FP Caucus

Noreaster

I was under the general impression that her (lack of) actions in the senate were why the people that hated her did so...

Most of the Dems in the senate have pretty much failed to achieve what they promised the people they would, and in many people's views, they don't even appear to be *trying* to achieve.

I'm not voicing a personal opinion here so much as what I have heard lots of lib/dems say (I live in SF...It's hard NOT to hear allot of those opinions).

Personally? I have no confidence in any of the candidates. Sarcasm aside, I just think it's impossible for anyone to avoid the taint of politics and really make a difference.

Edited by Feanore

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My reply would have been the same no matter which contestant came out ahead. I only trust one person to make my decisions for me, which is why I write out my name on the ballot each and every election.

Kla, basically what Kev said. She's a vile woman in my opinion. Not to mention all the scandals her and her husband were involved in during his presidency. There's no way those people should ever be allowed back in the white house. Not after the 8 years we already had to put up with once.

PS Klakla, I don't think "everyone" hates her. She is doing quite well. I think just in the south where you live people can seem very hostile to her, but overall I wouldn't say people do.

Not everyone, but close to half the country. If you look at polls that show who people would want in office the least she always comes in first above every other candidate by a huge margin. She's probably the most polarizing figure in american politics, well, second to Bush I guess.

Edited by Hykos

is this thread gonna go the same route of the music thread?

But to you Kev, I think (and you already know this) that you're all wrong in that. Just because she isn't planning on making cookies in the white house for everyone means she is a mean person. I know I dont want a sweet ol' lady as president. Take any speech that she gives or any statement where you think she's being bitchy and make it a man saying it and it is fine.

I think you make a great point there. Of course, theres a lot more involved in politics than kissing babies and promising soda machines in the cafeteria. I think especially running as a woman she has to defend herself and show others that she means business, and plans to do so if she wins the presidency. Therefore that assertive attitude can translate to some people as "bitchiness".

It just seems like whenever I hear something about her from young adults, its negative; not so much negativity from adults.

I think especially running as a woman she has to defend herself and show others that she means business, and plans to do so if she wins the presidency. Therefore that assertive attitude can translate to some people as "bitchiness".

That might be true if it were a recent thing, but she wasn't running for any office in the 90's and that's how far back that opinion goes. People have thought that about her for a long time. Also I don't recall Elizabeth Dole being thought of as bitchy when she was running for president 8 years ago.

Edited by Hykos

Really? Nearly every adult I talk to politics about hates her with a passion. Granted, I don't talk to a ton of dems, but the ones that I do don't like her either.

I think a lot of it comes down to her husband, and of course the Whitewater scandal. I don't see her having the integrity to turn this country around.

Really? Nearly every adult I talk to politics about hates her with a passion. Granted, I don't talk to a ton of dems, but the ones that I do don't like her either.

Well nearly every adult I talk to too, but I assume there's some out there that think different. Plus polls only give her a dislike around 50%. I just haven't run accross many of those other 50%.

and of course the Whitewater scandal.

and travelgate, and jennifer flowers, and rose law firm records, lincoln bedroom, etc. scandals...

That might be true if it were a recent thing, but she wasn't running for any office in the 90's and that's how far back that opinion goes. People have thought that about her for a long time. Also I don't recall Elizabeth Dole being thought of as bitchy when she was running for president 8 years ago.

I'd like to see the poll results you mentioned before, BW. And as for the opinion of hating her... thats fine and all, but what makes you hate her?? That is the question I am asking. What has she said that causes you to form that opinion? Or are you just taking it from what other people have said? I can understand all the scandals, but if we're just talking about political positions, what don't you like?

edit: i messed up my italics formatting. haha oops

Edited by Klaudia

vote for bridget

she gives tongue kisses!

Id vote for bridget! The only dog i like.

I can understand all the scandals, but if we're just talking about political positions, what don't you like?

I'd say being a crappy/immoral human being supersedes any political positions. At least for me.

