400.

I keep looking at my prot spec and wondering how I ever played prot without Avengers shield. It's not needed, but it would be like taking a crack pipe away from Trev at this point. I got to play a little bit of WOTLK beta with a paladin, and it being instant cast was amazing, while running towards a DeathKnight I beaned him on the head ( and his ghouls... and his ghouls target) and I totally got a chubby.... and proceeded to beat him into the ground, with him ... his ghoul... his ghouls target... and 2 mobs on me ( I was on a 61 paladin, he was 59 ) I lived at just around 100 Hp... Yes, yes, it was better then sex, Ill say it! and I mean it damn it! ( I love you honey)

[item]The Unstoppable Force[/item] Was such a huge upgrade over all the blue weapons that I had been using. I enabled me to take the reckoning spec I had been using and turn it into something really lethal.

[item]The Untamed Blade[/item] When I got this I already picked up the PvP armor; adding this sword into my kit allowed me to completely destroy Horde like I hadn't been able to in a long time.

And finally Crusader Strike, Combined with the UTB and later my Claymore I was able to take a class I had been told "had no place doing damage in pvp" and grind not only Horde, but all criticism into the ground. My crowing achievement at 60 with all the pvp gear was heading over to the mine after all of our group had been killed, calling for reinforcements and expecting get my ass kicked and buy us a few seconds. I was completely stunned when, to my amazement, I had killed 4 of them and sent the druid running for his life before the reinforcements got there. I was capping the flag when Kimball came rolling up with that orange hammer. I had to walk away from the keyboard after that, I couldn't believe that it just happened.

[item]Mace of Unending Life[/item]

Hm...Item tags don't work for this guy...

Mace of Unending Life

This item (The 3 item set really) made feral really, well...*Feral*

The mace was among the very few +feral AP weapons pre-BC and my PvP and Kitty PvE experience was SOOOOOO much better after I got it.

Mace of Unending Life and the Warden Staff

I spent 4 months in Silithus to get that damned mace to complement my PVP set.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/cheap_shot/warcraft/Screenshots/Atrus.jpg

By far the most important item was the Warden Staff (15 Agi). I picked that up at level 45 and used that until level 65, not only for tanking purposes (Sartura's Adds and ZG) but for soloing TONS of mobs including but not limited to 3 LBRS BOSSES at level 60.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/cheap_shot/warcraft/Screenshots/sartura.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/cheap_shot/warcraft/Screenshots/WoWScrnShot_100306_172905.jpg

I keep both items in my bank out of thanks for all of the memories.

For BC, the most important item i've had is easily my Earthwarden as i was the first Alliance Druid to get it (3 days before Pykan and Delongowoods) and i used it for PVE DPS (no illhoof drops til late summer), PVP, and PVE Tanking up til Archmimonde. It epitomized the Feral Druid's flexibility.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/cheap_shot/warcraft/Screenshots/moonglade.jpg

Edited by Atrus

[item]Rejuvenating Gem[/item]

Still wear it, it's that good =)

QFT

Also. [item]Lok'amir il Romathis[/item] was amazing. like, 4 times better than the epic it replaced.

And [item]Blessed Qiraji War Hammer[/item] was the shit... the couple weeks I had it before it was replaced by a BC green :-(

[Crack Pipe] Nothing else has had close to the impact on my life as this blissful device. I suppose if I had to pick something from wow [staff of the Qiraji Prophets] helped me out tremendously, I've always had terrible luck getting purple weapons to drop and this was doubtlessly a large upgrade from whatever pos blue I had at the time.

i just remember benediction being THE thing to have as a priest and it was held with such respect to have one.

and it was sparkly.

yeah, you know all of that awesome BWL stuff the resto druids and priests are going on about? THEY WOULD NEVER DROP FOR ME@&$*(&@*$@

probably my most appreciated upgrade was the ZG chest i got to replace the hideous pink dress i wore for what seemed like years. i have no idea what kind of impact it made stat wise, but it made my eyes stop bleeding.

probably my most appreciated upgrade was the ZG chest i got to replace the hideous pink dress i wore for what seemed like years. i have no idea what kind of impact it made stat wise, but it made my eyes stop bleeding.

lawl the pink dress

Duuuuude I rememberz all that stuffz from BWL. But Matt, way to choose an item from the lootbox sheesh..

I think everyone knowz mine rawr

[item]Ashkandi, Greatsword of the Brotherhood[/item]

But I keep a butt load of other swords from pre BC.. /joesf

If anyone wants a sword show (o.O) contact me in game... meow

I WANT A SWORDSHOW!!!

I wonder why that item link isn't working. Weird!

Seriously man, a broken Ashkandi link should result in someone's balls being removed.

[Ashkandi, Greatsword of the Brotherhood]But I keep a butt load of other swords from pre BC.. /joesf

Ashkandi Brotherhood Unite! Lets go kill Nef!

/evileye Coeus

Haha

PUGIO!! PUGIO PUGIO PUGIO!!

[item]Blessed Qiraji Pugio[/item]

I remember dreamrolling this and using my 1k points xD

Shiki, baby jesus would be disappointed in your answer to that question.

[item]Defender of the Timbermaw[/item]

Edited by Hykos

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]