I hate Windows

Krotas

Basically my computer is F*CKED beyond all recognition and my only hope of ever using it properly again is reformating the whole damn thing. Gonna remove every single application and uninstal the entire OS. My comp is SO messed up that i can't even play iTunes or napster while i work! /cry

I was just hoping that perhaps someone here might be able to tell me what files i need to back up in order to save the WoW patches. Under the "patches" folder i have two files, the

WoW-2.0.0-to-2.0.3-enUS-Win-patch

and the

WoW-2.0.12-to-2.1.0-enUS-Win-patch

do i simply need to copy both of those over onto my flash drive, or is it just one of them, or what?

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided :)

From what I have heard, WoW doesn't use any DLLs so you can backup the entire WoW directory and when you have windows back up and running you can copy the folder back, make new shortcuts to the .EXE file to start the game and should be good to go.

i just reformatted and reinstalled, installation of original WoW took about an hour, installing BC was about another 45 minutes, opon starting wow i was prompted to dl a 350+ meg patch that took 15 min to download, installation of this patch took about another 15 minutes, and had about 6 subsequent patches after that took another 15 minutes.

My recommendation: backup all the patches, or if you can, grab 2.1 patch from fileplanet.com before you wipe. In the future, try to backup your entire WoW program folder. And when you do install a fresh new copy of windows, consider partitioning your harddrive so if you have to wipe 1 partition, the other will remain intact and can be used as a backup medium.

just copy the entire wow directory. move it back when you are done reinstalling windows. it'll work just like it did before.

Re-installing wow isn't that much of a pain. I have done it 2-3 times in the same day (because Vista is a bitch and I had no idea about "admin autorization for patching") it really only takes 2, 3 hours tops, with downloads. I find that it was the actual application of the patch that took longer than the actual download.

Re-installing wow isn't that much of a pain. I have done it 2-3 times in the same day (because Vista is a bitch and I had no idea about "admin autorization for patching") it really only takes 2, 3 hours tops, with downloads. I find that it was the actual application of the patch that took longer than the actual download.

Uber solution to that : disable the UAC thing under users panel.

And Key, you said you had to remove every programsi nstalled and format your computer? Do you mean that, before formating, you uninstall ALL your softwares in Windoze? Cause, well, if you'Re doing so, you're wasting like one hour of your lifetime each time you format, lol.

Edited by Frost

hehe Yan, it is not like Key has anything better to do with his time.

:D

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]