If you want to check out her stances / voting record, read OnTheIssues.

What I don't like:

- pro affirmative action

- opposes death penalty

- gun control

- voted to give illegal aliens social security

- anti school vouchers

What I do like:

- supports alternative energy

- steam cell research

- anti mandatory minimum sentences

So what it boils down to, for me, is that I have the opportunity to vote for somebody with similar views, more experience, and less skeletons in the closet. So why would I want to vote for Hillary? As far as hating her; I'm not sure how many educated people actually hate her. That's a pretty strong sentiment. But I think the reasons for a strong dislike are evident.

Sadly, there are a lot of uneducated people out there. People that still think that the Bush administration was conservative. People that would vote for Bush again if they had a chance just to spite the democrats. I think that for those people, Hillary really embodies their idea of a quintessential democrat. And they hate that.

I'd say being a crappy/immoral human being supersedes any political positions. At least for me.

If you want to check out her stances / voting record, read OnTheIssues.

What I don't like:

- pro affirmative action

- opposes death penalty

- gun control

- voted to give illegal aliens social security

- anti school vouchers

What I do like:

- supports alternative energy

- steam cell research

- anti mandatory minimum sentences

So what it boils down to, for me, is that I have the opportunity to vote for somebody with similar views, more experience, and less skeletons in the closet. So why would I want to vote for Hillary? As far as hating her; I'm not sure how many educated people actually hate her. That's a pretty strong sentiment. But I think the reasons for a strong dislike are evident.

Sadly, there are a lot of uneducated people out there. People that still think that the Bush administration was conservative. People that would vote for Bush again if they had a chance just to spite the democrats. I think that for those people, Hillary really embodies their idea of a quintessential democrat. And they hate that.

Yay! Thank you HV for a response that I was looking for. For the record I'm not 100 percent supportive of her but I think shes alright; I just wanted to know why people hated her so much. Also for the record I got a decent response out of BW after a good bout of assault.

I do reference On the Issues rather often and I think its a very good resource. I think its important to figure out your own stances on issues and from there which candidate you match up with. Personally, environmental protection, energy, and civil rights are most important to me, followed by education, gun control, and drugs.

I agree with you that it is probably safe to assume there are voters who vote solely for the sake of NOT voting for someone, as in, voting for Romney just so you are not supporting Huckabee [which isn't a bad idea]. There are people whose parents, neighbors, and friends are Republicans so they are too and all those people hate Democrats, so like you said, they vote Republican just so they aren't voting Democrat.

In any case........ I'm voting Green Party!!!! =D

Thanks for that HV.

I'm not a conservative, but most of the conservatives I have known have stated that Bush utterly failed to represent their views.

Here are my opinions on the issues after a quick rant. Doesn't this look epic? I expect several "Too long didn't read," comments.

--------------

I'm confused, why do people call others uneducated if they don't agree with you? I've seen several Republicans and Democrats use the phrase, it's rubbish.

Does education level mean anything with whom you decide to vote for? No, you guys are referring to being educated about the issues. Many voters are actually educated about the issues. People care about different issues more strongly. If one party is more in line with your beliefs and worries then chances are you'll stick to that party. I trust that everyone is intelligent if they choose to use that intelligence to vote for the other guy that is great! at least they voted.

I disagree strongly with most of the Democrats platform. The issues that I worry the most about are Health Care, Taxes, Government Spending and Abortion rights. My views aren't that of the Republicans or of the Democrats but my views align more closely with Republicans so I am forced to vote for the better of the two choices. If I had my way we'd have a Libertarian representative in office, less government and more personal responsibility ftw.

Here is a list of the issues from ontheissues.org and my personal thoughts:

Abortion - I am pro-choice . . . Wear a condom! Take some personal responsibility before you get pregnant. Everyone can get birth control regardless of their income. I'd rather see people taking responsibility for their own mistakes rather than getting an abortion after they were irresponsible. In cases of rape or the life and welfare of the mother . . . this is where I am truly pro-choice (you didn't have a choice beforehand so you get a choice after).

