New Computer

Bearstick

Yea, I've been doing that through Spotlight on my Mac for years.

Heh heh... Yeah... a lot of the Vista improvements are things that have already been available on Mac and Linux for years. But we're comparing XP and Vista here! :-P

I will note that it is not all sunshine and lollipops. As I mentioned a loooooong time ago, My gaming framerates took a small but noticable hit when I made the jump to Vista. I was expecting that though. Most people are Vista haters because that's all they hear about. There aren't many people actually out there saying good things about Vista.

Anyone have a laptop? Try the wireless configuration from Vista... MUCH better than XP.

Also, if anyone is a Windows admin like me... When you use Server 2008 and Vista on the client side it is pretty hot. OMG Group Policy: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazin...echNet.10).aspx

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have a laptop? Try the wireless configuration from Vista... MUCH better than XP.

I actually find it to be a complete and utter pain in the ass, especially when I am traveling and using a wireless broadband card.

vista looks better than XP, but it runs slower, atleast in games. as much as 20% slower! that being said i removed vista from my lappy and threw xp on it, never looked back...

We're making the big switch from Novell NDS to MS AD here as the primary directory service this summer. Just deployed 12 new windows 2008 domain controllers one at each school site. This Saturday I'm going in for a few hours to swap a 2008 box for the current 2003, primary domain controller. /crosses fingers XD

We're making the big switch from Novell NDS to MS AD here as the primary directory service this summer. Just deployed 12 new windows 2008 domain controllers one at each school site. This Saturday I'm going in for a few hours to swap a 2008 box for the current 2003, primary domain controller. /crosses fingers XD

Awesome! 2008 server has some wicked rad features! I'm particularly interested in installing it with the Server Core option. Once they release .Net Framework for Core I want to see if we can squeeze some additional speed out of our Windows servers here!

I wish you guys were my IT department =(

Get someone fired and hire me.

let's just go back to DOS and forget this fancy GUI stuff. I want to wrestle with my operating system. I want my UI unresponsive, abstruse and completely unintuitive! If I make a mistake I want only three options Abort, Retry or Fail. No....please fix this for me computer, It's either A. Type the same thing again and get the same answer...stop doing it...or just FAIL...which is DOS's way of saying turn off your computer and go to bed...you're done.

DOS was sweet. You put in your 5-1/4" floppy (or tape, lol), loaded your app, and never ever saw a blue screen of death or equiv.

If something went wrong, you knew with absolute certainty that the culprit was user error. Now while naturally you still suspect the noobler did something stupid, you simply can't prove it. Unless you turn their scanner keyboard over and tomato juice pours out.

True story. :pinch:

I miss configuring jumpers.

Not really.

• 2 weeks later...

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]