Racial Abilities Retuned in WotlK

Ryee

Changes that should be in the next beta push. Bear in mind that some of these may change somewhat or entirely, and there may also be other changes coming in subsequent pushes.

It's only a list of changes, anything not mentioned didn't change.

Orc

Hardiness now reduces the duration of stun effects by 15%

Troll

Racial Passive "The Voodoo Shuffle": Reduces the duration of all movement impairing effects by 15%. Trolls be flippin' out mon!

Berserking: no longer has an activation cost of energy/rage/etc

Draenei

Gift of the Naaru: The amount healed is increased based on the caster's Spell Power or Attack Power, whichever is higher. This ability does not lose casting time from taking damage.

Shadow Resistance: reduces the chance to be hit by Shadow spells by 2%

Dwarf

Frost Resistance: reduces the chance to be hit by Frost spells by 2%

Racial Passive "Mace Specialization": Expertise with Maces and Two-Handed Maces increased by 5.

Undead

Shadow Resistance: reduces the chance to be hit by Shadow spells by 1% (yes, this is lower than the other resistance racials)

Will of the Forsaken: removes any fear, sleep, or charm effect (no longer has a lasting immunity).

Night Elf

Quickness: reduces the chance to be hit by melee or ranged attacks by 2%

Nature Resistance: reduces the chance to be hit by Nature spells by 3%

Tauren

Endurance: now scales based on base health, to be tuned to approximately a 5% heath increase if the player were wearing green quality gear

Nature Resistance: reduces the chance to be hit by Nature spells by 2%

Gnome

Escape Artist: the freeing effect can no longer be resisted

Arcane Resistance: reduces the chance to be hit by Arcane spells by 2%

Blood Elf

Mana Tap: ability removed (partially integrated into Arcane Torrent)

Arcane Torrent: restores 15 energy, 15 runic power, or 6% of mana to the Blood Elf (along with the current 2s silence effect)

Magic Resistance: reduces the chance to be hit by spells by 2%

Human

Perception: changed to a passive, now grants one character level of passive stealth detection

Racial "The Fall of Humanity": Feign death which may trick enemies into ignoring you. Any threat is restored versus enemies still in combat upon cancellation of this effect. 5min cooldown

Racial Passive "Human Supremacy": The dominance of Humanity is evidenced by having one more racial bonus than normal. Actually, make that two counting this one. (just a tooltip, no actual functionality)

The Human Spirit: spirit bonus lowered to 5%

Note: this is a list of changes/additions, not an exhaustive list of all abilities. Racial abilities not mentioned here haven't changed (or are ones I forgot to put on this list).

And this for comedy:

Unholy Blight (Rank 2) bug

Unholy Blight Rank 2 was causing the World Server to shut down. We have temporarily disabled the spell in order to restore stability. We'll be looking into other stability issues throughout the weekend. Thanks for being patient with us.

Racial "The Fall of Humanity": Feign death which may trick enemies into ignoring you. Any threat is restored versus enemies still in combat upon cancellation of this effect. 5min cooldown. WTF

Gift of the Naru might be worth casting now but IMO they need to get rid of the Perception, War stomp, etc type of racials.

http://www.ascetics.net/art/RPG%20Monsters/monster%20-%20troll%20(color).png

I'm sure that info was posted on Friday. Your lurking powers disappoint me Joey.

The "Fall of Humanity" racial brings lots of options to the table if it lets you go out of combat, imagine a second free vanish?

Racial Passive "Human Supremacy": The dominance of Humanity is evidenced by having one more racial bonus than normal. Actually, make that two counting this one. (just a tooltip, no actual functionality)

roffle

So pretty much instead of having to activate a piece of crap ( Perception) it's now always on..... I really don't know how I feel about that. The blood elf one seems even more amazing to me then it was before, but it could be about the same breakdown I guess. Actually, it seems like blood elves would get a large boost from the listed Racial's here.

So pretty much instead of having to activate a piece of crap ( Perception) it's now always on..... I really don't know how I feel about that. The blood elf one seems even more amazing to me then it was before, but it could be about the same breakdown I guess. Actually, it seems like blood elves would get a large boost from the listed Racial's here.

Perception is pretty OP for arenas yo :) the BE one is about the same they just dont have to mana tap before hand.

Even after the change, going BE over Orc or Tauren or Undead is silly unless of course you're defaulted by the paladin class. I might see some use for AT in PVE as a Priest but that pretty much covers all of it's uses.