Budget & Economy - The government needs money for only a few things. Protection (weapons), public service maintenance (roads, police, jails, infrastructure organizations, etc.) Administrative costs.

Civil Rights - This is the place where more gay people think I should care a lot, but I'm happy with my lot in life. I know most states won't let me get married. There are rules and laws elsewhere that I use to compensate for that. This makes me a more educated and prepared individual. I will have a Living Will, and a trust fund leaving stuff to my chosen partner. I will have legal rights given to them in case of injury. My family will know not to mess with any of my choices. I will be able to have all the same responsibilities but at a greater cost. This will help the relationship last because more is at stake. A marriage license gives me all of these other things at a smaller cost but that is okay, I can live without it. Who wants to be married? 50% of married people get divorced. If I don't get married I can't get divorced. Much cleaner breakups IMHO. "All men are created equal," just because others people don't agree doesn't diminish the truth in the statement. I don't need validation from the government, I only need a tolerance and loop hole in the laws.

Corporations - "No you are too big, time to split up into smaller companies. There you go now go have some fun with competition I need something better than the Iphone next year." Here again local governments can handle everything until appealed to higher courts.

Crime - Not much to argue with here. This is a problem that can be solved by dealing with other social issues.

Death Penalty - I added this topic. On average, it costs more than 2 million dollars to kill someone. It is far far cheaper to keep them imprisoned for the rest of their lives. From an economical standpoint we can spend government money better by simply imprisoning people instead of killing them. If you get enough violent people in jail the people will die younger anyway, right?

Drugs - The best control is legalizing drugs then the government can control the production, transportation and sales of everything like they do in many states with alcohol.

Education - I'd like to see more education privatized. The cost of government administration is too high. School districts don't need more than 6 administrative staff in most cases. We can invest less Administrative money into education and see better results. (Its been a long time belief of Democrats to toss more money at things and hope they go away. Toss people that invest their own time and money in something like a private business and you'll see the improvement).

Energy & Oil - Stop with the green energy, well not all at once now. Most "green" energy is fiscally economical because it is already subsidized by the government, without that all you see is windmills dotting mountainsides with very little energy production and no profit to be had. Windmills cause an unreasonable amount of forest clearcutting. Trees are a wind suppressant and when you build a windmill the forest next door needs to go. Oops, this new wind energy is now taking up thousands upon thousands of acres for less reliability and less power output.

When the sun doesn't shine solar power needs more coal plants to back it up. We need more nuclear energy for the electrical grid and the rest can supplement that. Too bad the environmentalists messed up there, not to mention an accident at 5 mile island. Technology for nuclear power is very advanced now, the safety on a modern nuclear power plant rivals the safety locks on Susy's Chastity belt.

We can run anything at lower capacity during windy, overcast days. That is a great supplement to peak hours during the day. With nuclear power we can worry less about carbon emissions, land consumption (our most limited resource on earth, land) and oil dependancy.

Wind and Solar plants often need to be built in remote areas which makes transmitting the power a nightmare. This takes up more land and we may lose energy along the way due to various issues with the electrical grid.

For Oil concerns please research the effects of supply and demand. The tree hugging hippies are helping us there, with the lack of oil refineries being built over the last couple decades we have seen higher demands without an increase in supplies. We are being forced to follow the "green" initiatives throughout the country in order to compensate for the lack of supplies and increase in prices. Too bad the "war for oil" never panned out. I was promised cheaper gas you Dems, where is it?

Environment - We make a difference and we should reduce, reuse, and recycle. I'm looking for a candidate that will not focus on this issue as much as the media is today. We have larger fish to fry! The larger corporations have been regulated and continue to be. I think we have gone far enough on this front to be comfortable and tackle other issues.

Families & Children - I have lots of good, cheap ideas here. Personal responsibility is a good place to start and with that comes a flat tax, no more tax breaks for people who decide to have kids.

