Hogfather

dragonlgnd

For those of you who read Hogfather ( Terry Prachett) , there was a TV movie in England, and it's coming out on DvD in March? I think. I plan on getting this and checking it out, it looks awesome so far.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0765458/

http://www.skyone.co.uk/hogfather/ ( this is a better website to look at, good pictures and lots of info)

If you haven't read the book, go get it and read it, it's well written and funny as hell.

A few of us watched this around Christmas time when it was on tv. It's actually a pretty good movie. I loved the book...My first Pratchett.

Man I feel totally out of the loop, if Igor and Mike watched it I'll have to chew them out for not telling me about this sooner, I havent seen it but I want to really really badly.

I saw it, got the video tape, dvd and book on tape. I also saw the theater and symphonic versions. I have 2 t-shirts and 4 pair of pants from the original play version which premiered and was free to go if you're name started with a J and ended with Ustin. Also a personal plane ticket to meet Pratchett and have a some tea and discuss his new book and become a character in the novel.

In either case...I figured you didn't care so I never told you

Actually, we caught the mid-point through the end on Christmas Eve by a fluke. Eni and I were staring at the TV going "Is this really Hogfather?!"

At any rate, it reminded me why I loved that book so much. It's been ages since I've read it, and I should probably read it again.

Death: HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO *BE* HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE.

Susan: With tooth fairies? Hogfathers?

Death: YES. AS PRACTICE, YOU HAVE TO START OUT LEARNING TO BELIEVE THE LITTLE LIES.

Susan: So we can believe the big ones?

Death: YES. JUSTICE, MERCY, DUTY. THAT SORT OF THING.

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]