A few words from Teh Dez

Valdez

A compliation of old screenshots I found.

WAY back in the day when I was running SM and co-leader of Golden Eagle Trading Co. with Scrapes.

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/8121/getcodezsmgearqo7.jpg

Me and my slow mount. Still in the GETCO Days.

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/7604/getcodezonhorsefy3.jpg

Oldschool Dez and Uther.

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/5826/olddezandutherjh3.jpg

Tammy and Panda violating my corpse.

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/5972/dezandtammyqi9.jpg

Full Lawbringer Dez

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/9407/lawbringerdezes2.jpg

Full Lawbringer Dez in ACTION!

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/6124/dezandrabitnd4.jpg

Beorn's thoughts on Paladin Talent changes.

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/9414/beorncommentslh0.jpg

Finally, Full Judgement Dez once again paying a tribute to Uther.

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/1807/judgementdezandutherns5.jpg

World of Warcraft is the first MMORPG I've ever played. Before this I was playing mostly RTS games mixed with a lot of Diablo II and some good ol' Counter-Strike. Alex (or Scrapes as you know him), my best friend since Kindergarden started telling me about this "WoW" thing. After a lot of coaxing I went and picked up a copy. We originally rolled on Shadowsong, a PvE server. I leveled a paladin up to 30 when Alex and I discovered that another best friend of ours Steve (or Tegrin as you may know him, a druid currently in WBC formerly from Vind) was on a PvP server. Alex and I brought our computers over to his house one day and he convinced us to reroll on Skullcrusher. Thus, Valdez was born. When I started playing I never thought that a game such as this would be able to hold my attention for so long, I have ADD like whoa if you haven't noticed. In my teens I was recruited by a guild called Azure Knights. I stayed there for awhile until Alex and I decided to start a guild on our own. Golden Eagle Trading Co. was born on this day, a casual guild for people to come hang out, help each other, and not much else. Quite a few members have ended up in FP (Malkoran and Bungle, I think there's more but I can't think of them right now). We held onto that guild as long as we could, but there really wasn't a whole lot of interest by a majority of the members. Eventually I decided that I wanted to be a part of something larger than my small, casual guild. I started talking to some friends, and the warrior formerly known as Princessdydx told me about this guild called Forgotten Prophets. I had never heard of them at this point, but I was still in my low 50's and didn't have much experience with people outside of GETCO. He told me to talk to some guy named Ecthelion and I might be able to get in. That's exactly what I did, and that's how Dez ended up in Forgotten Prophets.

Since that day I joined, I've truely felt like this is a home. During all of 2005 and the first part of 2006 I've been stuck at home working and going to a local community college. Just about all of my friends were away at school or something, and FP soon became a family to me. I remember my first MC run when I picked up those shiny Lawbringer Boots (I'm supprised they're not worn out by now), and I remember saying to myself "Raiding is AWESOME! PHAT L3WTS OMGz!". That's when I was hooked on raiding. Although boring at times, the game isn't the reason I play. It's the people. I guarentee if I hadn't ended up in Forgotten Prophets the game would have soon run out of value and I would have moved onto something else.

Last night, as many of you know, I finally obtained my Judgement Boots, thus completing my Judgement Set. The fact that I was finally 8/8 didn't really hit me until today when I felt nostalgic and started going through old screenshots and remembering "the good old days". I began to realize that I've finally accomplished everything I set out to do with Valdez, but it wasn't something I did alone. I'd like to thank each and every member of FP, even if they're not with us anymore. I could not have attained my ub3r pally without the help of all of you, and for that I am grateful. You've become my online family, and I love all of you. Well, maybe not ALL of you (Beorn) but most of you. You've made my time here fantastic, and I apprecaite that more than words can say.

No, this isn't a goodbye post. It may have seem like it's been leading up to something like that, but on the contrary. I just felt that I needed to give you all a big "Thank You" for everything that's happened over the past year I've been here in Forgotten Prophets. You can't get rid of me that easily, and although you can try as hard as you'd like, I'll be sticking around for awhile. I mean come on, I need to ensure the WoW economy doesn't crash when I quit wiping raids and no one has repair bills.

<3

-Jeff (Dez)

Awesome post Jeff. Really nice things you said there.

I feel a lot of the same things you do, even if it does sound weird to call online gamers family, everyone here I know just as well or better than real life friends.

Wow Dez, that was a spectacular few words. Congratulations on your 8/8 Judgement, it truly is the most teh awesome pally set!!

I'm really proud to see ya in this set, and that we fianlly have a pally in FP who has 8/8 judgement and is here to stay.

BUTYOUOUTROLLEDMEONTHOSEBOOTSYOUBASTARDSUCHALOOTWHOREOMG

I thought you said "a FEW words".   Damn get over yourself.

JK.  <3 Dez  One of my first friends in FP.  Congratulations on an awesome run so far.  I am looking forward to seeing your full T3 and beyond pics.

I need to find some good screenshots of the ol' DM gang. I have a few of you dead but nothing really worth posting.

omg dez i don't like u nemore! i was JUST thinking about posting some "omg i love u FP" thing, (apparently i was bored, cuz nothing of significance has happened to me to say thanks for in the past... 3 months... lol)

loved the screenies btw, visits down memory lane to the old days r always fun ^^

Well... good thing I didn't deprive you of your future family when you apped to Vindictive! (I think it was them...)

Anyway... I <3 Dez. I <3 the "good ol' days". I <3 my Finkle's Lava Dredger.

Well... good thing I didn't deprive you of your future family when you apped to Vindictive! (I think it was them...)

Anyway... I <3 Dez.  I <3 the "good ol' days".  I <3 my Finkle's Lava Dredger.

It was, and I too am glad you guys took me back with open arms. I still have that thing floating in the bank somewhere, it will NEVER get dusted or vendored. Ever.

Dez... you hit the nail no the head. FP has become many of our homes and the people there family. In all my MMORPG games I've played, it is VERY rare to find a place like this. If I wasn't in this guild I don't know if I'd be playing. I <3 this game, and more importantly I <3 the people in it.

FPFTMFW FOREVER!!!! /famous

dez you just wiped my heart

Dez...  you hit the nail no the head.  FP has become many of our homes and the people there family.  In all my MMORPG games I've played, it is VERY rare to find a place like this.   If I wasn't in this guild I don't know if I'd be playing.  I <3 this game, and more importantly I <3 the people in it.    

FPFTMFW  FOREVER!!!!    /famous

well said, if it wasn't for FP i'd have left WoW some months ago, but u guys just rock too much :oops:

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]