Foreign Policy - Protect our Country. Follow the Geneva convention, help our allies. Make good friends.

Free Trade - Protect our country from the evil Chinese lead based paint on toys and I think we are good there. Less taxes are always a nice incentive to have babies. Perhaps they are helping other countries make babies with the USA (the visual is funnier in my head).

Government Reform - Less is more! Stop making programs for programs for programs. That's irresponsible spending. Consolidate like any other company would. Layoffs and discipline for bad spending behavior is part of every company the government should hold itself to the same standards. Have we thought of outsourcing more of our government jobs to private companies? To stop scandals all we have to do is stop politicians from doing anything with the contracted companies. Separating them should be simple enough

Gun Control - Yes control guns, know who has them, who buys them and who can use them. Take the rest away, if you aren't getting a gun legally you aren't getting it for the right reasons.

Health Care - Better health care plans start in the work place. We live in a society that spends money competitively. We shop for cheaper prices in everything we do but not for health care. We have an insurance based system where you, the consumer, put money into a fund and then IF something happens to you (something will happen to you) then you petition with forms to that fund to withdraw money to pay the doctors.

This is ludicrous, I can invest all those insurance premiums and have a nice fat nest egg of medical coverage when I finally need it at age 60. On top of that I can still invest in an insurance program and a significantly lower rate to cover the major medical problems I might run across. Fewer people will use that insurance so I will be covered hoping I'll never need to use it. The rest of my health care will come from the money I saved and invested properly for my own health. The real kicker is, I am more worried about my investment in health. Chances are most people will be more conscientious about there health and will lead healthier lives.

Homeland Security - More legalized immigration, the caps for immigration are too low, the requirements are too high. We can document everyone and collect more in taxes if we make more people productive members of our society. Basically we have too many Americans on probation and the CL (called America) promotes them way too late in the game. We need to be better organized to have better security. If we document everyone then we can control the people who are breaking the rules more effectively.

Immigration - This goes with documenting our people in the USA. If we allow more people to come in and better documentation of those people then we can become more secure in our country. When police receive an illegal alien into their system then that person should be deported or reported to the Homeland Security (INS, Immigration and Naturalization Service)

Infrastructure & Technology - This is a place where I've seen the private sector fail. They charge us, the consumer, for progress in the communication infrastructure. We have seen very small strides in increasing bandwidth for information. I am unaware of any way to solve this and I'm interested in hearing of a fresh idea to help out. I know that some community leaders have invested local monies to improve the information infrastructure to offer true 100mbs connections to businesses and residents at substantially cheaper ($10-15/month) rates than most of our 1.5-5mbs (max) connections. All of our electricity and transmission is pretty much privatized and we are seeing more regulation for it (which is a good thing in that industry, less power outages is nice. Remember New York a few years ago? That problem could have been prevented if they were following the rules and regulations of the voluntary regulation programs set up by the electrical industry). Road construction I know little about and from what I see we could probably shop around for better construction times and more effective maintenance.

Jobs - Layoff more government employees. Make them find useful, productive jobs. Create a flat tax so the country can stop wasting 1/3 of its time on paying taxes. We need to create more productive jobs and excise the less productive jobs such as tax cleric.

Principles & Values - Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. Our values are written in the preamble and it is our job to decide if those values are being betrayed. If they are then that candidate is probably not the best choice. Although, that candidate may still be the best choice, sadly.

Social Security - What a joke! I'd rather be forced to invest this money myself, I'll see all of it when I retire and the government will have people being more responsible with their earnings. I am angered that money I pay in gets payed out the instant it goes in. This is a nationwide scam to take my money (not quite hard earned money, but it's still mine). I'll never see Social Security when I retire and nobody else will.

Tax Reform -

1. Flat Tax

2. Flat Tax

3. Flat Tax

4. Flat Tax

5. Flat Tax

6. Flat Tax

etc.

etc.

War & Peace - War is needed. The world is not mature enough to end it so we must continue to fight until the time is here to end war. I am for peace but it is unrealistic to think that we are done with fighting.