I disagree with you. It comes to a situation of the combo you're in and your role. A Rogue with 2 silences is crippling, even more so when one returns energy, and doesn't cost anything but a GCD to spend. I've seen many a good healer get royally owned by a rogue with two forms of interrupts. Orc have the stun resist, and the extra damage, but if you're in an arena with classes who can not stun you what's the use? Same goes with fear. What's the use of fear if you're never feared in the first place. It's ALL a matter of situation. Sure there's alot more chance that you will run into combos where the stun resist would be gnarly, or the WoGG will be amazing, but that doesn't mean the BE racial doesn't have it's place in the arena, and it doesn't make it a "silly" choice either.

Please like being human is superior anymore.

No perception.

No more weapon bonuses.

No more rep bonus.

Human Supremacy: Random attempt to kill any nearby humans to prove you are superior. There can be only one.

Edited by Joesf

Psst Joesf, they didn't get rid of the Human Spirit, Diplomacy, and Sword Expertise. They just modified what was listed.

I kinda figure the Arcane torrent is roughly the same it already was, but having a way to get instant and free mana back is an amazing ability to me, and the have a 2 second silience attached? is just crazy.

Blood Elf

Mana Tap: ability removed (partially integrated into Arcane Torrent)

Arcane Torrent: restores 15 energy, 15 runic power, or 6% of mana to the Blood Elf (along with the current 2s silence effect)

Magic Resistance: reduces the chance to be hit by spells by 2%

But I was also mentioning the Magic resistance, maybe itll be tweaked, but the other races got a 2% or 3% chance to 1 school of magic, BE's get if VS all?..... that just doesn't seem right.

You know, i hear other people tell me perception is awesome, but it's only been useful to me twice while I've had a human character, both times I either saw or heard the rogue stealth before I used it. Now in Arena I can see it being useful... but if you time it wrong, it's a waste, plus Sap out ranges it.

You're overestimating the Blood Elf racials because you're looking at it through a Paladin's point of view where the Paladin class has no true interrupt. When you start looking at other racial alternatives for other character classes, the bonuses for Blood Elves start to diminish.

I noticed your arena ratings and spec (i assume Holy for PVP) and figured that you're the type of person that does less than 15 games a week on average (in S3 rather, S4 shows no games played). You also play with a mage and a hunter for 2v2 and with the latter the ability to use Perception is lessened due to Flare and sitting on a trap. You also have a 5v5 team with 3 actual players meaning you only did the team for points in the first place. I took a look at your reputation tab and also noticed that you have severely limited battleground experience due to your neutral and honored reputations in WSG and AB.

Now that we have established your pvp experience, it is safe to assume that your assumption that a rogue can sap you while perception is active may be skewed by very little empirical evidence. What may have happened is your Perception racial was active and the opposing Rogue was standing directly behind you (where your Stealth Detection doesn't apply) and more than likely had some Stealth bonus (NE perhaps). To counteract this, inexperienced Paladins cast rank 1 Concecrate on the ground and hope that the Rogue is inexperienced as well and will get caught by the concecrate.

What more experienced Paladin players choose to do is to Mount up and jump+spin around in a figure eight pattern as it's more likely to find someone with perception when you cover more ground and the increased speed allows you to avoid a Sap from an opposing Rogue and lets you see them before they see you. Try this method out next time you choose to fight a Druid or Rogue, there is a reason why most of the top 100 players who happen to be Alliance choose Human for their Warrior instead of the arguably better Dwarf or Gnome: To catch Druids and Rogues which are within the top 4 most utilized classes for any serious Arena match.

In PVE situations, the only real applications for Perception have been to catch stealth mobs before they use their opener on you like the Jaedenar Satyrs that i used to farm in vanilla WoW for felcloth. Plus it's always useful to use before mining or gathering in case some prick Rogue tries to sap+steal your node. ;)

Oh and good news for my Alliance brethren, HoJ is a 20 second cooldown for a 6 second stun in WotLK when talented for it.

Edited by Atrus

What may have happened is your Perception racial was active and the opposing Rogue was standing directly behind you (where your Stealth Detection doesn't apply) and more than likely had some Stealth bonus (NE perhaps). To counteract this, inexperienced Paladins cast rank 1 Concecrate on the ground and hope that the Rogue is inexperienced as well and will get caught by the concecrate.

