E3 2008: EA Confirms Development of KOTOR MMO

Lyssa

WOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Though we've seen compelling evidence in the past, it's finally official: BioWare and LucasArts are working on an MMO based on the popular Knights of the Old Republic franchise. Portfolio.com interviewed EA boss John Riccitiello, who said that they have "two of the most compelling MMOs in the industry in development." The first he referred to was Warhammer Online, but what about the second? He said, "and the one people are dying for us to talk about -- in partnership with Lucas, coming out of BioWare, which is, I think, quite possibly the most anticipated game, full stop, for the industry at the point when we get closer to telling you about it." Just in case you're still skeptical, the interviewer then pressed by asking directly if he referred to a Knights of the Old Republic online game, and Riccitiello plainly said, "yes."

This isn't extremely surprising news, but at least it finally puts to rest all the speculation. There's no other information available yet, so any kind of release window is hard to pin down. While unconfirmed, the language of the story seems to suggest that the game will be headed to PCs. We'll let you know more as it comes.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3168871

I don't know... I've kinda given up on Lucas arts itself for gaming , though I could be wrong, I didn't think they were to involved in KOTOR , and that's what made it good. It was more about quality of gameplay than how much they can rake in.

I have no clue what this game is about, but I like it already.

:[

I hate you.

Nah I probably wouldn't pick up another game. However, the KotOR Series was really well put together.

Star Wars Galaxies was EXCELLENT, untill they added Jedi and messed up the whole balance of the game. I was too young to serious enjoy the game, so now I can only play the messed up version of it, but hopefully KOTOR will be mega sweet.

I played WSG for 8 months. It was pretty fun before they made all the massive changes to cow-tow to the whiney, bitchy, "i wanna be jedi" assholes that eventually ruined the game.

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]