Welfare & Poverty - Support the poor to help them become self sufficient. The welfare system takes away responsibility from the people. This is the peoples problem and the government cannot fix it. If the government has no programs then the people take that responsibility back. Our society needs to lift up our impoverished people and get them to be productive members again. We need to feed the hungry, clothe the naked, mend the sick. One thing I admire about Jesus was his immense charity toward the poor. This is one place the government needs to fail or our society will never care about the poor bums down at the local park, the government is taking our money to help them.

I think you misunderstand my use of the word "uneducated" Kevin. Nowhere did I insinuate somebody of a particular political ideal is uneducated. Thinking the current administration is conservative is a fallacy. I don't see any way to argue against that. And then there are the party name voters. Voting for a candidate simply because of a party affiliation is ridiculous, and I think my statement stands. I'll read the rest later... <3

Anything can be argued =D. Republicans are still conservative on many issues, although, the Republicans in office have fallen away from the traditional conservative model.

Party voters vote straight ticket because, generally, the party has the same ideals and that voter has to do less research on the candidates. Some communities are able to keep party ideals separate and consistently opposite; it can be very effective to vote straight ticket with that scenario. Some places the lines aren't so partisan and you need to weigh your options. Utah was a blurry place to live. Georgia is pretty clean cut from what I've seen. I should be able to go to the polls vote straight ticket and know what I'm going to get.

I went to the bookstore today and I saw Ann Coulter's book calling the Dems uneducated because of their views. I've also heard some friends use the term when discussing politics with me in reference to Republicans being uneducated compared to Democrats. I've seen "uneducated" used a lot recently; it confuses and upsets me. If the opposition is so uneducated then there is no argument, right?

Edited by loofa

Per the Hillary conversation: BW is right (i think it was he), she is the most polarizing figure out there right now of the candidates. And I would wager that it's not her policies that cast her as such, so much as her last name. Face it, if a clone of Hillary was in the running except her last name was Smith, the resulting furor would be nothing.

I will say that there are plenty of reasons to dislike Hillary of her own accord. The scandals she was involved in during Clinton's presidency; (to some) her touting of state run health care; her noteriety of being a biatch when the camera isn't turned on, her carpetbagging to New York. But I would say that her name does it the most, just because of how much conservatives appeared to despise Bill.

If Jeb Bush was running for president, we'd find the same thing. Regardless of his stances, his positives and negatives, the left would despise him outright, a good many without any real knowledge of his stances on issues.

The reason I'm generally supportive of Obama is that the government is getting jack done right now, and I see him as a uniting figure that will also be liberal about civil liberties. I doubt any candidate will be able to be fiscally conservative because it's the Congress who spends the money.

OMG and congress spends it so poorly. I died watching them pass the bill in mid December in less than 16 hours with over 3 thousand pages and 9000 earmarks. It was shocking! I was surprised more that the only stipulation the president put on it for signing was to say that if they tacked on 40 billion for the war he'd be happy to sign it. They all want their own agenda on the funding bills no matter how much it costs. It's sad =(

It was really sad that for "emergency" funding they had peoples salaries for job positions that are already filled, that is not unplanned emergency pay that is planned money! Toss on some more pork next time? no thanks.

Edited by loofa

I feel like I read somewhere that earmarks were reduced by 25%, even though they are still exceedinly high. No citation, though, my apologies.

I will say this: I think it's a travesty of the conservative movement that under their past three Presidents, we have accumulated some 7 trillion dollars in debt. And that the last time the budget was balanced was under a liberal Presidency.

Here are my opinions on the issues after a quick rant. Doesn't this look epic? I expect several "Too long didn't read," comments.

It's 2am, I'm exceptionally bored and pretty tired, so I think I'll do the same.

