Adobe Illustrator

Radiantance

Hey guys and or others,

My company is looking into buying Adobe Illustrator. its 599.99$. Has anyone here used it before? and can give me some feed back on this program. We are going to be using it mainly for a presentation infront of a like a green screen or podcasting. just looking for some feed back if this is a good buy or if there is something else that would fit in better.

Just got this information about 15 mins ago and this is looking like a option for my presentations in the future.

Thank you,

Radi

Illustrator is great, I've used it for vector graphics (which are amazing because they scale with no loss in quality.) I haven't used it for video like you are talking about, but like with any Adobe product if you learn how to use it, it won't let you down.

When you say you're going to be using it for a presentation, I'm not sure I follow.

Illustrator is pretty much a vector art program. If you're looking to do something with motion picture or video (taking out green screen, etc) then you might be beter suited to another set of adobe products. Namely Premier, After Effects, and Soundbooth.

I suppose you could (maybe?) use Illustrator to do some of the overlays, but I don't think it has the capacity to handle motion picture or video.

I could be wrong. And if I am, I have no DOUBT that someone will correct me . . . but yeah.

BTW: this is the kind of stuff you can make in illustrator.

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/1801/lenticularcardlayersei3.jpg

I was skeptical about the video part as well, but when I started illustrator CS3, the "welcome" window looked to have some video options... like I said I've never touched that part. Premier is their video editing software much like Sony Vegas, if you are doing editing for video check those two out.

It sounds like Adobe After Effects is what you need. Premier would probably also be useful for anything video. After Effects is like $1k, and Premier is around $800 I think, but CS3: Production Premium comes with both and a lot of other programs (I think Soundbooth, PS, Flash, and Illustrator) for $1700. Bang for buck there buddy.

i did look into both. i talked to a computer techy guy today and he told me yesterday Adobe ILL. would be good. when i looked at it, it seemed so lol well not something i would use it for. I am an insurance broker and my boss told me he talked to a guy about this and he gave us illustrator. but maybe editor would be better. im not sure. my boss is my uncle and i love him but he is worse than me when it comes to computers. so anyways thanks guys, i think im gonna try and stick to my beatiful powerpoint. i really don't see why my boss/uncle said this would help us.

What kind of brokerage uses a greenscreen and podcasts? o_O

I'm working in the wrong insurance market. We don't get to do cool shit like that. :-(

Edited by Hykos

If you can send me some specifics in what you're doing with the software, I might be able to make a recommendation. Power Point is great for presentations. Illustrator is great for making backgrounds and charts and graphs for those presentations. I looked into it, and the reason that Illustrator has the video formating menu, it seems, is so that you can make elements for DVD menus, title cards, etc.

It sounds like, for you, Illustrator could really serve as a fancy clip art generator. I'm not sure how much farther than that you'd want to take it.

my boss just told me the completly wrong information. He told me he wanted to make a presentation using. and he told me using adobe illustrator, i was like ur a fucking idiot, just use powerpoint. well he wants to make a video style of thing now, into a dvd so that he can send it out to people in tenn. and washington. so ya. it has completly turned a 180 on me. so he is using www.whateverdigital.com to start with that whole proccess.

thanks guys for all the help. told my uncle all the info and then he decided to tell me the correct information, GOD I HATE BOSSES that are family! and this guy is mentoring me too. i am doomed.

thanks Gynis maybe i can catch you in game and we can talk abit on vent. /wink

thanks guys was a help with getting the correct infromation.

radi.

my boss just told me the completly wrong information. He told me he wanted to make a presentation using. and he told me using adobe illustrator, i was like ur a fucking idiot, just use powerpoint. well he wants to make a video style of thing now, into a dvd so that he can send it out to people in tenn. and washington. so ya. it has completly turned a 180 on me. so he is using www.whateverdigital.com to start with that whole proccess.

thanks guys for all the help. told my uncle all the info and then he decided to tell me the correct information, GOD I HATE BOSSES that are family! and this guy is mentoring me too. i am doomed.

thanks Gynis maybe i can catch you in game and we can talk abit on vent. /wink

thanks guys was a help with getting the correct infromation.

radi.

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]