Healy weapon enchants.

dragonlgnd

Ok, just out of curiousity I was wondering why pretty much all healy types go with +healing to weapon, and don't try spellsurge more. I know I use spellsurge, but that's mostly because I don't heal to often, and my +healing is fairly low with or without it, and spellsurge helps me keep going in fights atleast a little longer.

spellsurge honestly isn't worth it unless you're doing arenas, or if you stack 5 people in a group with it.

But would stacking a group with it make it worth it? more then worth it? I mean, if 1 group of healers could keep their mana up with spellsurge, and we could use 1 shadowpriest in another healing group, maybe mana wouldnt be an issue?

I know I use spellsurge, but that's mostly because I don't heal to often, and my +healing is fairly low with or without it

spell surge procs on spell cast so if you're not healing what are you casting to proc it that would make it useful? your pally seals? unless during an encounter you are casting 98% of the time spell surge isnt worth it imo.

Well, I use it on my healing weapon, and I ment this more for healers. But when Im tanking, Im casting 98%, pally seals, judging , consecrates, Holy shields.

Oh, also forgot to mention, i believe Spellsurge has a 30 second hidden cooldown.

Spellsurge is better than 81 healing in alot of ways if you stack a healing group.

If you just toss one here and one there then 81 healing

IMO we havent had a healer group mana issue for quite some time. Maybe pre BC this would have been an issue, but it's even less one with all druids / priests getting 30% regen while casting (up from 15% pre 2.3)

Usually we're fine enough that we give the shadow priest to the caster group since they have no where near the regen healers do. I'd rather have the str8 up healing, times the 81 x5 and while that is a crude way of looking at it, it's a gain of 405 extra healing just from that one group.

Well its a 3% chance to gain 100 mana over 10 seconds. Lets calculate this effect in a chain casting situation.

Its equal to a 1% chance to get 300 mana. So say it procs once every 100 times

2 sec cast time: 300 mana per 200 seconds: 7.5 mp5: 37.5 mp5 for group

1.5 sec cast time: 300 mana per 150 seconds: 10 mp5: 50 mp5 for group.

Again, this would be best case scenario, as if you proc it twice in a row, it probably does not stack and you probably won't be casting 100% of the time, or cancel casts.

Still its quite some mana regen if the whole group can benefit from it.

Some information on if and how the buff stacks would be nice. 4 possibilities:

1) while buff is active, it can not proc again

2) while buff is active and it procs, it will only reset the buff duration back to 10 seconds

3) while buff is active and it procs, it will add 10 seconds to the current bufftime remaining

4) the buff stacks

Also what if multiple partymembers got this enchant? Possibility 3 and 4 would make it 100% as effective as the calculation, while 1 and 2 would reduce it with possiblity 1 being the worst case scenario.

So lets calculate how bad the buff can be in the worst case scenario:

10 second buff, assuming a 2 sec casting time, 4 casts finish while the buff is active (5th would finish after the buff has expired). It procs 3 times every 100 casts, 4 out of 100 casts are wasted while the buff is active. Assume its a 100% chance to regain 3 mana per 10 seconds, 12 times it will be wasted during the 100 casts and 3 procs:

36 mana lost over 100 casts of the 300: 12% effectiveness lost

Reducing it to:

2 sec cast time: 6.6 mp5: 33 mp5 for group

Did not calculate how much it would affect a 1.5 sec cast time.

Still pretty good.

Well its a 3% chance to gain 100 mana over 10 seconds. Lets calculate this effect in a chain casting situation.

Its equal to a 1% chance to get 300 mana. So say it procs once every 100 times

2 sec cast time: 300 mana per 200 seconds: 7.5 mp5: 37.5 mp5 for group

1.5 sec cast time: 300 mana per 150 seconds: 10 mp5: 50 mp5 for group.

Again, this would be best case scenario, as if you proc it twice in a row, it probably does not stack and you probably won't be casting 100% of the time, or cancel casts.

Still its quite some mana regen if the whole group can benefit from it.

Some information on if and how the buff stacks would be nice. 4 possibilities:

1) while buff is active, it can not proc again

2) while buff is active and it procs, it will only reset the buff duration back to 10 seconds

3) while buff is active and it procs, it will add 10 seconds to the current bufftime remaining

4) the buff stacks

Also what if multiple partymembers got this enchant? Possibility 3 and 4 would make it 100% as effective as the calculation, while 1 and 2 would reduce it with possiblity 1 being the worst case scenario.

So lets calculate how bad the buff can be in the worst case scenario:

10 second buff, assuming a 2 sec casting time, 4 casts finish while the buff is active (5th would finish after the buff has expired). It procs 3 times every 100 casts, 4 out of 100 casts are wasted while the buff is active. Assume its a 100% chance to regain 3 mana per 10 seconds, 12 times it will be wasted during the 100 casts and 3 procs:

36 mana lost over 100 casts of the 300: 12% effectiveness lost

Reducing it to:

2 sec cast time: 6.6 mp5: 33 mp5 for group

Did not calculate how much it would affect a 1.5 sec cast time.

Still pretty good.

Not gonna lie... I got confused after the first four sentences. All I know is that somebody said it was good for arena, so I'll probably get it.

It's good for 5s when you run a 2 healer setup that encounters a mirror match where outlasting your opponent is key.

I found this, little more understandable.

he procc is approx 100 mana every 33rd cast ~= 3 mana / cast

Depending on castspeed this will be (assuming you spam that one heal all the time):

1.5 sec cast = 10 mp5

2.0 sec cast = 7.5 mp5

2.5 sec cast = 6 mp5

3.0 sec cast = 5 mp5

Multiply by 5 to show how much your group would gain on it in total.

A priest spamming greater heals (with 5/5 divine fury) without interruption would statisticly provide its party with roughly 30 mp5 all together. 30mp5 > +81 healing for sure even if the individual bonus is a downgrade - 81healing for 6 mp5. This is a raid-enchant. But since it's relying on procc aswell as considering the fact that you hardly ever spamm-cast a whole fight it's prolly less than 30 mp5 unless you're lucky with proccs. Depending on fight I'd say about 15-20 mp5 to your party with a 2.5 sec cast heal.

Some info about several players in the same party using this enchant:

Others proccs will stack with yours but however your procc will stack with itself or not is yet not confirmed.

From what I've read the procc is based on amounts of targets healed, thereby making prayer of healing and circle of healing count as five spells assuming everyone in the party is in range of the heal. Chainheal and tranquility has a higher chance of proccing this buff aswell.

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]