What more experienced Paladin players choose to do is to Mount up and jump+spin around in a figure eight pattern as it's more likely to find someone with perception when you cover more ground and the increased speed allows you to avoid a Sap from an opposing Rogue and lets you see them before they see you. Try this method out next time you choose to fight a Druid or Rogue, there is a reason why most of the top 100 players who happen to be Alliance choose Human for their Warrior instead of the arguably better Dwarf or Gnome: To catch Druids and Rogues which are within the top 4 most utilized classes for any serious Arena match.

In PVE situations, the only real applications for Perception have been to catch stealth mobs before they use their opener on you like the Jaedenar Satyrs that i used to farm in vanilla WoW for felcloth. Plus it's always useful to use before mining or gathering in case some prick Rogue tries to sap+steal your node. ;)

Oh and good news for my Alliance brethren, HoJ is a 20 second cooldown for a 6 second stun in WotLK when talented for it.

Honestly I find perception to be equaly useful and useless at the same time. There are very few rogues (at least in what I've seen) that don't have some kind of +stealth. So more often when not the moment I see something I'm sapped. I'd be more then willing to admit that I just suck but I'm sure theres someone around here that'll argue otherwise. It's very helpful against druids, which is why you may think of it in a more favorable light, but against my primary fustration: rogues, it's a 50/50 success rate at best.

I do have to agree with you about the BE racials vs other Horde racials. However both DL and I made our decisions as to what classes to play a long time ago, so everything we see is skewed from this perspective. Which I'd be more then willing to bet that your experiences as a feral at such a high rating will equally influence your opinion.

*Awaits crack about current arena ratings*

Perception wasn't a key ability, but it gave you a major advantage when you did get the drop on the stealther. If the rogue didnt have any +stealth, you could see them as far as your charge would work.

Actually Atrus, I don't PvP, my arena info is from 2 seasons ago. BUT what PvP I do is in world PvP when rogues (and druids)like to sneak up to you and you DONT know they are around you. In arena I'm sure it's good, but arena wasn't added until 3 years? after the game came out, even than, it's only one aspect of the game.

In the end, I'd rather have Arcane Torrent over perception. New version or old, Arcane Torrent is useful for all aspects of the game and all specs ( for a paladin) while perception is not.

When I get bored I sometimes pop it while tanking... to see the effect... and imagine it's a spectrum of color that only I can see.... I'm dissapointed every time.

Ohhh yeah

Check this out: Regarding the Human Racials... and OMG Shadowmeld = win!

Don't get too used to it though, this is beta! The next build will feature three significant changes to racials.

"The Fall of Humanity": removed

We'll be trying out a new Human racial in its place...

"Every Man for Himself": Removes all movement impairing effects and all effects which cause loss of control of your character. This effect shares a cooldown with other similar effects.

also, a significant change to Shadowmeld...

"Shadowmeld: Activate to slip into the shadows, reducing the chance for enemies to detect your presence. Lasts until cancelled or upon moving. Any threat is restored versus enemies still in combat upon cancellation of this effect."

Yes, it can be used in combat. Yes, the effect is very similar to what was previously "The Fall of Humanity". The cooldown is 3 min.

But check these additional QA's on these racials..

Correct, as it states it shares a cooldown with other similar effects (the pvp trinket). So, you essentially gain flexibility regarding what to do with that slot. Human Racial = 2min

Regarding shadowmeld... It's like vanish?

Not entirely, although you can use it in combat, and it will cause any mobs currently on you to de-aggro, it doesn't actually take you out of combat unless you're the last one on the hate list of any mobs that you were engaged with.

Shadowmeld again.. So if you are fighting 1 mob, and you shadowmeld, you will then be removed from combat?

Yes

Shadowmeld: Does that also mean that shadowmeld will also force pvp targets to detarget you (but not necessarily prevent them from retargeting you)?

Yep, forces a detarget.

Neat!

In the end, I'd rather have Arcane Torrent over perception. New version or old, Arcane Torrent is useful for all aspects of the game and all specs ( for a paladin) while perception is not.

Humans have some other pretty nice racials too though, yaknow.

I'm annoyed that the only reason to make my priest a dwarf (fear ward racial) was summarily removed three years after release. WTB a WotLK barber that can respec me into a human, giving +5% spirit (amazing for priests) and +10% rep (frigging amazing for anyone) and perception, in exchange for basically nothing.

:pinch:

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]