Why there are so few warlocks on PVP

Yorrin

It's an amusing video at the least even if you dont aggree

I warn you it's like 30 min long and at a decently high rez (i think it's at 1028 by w/e the ****)

http://files.filefront.com/World_of_Roguec...;/fileinfo.html

It's like all my arguments about Meebles against rogues Rolled up into an entertaining video with music!

And for you rogues

THe guy playing the rogue in this video is AMAZING

LEARN FROM HIM!

I can't beleive some of the crap he does

In conclusion

Nerf WoTF

and hold on to our Locks tight! they're a rare breed of masocists

I had fun watching it but, still, it's 15 minutes of whining about itemization for cloth classes that I didn't really understand so much, followed by what everybody has heard about : naked rogue with level 1 daggers winning fights

That video had a huge success because it fuels one of the primary intellectual activity of WoW forums trolls : "my class requires mad skillz while yours is overpowered and can be played by any noob"

Just so you know how is works, the primary rogue finisher move (Eviscerate) deals FIXED damage. Since I trained Evisc. Level 8 somewhere in March I've been doing the very same dmg, regardless of all the gear I've obtained.

Same for Rupture (our DoT)

So, in an ideal world, a fight could go like that :

Cheap Shot

Sinister strike (almost no damage with a lvl 1 dagger but one combo point)

Sinister strike

Cold blood evis : around 1700 damage

Blind

Restealth

Preparation (you can't do all this stuff without Preparation)

Repeat for another 1700 damage

Vanish

Repeat and hope for a crit. Evisc for another peak damage

In order for this combo to work you need to have a pretty cooperative opponent because there are "holes" in it where he could react and screw you but since he only shows his victories, it's impossible to know how many times he got his ass handed to him.

I used to be have the Preparation Talent and it's perfectly true that every 10 minutes, a Prep rogue can virtually kill anything unless a key action fails (the Blind for instance) but even then you can probably escape.

Once it's done you can well go hide in a cave because all the key timers are gone, you'll be helpless for 5 minutes and will recover the full stuff after 10 minutes where you can then gank another guy.

If I record only the fights, keep only the wins and edit them one ofter another you'll get the impression that I'm Godzilla rampaging Tokio.

I agree that most videos are just uber editting. And that FG is indeed Godzilla.

Wow that sucks, FG. I'd hate to have a skill that deals only fixed damage. Imagine a whole spellbook full of them :wink:

you'll get the impression that I'm Godzilla rampaging Tokio.

I've seen you fight FG, and trust me...from a Lock's standpoint...you ARE Godzilla rampaging Tokyo....

no question about it...that night in Grom'Gol struck fear into my eyes...and I kept thinking...

Get a hold of yourself...hes on your side....hes on your side...hes on your side...

tongue.gif

Wow that sucks, FG.  I'd hate to have a skill that deals only fixed damage.  Imagine a whole spellbook full of them  :wink:

and it takes 3.5 seconds of standing still to cast a fixed damage spell that deals *almost* as much as eviscerate if it crits... not to mention most mages lack "Cold Blood" :-P

kite ftw?

I've played both a mage and a rogue...both have their strengths and weaknesses. Both are fun, and in the right hands can own certain classes completely. In a mage vs Rogue fight that's equal gear/talent, I put my money on the mage. Vs any caster but mage, I put my money on the rogue. The melee classes it's hard to tell. I have a much easier time vs shamans on my rogue than on my mage. Warriors I'm better off with my mage most of the time. Pallies are just...well, let's not talk about pallies.

Heh Heh, As a warrior, the only classes I can seem to kill (in order of ease) are

Rogues

Warlocks

Warriors

Pallies/Shaman

Mortal strike wtfpwns paladins. Their heals are already weak, and that just seals it for them, unless they pop their shield, then you can use the opportunity to bandage and whatnot, maybe exit combat and charge them when it drops, etc.

Gryph, you cant get hunters? thats kinda surprising. Its usually a charge, hamstring, fear pet, pop beserker stance, wtfpwn.

rogues, well all youve got to do is get a dot on them, and youre in good shape already. warriors are tricky just becuase of the viability of each spec. and well, warlocks are like candy for the most part, though i have fought very few.

I agree with Gryph Casters seem to be what gives me trouble because i Lack MS. So no insane 2H MS Crits.

And a sheild and Armour doesn't do much against spells. Where as rogues i kill on pure damage mitigation. they just don't deal damage.

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]