Abortion - I believe that abortion itself is a symptom of greater problems, not a problem of its own creation. I personally would never advocate for the termination of a pregnancy to any friends or family. While it hasn't happened yet, I may have to advocate it for a client of mine in the future, which I won't have a problem doing. I believe that the best way to reduce abortions is not to outlaw it, but to rather work on underlying factors of poverty and sexual education. Abstinence only education is a failure, plain and simple.

Budget & Economy - Balance the budget, reduce our debt. I personally think the most efficient way of doing this would be to reduce our military-industrial budget first off, and of course there are hundreds of other cuts that could be made. And I'm more apt to believe that a liberal policy of "tax and spend" is more appropriate than the conservative "spend and spend" policy.

Civil Rights - I believe in gay marraige, habeas corpus, protection against unwarranted search (wiretapping), the dissolution of "free speech zones", and all that jazz.

Corporations - I just read somewhere that corporations don't pay taxes, which is pretty appropriate. Any tax increases to corporations will fall on the consumer as higher prices. So competition, competition, competition. And lots of oversight to prevent collusion and monopolies.

Crime - Crime is bad. But again, crime is a symptom of other problems, most often.

Death Penalty - State sanctioned murder is till murder; abolish the death penalty.

Drugs - Legalization of marijuana would be a gigantic leap in the right direction. I do support the continued criminalization of 'hardcore' drugs, though.

Education - I'm not sure on this one, to be honest. I don't think that privitization is the way to go, because it will be the poor that suffer from that the most - the ones that need education the most.

Energy & Oil - I find it odd that every house built nowadays isn't required to have some geothermal heating and cooling and solar panels on the roof. The nation will never move towards green energy as long as the average consumer doesn't reduce use of gasoline despite high prices. And the more I think about it and read about it, the happier I am with nuclear power. There, I said it. Where do I turn in my hippie card?

Environment - Ya know, if I see a clinic because of a fever and aches and pains, and 9 out of 10 doctors say "it's because you're eating paint chips," I'm not going to continue eating paint chips just in case they are wrong. I think America needs major action in it's consumerism, pronto.

Families & Children - Hell, I say we start penalizing people for having more than 2 kids. The world needs less bodies, not more.

Foreign Policy - Al Qaeda didn't attack America because our women wear bikinis and freedom of worship; they attacked because we have troops in Saudi Arabia, our unwavering support of Israel, and generally meddling in Middle Eastern affairs (such as, say, the Iraq War). Our foreign military operations should be much more invested in humanitarian affairs (the Sudan, Rwanda, etc.) then geopolitical and religious disputes.

Free Trade - The "invisible hand of the free market" will sometimes give a big ole middle finger. We have a right to protect ourselves with tariffs and the like just as any other nation does. Maybe some protectionism against cheap slave labor goods will make consumers more fiscally and environmentally responsible, while keeping manufacturing jobs local to the US.

Government Reform - Ya know, I really think the first step should be voting reform. Democrats and Republicans have no need to reform themselves as it stands, so they won't. But then, they have no incentive to reform voting, so they probably won't. I think we're going to have to wait for some calamitous recession for real reform.

Gun Control - Guns don't kill people, people kill people. And if a person wants to kill someone, they can get a gun one way or the other. The rampant violence in America is no due to gun control or lack thereof, it's due to our culture.

Health Care - I don't trust the government to run health care, nor do I particularly trust a competitive insurance market to provide for everyone. But, and maybe it's because of the people I work with, I think that health care should be a right, not a privilege. America has the best health care in the world, if you can afford it. You hear about kings and prime ministers and whatever from abroad that come here for heart surgery, not so much the underclass of those countries from whence they came. I'm still waiting to hear a good suggestion from someone smarter than me on the subject.

Homeland Security - What has the DHS accomplished?

Immigration - Go after the people and companies that hire illegal immigrants, and the demand will go down, hence the supply. Another alternative is a unified North American Currency, so I've heard.

Infrastructure & Technology - Bio-research, bitches, it works. Let's get some dang embryos and start cracking.

Jobs - We need to retain manufacturing jobs before we turn into a 100% service industry.

