PlayStation 3: The Final Details!

Exist2Inspire

The Controller

http://www.r0rschach.com/black.jpg

- New Centre button for home page

- Wii-esque function: 6 degress of tilt

- R2 and L2 buttons are now triggers

- No More boomerang: Dual Shock is back (in black)!

Price and Launch Details

North America: Novemeber 17, 2006

20 Gig Version: $499 USD / 549 CND

60 Gig Version: $599 USD / 649 CND

But! The 20 gig version is crap because it is missing some very important details!

The 20 Gig version lacks:

- any sort of memory card suport (thus the HDD stores everything)

- HDMI Support (thus, cant watch Blu-Ray movies or get true High Defination)

- Wi-Fi support

So, if you want a blu-ray player, your gotta spend the 599 / 649 ><

More Information can be found at:

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pd...df/060509ae.pdf

http://joystiq.com

http://ps3.ign.com

http://ps3.qj.net

ENJOY!

Good info, very nice lookin controller. No need to ruin an almost perfect design. Too bad I'd rather blow 600$ on a huge monitor for my pc...

lol, i still gotta get a new tv to use the ps3, so it will be more than i thought.

Though it will come later, I will post the information from both the Nintendo and Microsoft conferences. Maybe Microsoft has something to combat the Wii and the PS3...

yeah, they'll steal their technology and call it their own!

I lol'd

yeah, they'll steal their technology and call it their own!

QFT

haha

damn thats a but too steep for me. I'll wait a year or so when the price goes down to.. um.. 300 CND and there are some decent games to get

Thats just way to expensive for me.

I'll stick with my sega...Sonic and Knuckels > $600 PS3

The Controller

20 Gig Version: $499 USD / 549 CND

60 Gig Version: $599 USD / 649 CND

But! The 20 gig version is crap because it is missing some very important details!

The 20 Gig version lacks:

- any sort of memory card suport (thus the HDD stores everything)

- HDMI Support (thus, cant watch Blu-Ray movies or get true High Defination)

- Wi-Fi support

I new sony would find a way to screw us

So i got my HDTV a year ago but it has no HDMI. So am i safe to assume that you need HDMI to play blu-ray?

If so, sony found another way to screw me.

Oh and how am i supposed to know if my TV supports 1080p?

I know it has 1080i and 720p, is 1080p a new thing or sumthing?

If so sony has yet again screwd me

Ok, how is Nintendo going to compete with this, can you say nunchuck controller!!111!1!!111

http://wii.nintendo.com/images/fea_nunchuka.png

At least it looks nice.

http://wii.nintendo.com/images/wii_hardware_wht.png

Now I do have to say, I like the more adult looking Zelda game

http://wii.nintendo.com/images/fea_gamepg_zelda.png

I can't wait for Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii (Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee)

Especially the new Zelda games and the downloadable old gamse. It will come out off the shelf with the biggest gaming library of any system

that sounds about right. Nintendo is pushing the entire system on the approach that if the console is cheap, it's user friendly to a mass audience and not just harcore gamers, and most importantly that the games are all fun, then they'll succeed. And I agree. I won't be spending $600 on a system, awesome graphics be damned, the Wii looks like a hell of a lot more fun and will probably be less than half the price of the other two systems.

Nintendo could have created their biggest success ever with the Wii, or it may end up being their biggest failure.

booooo PS 3 is for noobs.... Xbox360 has already stolen the show from it and by the time this comes out XBOX will drop its prices yet even more and just screw Sony sales in the early comings which is where hte big profit is.. btw those prices are sony suggested retailers can sell it for as much as they want..

Nomad.

When has a retailer ever sold a system for more than the MSRP? They'd be shooting themselves in the foot if they did that.

um, sorry Xbox will never completely win as long as Sony has Final Fantasy. That series alone is strong enough to support a console.

It's all about sales in Japan anyhow, you win Japan...you win the console war!

It's all about sales in Japan anyhow, you win Japan...you win the console war!

To a degree yes, but most of the Jap companies' sales are generated in the US, so a strong console built and backed by one of the largest companies in the world that just so happens to be an american company is and will continue to be a huge threat to Sony/Nintendo.

If Wii fails then it could be Nintendo's last. Sort of a third strike you're out. The PS3 will probably trump the $hitbox, though.

Nintendo isn't going anywhere, it still holds it's own in Japanese markets with both Gamecube and it has a tight grip on the handheld market. If Nintendo goes, I might just stop buying consoles, 'cause then all we'll see is "Sequel to so and so!" on PS3.

Nintendo knows it can't compete with Xbox and Playstation for the bigger spending adult gamers but it has found it's spot dishing out the kid friendly games to keep parents buying.

Sega held its own in Japan too, and what happened to their consoles?

/agree Gar, but it looks as it they're going after every non-standard market with the Wii. Their promos feature a lot more women and middle aged people than I would normally expect to see. And of course their's the little kiddies, who they should probably target even more with games geared towards 5-10 year olds if they want to ensure long term brand recognition.

Sega's share in the handheld market didn't exist Hykos, while Nintendo OWNS the handheld market. Gamecube is still selling well in Japan and especially since there are games that are only available for the system and no where else (Zelda, Mario). The only way Nintendo is going to die if they lose their originality.

Gamecube outsells Xbox's in Japan also. Nintendo might not have the "adult" market, but it stays strong with its sales. Sega released hardware too early and too hard to program for and that's what was its downfall. Nintendo keeps releasing hardware that affordable for all incomes while other systems Xbox, PS3 are only scaling up.

I'll give ya that much. Sega's fait was already sealed before Dreamcast. They had no other sources of revenue other than major consoles and their games. Unfortunatly for Nintendo, though, Sony now has a 30% market share with the PSP. Any future advances with Sony's handheld could lead to more trouble for Nintendo if their next handheld doesn't perform as well as their DS did in sales.

Personally, I think the Wii will be fine, the games will probably be fun, and that their marketing approach will pay off for them. I know I'll be buying one.

Console's are FTL.  

WOW is ftw!

QFT!

Altho... i do enjoy super smash bros and games like that every once in awhile with friends...

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]