Guild vs Guild BG's

stangmeister

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name people who are well known on skullcrusher

This is the problem. You are rigging the question X_X. When you draw from a pool of well known people it is because they are good, I think we were trying to say in general terms, average player, all that jazz. Of course the people you hear about the most are usually ones that excel in both fields :) There are always going to be players like this. I think people that do excel at both like to refer to themselves as PVPers first and formost because it is an E-peen thing....... but what it comes down to is just because you are good at one doesnt always mean you are good at the other.

I'm not sure if its been said in this thread before, but jsut because you are good at PvE doesn't mean you are good at PvP.

I jsut wanted to make sure someone said that. :)

I'm not sure if its been said in this thread before, but jsut because you are good at PvE doesn't mean you are good at PvP.

I jsut wanted to make sure someone said that. :)

I agree with you Brother. Pve and PvP have a huge differente.

Ex.: I play a hunter. when I was doing some pve with , I would say before BC . it was easy to go AFK. When we was fighting the boss just need auto-shot and you are free. But on PvP you CAN'T go AFK when you ARE at the STABLES and if there have nothing showing up because there have sometinme a F..... Rogue who try to ninja it . So, that 1 thing. and the orther is for PvP u will NEVER know what strategy they will do for take each station.

Just because you are good at PvP doesn't mean you are good at PvE. Just wanted to make sure someone said that. :P

LAWLAWLAWL this thread is fun.

BUT - I'm more interested in seeing a focussed FP team. After all, no matter what we're Pv-ing. . . we need to be /famous doing it.

I dunno....... PvP requires a lot more attention than PVE does, especially cuz people are not scripted and you cannot predict they will start throwing something different at you at 20%.

PVE is more like playing on a band... where PVP is more like jamming...

Lots of people can memorize sequences of events, but only so many are capable of pulling stuff out on the go and incorporate themselves to the music.

PvP has made me able to deal with multiple mobs in different styles depending on whatever they throw at me on the go. (hence why I can aoe grind 5-8 mobs and still manage to fend off rogues who try to ambush me)

Edited by Esteban

Of course the people you hear about the most are usually ones that excel in both fields

So what we can assume is that people who are good at PvP are good players and thus excel at PvE naturally because they are good. Because the reaction times and thought time needed to be good at PvP make you shard for PvE.

PvE can be memorized unlike a battlefield. You can set up a script to play for you. You can not script PvP. Thus naturally we come to the conclusion that PvP'ers are sharp. People who consider themselves PvE'ers (Which I do classify myself more towards PvE than PvP considering I do not own a single piece of Gladiator gear) can also excel in PvP.

Not saying you're not right Este, but when you see 2 mages in a 2v2, im pretty sure they'll both POMPyro as soon as you're in range, much like a pve boss. =P

But no really, you gotta be adaptive and learn all aspects of your class and others to do well at pvp, and imo, pve as well. To say it requires no skill to pve, is kind of a lame and incorrect statement imo, saying the same thing to pvp'ers is just as incorrect.

Really it's kind of a moot point, there are people that are bad at PVE that are good at PVP, there are people good at PVE and bad at PVP. There are people good at both, and people bad at both.

Anywho, now that my raiding sucking carebare sissyness is done raiding for the week, OMG Arenas and WSG! - Doing both ftw!

You can not script PvP.

You know this isnt 100% true :)

We can play the word game all day, but the statement is still true PVE skill != PVP skill & PVP skill != PVE skill.

!= means does not equal :)

Edited by Shadrende

So what we can assume is that people who are good at PvP are good players and thus excel at PvE naturally because they are good. Because the reaction times and thought time needed to be good at PvP make you shard for PvE.

What we can assume is that people who are good at PVP are good at PVP, and that's about it. They're really two different styles of play, in my opinion. Just because a mage can frost trap some adds, POM pyro blast a rogue down in one shot, doesn't mean that he'll be able to keep his target sheeped in PvE while staying at the top of the damage meter, without pulling agro and wiping the raid.

While raid encounters are scripted, so are most of the AB and AVs I've been to. :P There are random elements of both that require players to pay attention.

People who say "I don't have to pay attention in PvE therefore it's a more lackluster skillbase" basically are telling me "I don't put forth the effort in PvE and don't need to because those around me who are willing to pay attention and pull out all their tricks will pick up the slack for me." Those willing to pay attention and do all of the things in their arsenal to beat an encounter, to me, are better, no matter what the AFKing rank 2399 arena PvPer might think during TK.