Principles & Values - The more encompassing, the better. Keep your marraige sanctified up the wazoo, but honor everyone's idea of marraige between consenting adults. A culture of life doesn't murder adults. The idea of "family" has been through a lot of transition, the nuclear family was not the be all end all of it. Principals and values should evolve with society, not weigh it down.

Social Security - Eradicate the arbitrary cut off of (i think) 102,000 for SSI taxes. Problem solved.

Tax Reform - Budget reform has to happen before Tax reform.

War & Peace - Peace, man! Listen to the country about the direction of your war. When 70%ish of the country no longer supports it, they might be trying to tell you something.

Welfare & Poverty - There are a lot of people that cannot handle the responsibility of being productive, and it may suck, but we have to support them. Education will be the bane of poverty (not that it will ever really be banished).

Kevan response

Kevan, I think I agree with like 98% of that post. /soulmate xD

Health Care

[...]This is ludicrous, I can invest all those insurance premiums and have a nice fat nest egg of medical coverage when I finally need it at age 60.

I've always found it ridiculous that age and personal responsibility have no affect on health care costs when they do for other forms of insurance. Younger people pay more for car insurance because they are a higher risk, bad drivers with tickets pay more because they are a higher risk, old people pay more for life insurance because they are a higher risk, people who live on an earthquake fault pay more for property insurance because they are a higher risk, but when it comes to health care someone who is a chain smoker, 50 years old, and lives off of big macs, frosties, and fried chicken will pay the exact same premiums I pay?!?!?! wtf kind of sense does that make? Our system is without a doubt messed up, replacing a flawed system with another flawed system (government run) is no solution.

Infrastructure & Technology[/b] - This is a place where I've seen the private sector fail. They charge us, the consumer, for progress in the communication infrastructure. We have seen very small strides in increasing bandwidth for information. I am unaware of any way to solve this and I'm interested in hearing of a fresh idea to help out. I know that some community leaders have invested local monies to improve the information infrastructure to offer true 100mbs connections to businesses and residents at substantially cheaper ($10-15/month) rates than most of our 1.5-5mbs (max) connections. All of our electricity and transmission is pretty much privatized and we are seeing more regulation for it (which is a good thing in that industry, less power outages is nice. Remember New York a few years ago? That problem could have been prevented if they were following the rules and regulations of the voluntary regulation programs set up by the electrical industry). Road construction I know little about and from what I see we could probably shop around for better construction times and more effective maintenance.
There are three problems that prevent us from having a better communication infrustructure. 1) telecom monopolies 2) we have a very old infrastructure and replacing/expanding/maintaining it is more expensive than to build a new one from scratch like a lot of asian countries that now have 100GB internet connections 3) our country is !@#$ing huge and the population density is very low throughout most of it so replacing an infustruction, be it internet backbones satalite cellphone towers or whatever, takes a long time and is very expensive compared to small countries with dense populations like Japan or Hong Kong or most EU countries

Social Security[/b] - [...]. I'll never see Social Security when I retire and nobody else will.
This seems to be the general consensus among people under 30. Thank god my 401k will make me a multi millionaire by 55.

Tax Reform[/b] -

1. Flat Tax

I think in another 4 years or so this will become a bigger issue for candidates. It just requires too much of an effort for people to understand fully so it's all too easy for political parties and lobbiests to brush off as a scheme for the rich to get richer (something Dems love doing) when if anything it will have the oppossite affect. Edited by Hykos

I'm really really tired of hearing people complain about the Clinton scandal. I realize what happened was immoral and wrong, but that doesn't alter the fact that when he was president (and wasn't too busy slamming co-workers) he did a pretty handy dandy job imo. President or not he's still human and we ALL make mistakes. Plain and simple. We all lie, we all do things we shouldn't, and I'm sure everyone's done something that could possibly be considered immoral.

I simply don't agree with Hillary Clinton and thus why I'd rather not see her as president. I don't hate her, but I severly dislike her.

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]