klakla and the enigmatic 50,000 words

Klaudia

i edited all of this. Bleh. first of all...

IM DONE! 50,055 words. in 27 days.

anywho:

hey kids, klakla here with some news. as you may or may not have heard, i've been away all the month of november ..... no not workin in the circuz, or on the corner if youre eddie...... i've been writing a novel! yes thats right, a 50,000 word novel (or novella, if you're a publication nazi). i've been participating in National Novel Writing Month, or NaNoWriMo for short. (website = http://www.nanowrimo.org) basically, the challenge is to write a 50,000 word novel in one month, from november 1st to the 30th. now mind you, 50,000 is a lot of anything, especially words, and its certainly taken a month to complete.

synopsis:

The story is based around Julian Garcia Vásquez, a chef at a Cafe in 20th century Spain. One day he meets the girl of his dreams, who he unfortunately cannot be involved with because she comes from quite a rich family, and her father would never allow her to marry a simple chef. The struggle begins between the Nationalist army and the Republican goverment in 1936, and Julian soon finds himself involved in the conflict. His desire to take the girl away and be with her is burdened by the upcoming war, and he finds himself having to make some rather difficult decisions.

i changed this around a bit cause although this is prolly gonna sound hella bitchy, i'm not really getting the responses i would like. don't get me wrong i'm not mad at anyone or anything, its just that it kinda took a reasonable amount of courage to post something that obviously means a lot to me and then i get bs responses sooooo, what i'm gonna do is give a link to my profile on nanowrimo.org which has the excerpt on there. if you do read it and would like to give me any kind of feedback at all [which i would love!] pleaseeeee pm me! thanks =]

my user profile = http://www.nanowrimo.org/userinfo.php?uid=174819

<3333333333

i appreciate the humor guys but i'm really looking for serious feedback.

I'd actually really like to give you some feedback on this, but what kind of feedback are you looking for? If you can't edit it... I can't make suggestions. tongue.gif

hehe any kind really, i meant i haven't edited it as in spelling and grammar-wise. after the 30th i can edit the hell out of it, which i'll certainly be doing =p so any sort of feedback, concerning either the style of it or ..well, really anything, is good!

Words I didnt understand

exerpt, synopsis, accentos, bona fide, bienvenidos, hermosa, Que estás haciendo, wooing,bruto, courting, distraught, heifer, debonaire.

The writing is very colorful, Amanda, you should be proud.

If you're looking for anything helpful I would suggest keeping the wordplay, narrative included. In the period that it is written. It talkes the reader out of the feel of a period when they're reading slang of our time, which takes them back to the present.

The writing is very colorful, Amanda, you should be proud.

If you're looking for anything helpful I would suggest keeping the wordplay, narrative included. In the period that it is written. It talkes the reader out of the feel of a period when they're reading slang of our time, which takes them back to the present.

thanks, i really appreciate it happy.gif

any specific examples of the slang? just as an fyi, a lot of times i wrote slang as kind of a placeholder until i figured out what word would fit better for the period. for each piece of dialogue, i imagined the character saying it to make sure it fit the situation as well as the character's personality, and for the parts i wasn't sure about i wrote down my first thought and planned to go back to it later.

Ill make you a deal. After you've gone through your second rewrite you can mail me the manuscript and me and diana will get out our pencils and give it a fair edit.

haaaa, second rewrite........ that won't be for a while =p

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]