Although, really, this debate between "Who has the bigger E-peen: PvEr or PvPer" will never be solved, especially because anyone who does only one exclusively is pretty much ignoring a big part of the game. There are skill players in both. There are crappy players in both. Luckily, the only crappy PvPer we have in FP is me, and I'm willing to suck it up and try anyway. :P

Haha, seriously people, no one wants to think their area of focus requires less skill than the other because on some level they would think they are less than the other. So, lets just push that aside because at this point there is no point to be made, because everyone is simply repeating what everyone else including themselves have said previously in this same thread.

However, if you want a topic that will bring a little thought and probably drama and controversy, ask yourselves this...

IF-IF-IF-When-When-When

Guild-guild rated BGs come about, in what fashion will the guild BG teams be handled. Especially when new phat loots are at stake that everyone wants to get in on. Before when the epic GM gear was available through honor, not many people PvPed. Afterwards however, everyone wanted in. And if Guild Rated BGs are going to be rated like Arenas with requiring percentages of participation and points to purchase, well that just bumps up the drama to the next level, doesn't it?

Do you leave the Guild Rated BGs up to those in charge of this PvE guild or to those that dedicate their time to hardcore PvP?

And you might say "Oh I'm sure it won't be an issue." However look how many people had their feathers ruffled when Kara wasn't guild organized and the Elitist drama and tension that came about with that. Just food for thought for the future.

:)

I am the FBS and I drop bombs and eat babies.

Yes, I said EAT BABIES!

I think you answered the question here: Guild Rated BGs.

Like most of everything else, it'll only get as much government as it absolutely requires, and probably not a good deal more. A few people were left feeling sore with the first Kara group, and then they were told they had everything at their disposal to fix their situation. A good majority of those folks did, and the remaining few who didn't like that Big Brother didn't step in and "enforce" a set of kara signups found other homes where that sort of thing was more a part of guild structure. At the end of the day, most people got to see Kara who wanted to, and those that didn't must not have asked around. I imagine the same will go for Guild rated BGs. There will be a few folks who don't like it, and those folks will be invited to form a rated team, too, if Blizzard makes it possible. If not . . . well, I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

It's a single guild tag, so it will have to operate under a single leadership, we just have to hope that the leadership is creative enough to jump any hurdles that Blizzard infrastructure throws at us. xD

...and those folks will be invited to form a rated team, too, if Blizzard makes it possible. If not . . . well, I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Bingo.

I don't try and look for problems, but my current job requires me to do that 80% of the time. :)

Edited by Joesf

Yep. No sense in making a plan of action though until we have something to work with. If they've done it like the other stuff, then our current structure is fine, and those who want to be in the rated PvP team can. If it's not the same thing they've done in the past, then no amount of guessing will really do anything in terms of guild managment.

The only thing I can guarantee is that the guild managment style will stay very similar. If you don't like us now, you probably won't like us in the future either. :)

You can safely assume Guild Rated BGs will be one of two things.

-Form team rosters within the guild like Arena teams.

-Your team roster is your guild.

I'd hate to see it be the later one, but this is Blizzard we are talking about. I mean, Windfury won't proc off yellow damage (except Heroic Strike) anymore. Its like, WTF? Seriously?

But this all was "things blizzard would like to do" from Blizzcon. So its timeframe could be like siege weapons. 4 years in the making :)

But this all was "things blizzard would like to do" from Blizzcon. So its timeframe could be like siege weapons. 4 years in the making :)

And Hero classes, so QFT. =P

Well we will find out shortly.

Next season if your Arena team is not rated over 1900 you can not get the arena weapons. So that whole 10 game wooho collect epics is over. We will see how many arena teams are at the top with PvE gear and how many PvP'ers are in PvE with Gladiator weapons.

Most likely it will be the entire guild roster by the tweaks Blizz has been trying to make lately. They feel that they are locking off Arena for PvE guilds... at least some. So this will most likely be another way to reward the guilds taht do both at a high level.

Just look at warhammer and if they are doing it... realize that Blizzard is trying to add it first.

Edited by Bentley

It is not 100% sure but niether were th 6 Priest nerfs in a row either.

PvP'ers are complaining that PvE'ers don't have to be any good to get a reward with little to no effort. The weapons are also carrying a pinch more DPS for the resilience they are made to fight against....

So without being official... it is official

Yeah they said at the Blizzcon pvp panel that weapons would require a certain rating too purchase "LIKE" 1900 although that number may change before its released..that would only be the top 100 teams for the most part so I would think they would drop it slightly lower but who knows.

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]