Guitar Hero hack takes cheating to ridiculous new levels

Erlin

I don't know why he posted himself haxing that song...its not nearly the hardest one in the game to do. :sigh:

Well, it's not so much the song as it is the fact that it's 'reading' the incoming and notes and attempting to play them (though if you noticed still quite a few bugs). Previous attempts at this involved programming the songs in beforehand. This guy is on the verge of having one that plays whatever song he feels like.

Hmm.

I hope he wasn't doing that for score, hopefully it was just for fun with hacking. I would've been destroying his score :-\

Thats pretty cool. He created an interface that allows his computer to play guitar hero in the same manner we play it. We see the colors and attempt to press them at the right time. He's teaching (programming) the computer how to see and read the colors\notes\chords and then how to calculate when to 'press' the button.

Depending on how he wrote the code for timing and if he can get all the bugs worked out, it could basically play any song or series of chords flawlessly at any rate of speed without knowing the series of buttons any sooner than we would playing the game ourselves.

The biggest feat of this is creating the interface for the PC to talk to the Wiimote\guitar and then programming the intelligence for it to play. And its not really hacking the system, he's still playing by the rules without having a preset 'playlist'. Its kinda like Valros's old healing scripts, he just has a computer do all the hard work. :)

Lol that would be the only way for me to play that game at an acceptable level.

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]