E-mail Scam

Shadrende

In case anyone didnt see it on mmo-champ

New Email scam going

Do not ever ever ever trust emails from people pretending to be Blizzard. This one is pretty new and promises you a WotLK Beta key. Obviously the URL doesn't really work and you will reach a non-official website when clicking it, where your account name and password will be asked. Don't do that.

And seriously, never type your login and password on any website except if you typed the www.worldofwarcraft.com or www.wow-europe.com adress by yourself. Links are evil.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2007/october/scambeta.jpg

http://www.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2007/october/scammail.jpg

Edited by Shadrende

Wow thats a pretty good one! Thx Dude!

Why, really, do people bother. I mean. Blah. It's just a game, go hack some CIA database somewhere or something cooler.

Can they even get credit card info from your account screen? I think it's all XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-1234.

I read some article earlier in the year that said a WoW account had surpassed a credit card number in average value since a lot of cards have fraud protection now, and a WoW account is always worth something from all the gold and dusted gear, or even selling the account to someone that doesn't know it's stolen. Plus there's harsher penalties for credit card theft so it's safer for criminals to go after something else like WoW accounts.

Edited by Hykos

SHHHHHHHHH your going to blow it for me, i was gonna get rich off of this!

but seriously, it looks pritty official, somebody must have put alot of time and effort into that. I thought M$ and firefox fixed the fake URL thing like a year ago, i remember messing arround with it while i was in college.

You used to beable to make it show a URL of whatever you wanted ie www.worldofwarcraft.com/wotlk but it would really be comming from joe blows site.

My gf's brother had his account stolen twice and it's a pain to get it back!!!!!!! espically the second time he had to fax ID to blizz with a lawyer signature saying he is the person on all his ID. Took over 3 months the second time before they gave it back to him.

Rounder.

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]