VENT 3.0!

Malkoran

Vent 3.0 is available for download at http://www.ventrilo.com/download.php

Here's some of the changes:

Verison 3.0.0

General:

Added support for automatic scrolling when dragging a user or channel around.

Modified “Is window visible” test so that it doesn’t think the position is invalid if the window coordinates are negative. This is a valid value in multi monitor configurations if the primary screen is to the right of the secondary screen.

Added Error Message List window. Keeps a running log of errors and warning messages that the program is generating. Allows for more detailed explanations as well.

Server Editor: Added new option called “Show login name in remote status requests”. See Server Properties “Require remote status Show login name” option.

Server name is always the first visible item in the list after connecting, if no default channel is defined locally or on your account.

Modified so that the first visible item in the main window doesn’t change when a person joins / leaves the server or if a person joins / leaves a channel above the one you are currently looking at.

A new login account now defaults to PTT mode and the Hotkey defaults to Left Control. Since most people use PTT anyway this made more sense.

Modified comment button to give the user two different fields, a text comment and a URL comment. If a URL comment is entered it causes the clients to display a U: in the braced comment field next to the user’s name. This is very beneficial for those users who feel the need to send URL’s and uncheck the “Send silently” option. Note: The URL comment does not show up in remote status requests nor is it pronounced via TTS.

Comments are auto restored after an automatic reconnect occurs.

An existing comment will be displayed in the comment editor window.

All (X) close window buttons are now properly handled. In the case of the Setup window clicking the (X) is the same thing as clicking the OK button.

Rcon window now uses a little bit of color to make the info easier to read.

User-2-user, cross channel, etc limits have been increased from 4 to a maximum of 16. Voice Targets should be used as a better solution and globally configurable. See below.

Modified all password entry fields to use Bullets instead of Asterisks.

Login names now support every character except those below Space and a few select characters. This will enable European names that use characters above the standard ASCII 127.

Fixed client crash if you start a drag operation and the source item moves from its last known location.

Fixed auto-restore from systray on disconnect not removing the systray icon.

TTS will now attempt to filter out URL’s.

Sound:

Modified sound system to remove 99% of clicks at the start and stop of a voice stream. Carry over from 2.3.2.Beta.3

Modified sound system to be less aggressive when detecting “wave headers coming in too fast”.

Changes made in Setup or any of the SFX windows are applied immediately after pressing the OK button to any current voice streams. No longer need to Check/Uncheck “Mute Sound”.

New and (and some existing) default sound event wave files have been updated and are more pleasing to the ear. Thanks to TJ Powell Publishing (www.tjpowell.com)

Added option in Binds editor to mute all inbound streams to your self while you are transmitting. Affects your local client only. (See Binds below)

Added option in Binds editor to mute anyone else that is transmitting while you are transmitting. Affects other clients who are receiving your voice stream. (See Binds below)

Modified the Speex codec to solve problems with certain people creating some obnoxious noises when they laughed or coughed into the Microphone. Carry over form 2.3.2.Beta.3. NOTE: You should set outbound amplifiers to 0 and use mixer/mux/line.

Added equalizer window for adjusting sound quality when transmitting.

Visual:

Modified most of the windows so that any inner control windows cover the entire width of the outer frame window. There are a few exceptions like the Error List window where text appears above the list so that computer novices are presented with info about how to use the window.

Connected users are sorted in each channel according to their type. Accounts then Guests then Phantoms.

Menu:

Reordered some of the menu items so that they break down according to User or general use with a separator between them. Makes the menus easier to understand.

Modified Popup menu to be more informative about things such as a window already being open or a mute state set by properly applying a check mark to the specific menu item.

Added “Move User To”. Back from the dead. Also modified to display only valid target channels depending on your access rights.

Moved User->Copy Comment to Miscellaneous menu. This way you can copy the comment of a user or a channel. Carry over from 2.3.2.Beta.3

Added View -> Error Message List

Added View -> Voice Targets

Added View -> Commanding Targets.

Added View -> Equalizer – Outbound

Added View -> Rank

Added View -> Bold channel names

Added User -> Private Chat

Added User -> Lodge Complaint About

Added Miscellaneous -> Copy Comment URL

Added Miscellaneous -> GUI Ignore Keys

Added Change State -> Accept Private Chat sessions

Added Integration -> iTunes

Added Integration -> WinAmp

Added Integration -> Windows Media Player

Added Server Admin -> Guest MOTD

Added Server Admin -> Complaint List

Added Server Admin -> Rank List

Added Server Admin -> Kick All Guests

Removed Channel Admin -> Login / Logout. (See UAR)

Modified Channel Admin -> Delete (Confirms that you really want to delete)

Added “Rent a server” to bottom of menu.

I don't think that it will be compatible with servers that haven't upgraded to 3.0, dont quote me though.

It is not.

... this morning I could not log onto CC vent because they had upgraded, so I upgraded and now can log onto CC vent.

However since I upgraded I can now NOT log onto FP vent, since they are using the older version.

....sighhhhh

Does the server client need to be changed to 3.0 before you can use this? Our host installed it this morning, but we have to log on to their site to switch ourselves over.

I know it doesn't work the other way around, like if we upgrade to 3.0, then anyone that isn't running 3.0 on their PC's won't be able to log on.

"Added Integration -> iTunes

Added Integration -> WinAmp

Added Integration -> Windows Media Player"

wtf does that mean?

The update is easy for the FP Vent. I could do it right now, but I am going to defer to Matt and Mike since I don't play much anymore.

"Ventrilo will release the latest version of their client-server voice communication software this Wednesday. Starting at 8:00 AM CST (GMT -06:00) on Wednesday morning, all TypeFrag customers will have the option of updating their server to Version 3.0 by clicking the "Update Server" button on the Server: Configuration page in the control panel. The update process is instant and all of your server's configuration will be saved.

Please keep in mind that after the update is completed, it will not be possible to revert your server to Version 2.3.1 and only Ventrilo Version 3.0 clients will be able to connect to your server. The latest Ventrilo client can be downloaded from the Ventrilo website starting at midnight tonight central standard time."

It is not.

... this morning I could not log onto CC vent because they had upgraded, so I upgraded and now can log onto CC vent.

However since I upgraded I can now NOT log onto FP vent, since they are using the older version.

....sighhhhh

The worst part is that i can't be on the same vent server as my brother >.>

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/cheap_shot/vent.jpg

Don't do it Stang...

It just means that you and loofa and co. can't log into the same vent from home. It's bs

I took care of it Gryph. IP's shouldnt be an issue now. They sorta added an extra step for allowing that. it's lame.

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]