I didn't forget the Prophets.

siliconsmiley

What's up FP?

I'm an old timer that knew Joesf back in the SWG days. I'm thinking of getting back into some gaming. Thought I might give WOW a try. It's always nice to know some peeps.

So what's a new guy to do? I've always been something of a mage/healer type. Joesf says they're in pretty high demand. What else is cool? I like to tank some times too.

If you start as a healer, make it a dwarven priest. They are always in high demand. Priests and Druids are the primary healers, with Paladins (like myself) being a support class. If you roll a paladin I'll burn your eyes out. Seriously. With a flaming iron poker. It won't be pretty.

Oh. Welcome to our forums =D

Why dwarven?

I was thinking Paladin, but a flaming poker might be over the top. If it was only white hot, I wouldn't mind being a blind Paladin. But a flaming blind Paladin, no thanks.

How are the warlocks?

Thanks for the welcome. I'll probably be looking for a guild too.

Ewrrl! My Wookiee brother in arms! Long time no see!

In WoW each class has their role in a raid. Along with that each class can be equally mean in PvP.

Priest (Caster; Healing) - Core healers with some good damage. End-game is typically in the healing role. Drawf priest is the best combo for an ability called fear ward. However its at the cost of stunning good looks O_o

Druids (Caster; Healing; Melee) - Jack of all trades. End-game usually healing with random chances to tank. They have stealth, travel form plus a bunch of other goodies. I think this class would be perfect for you. Oreonocca rolled a druid and loved it. Named him Moocifer.

Pallies (Melee; Some Spells and Healing) - Healers, Buffers, Rez Joe's ass in combat class. End-game is a support role. Known for a combo called Shield\Hearth. smile.gif

Rogues (Melee; Tactical)- Sneaky sneaky people. High damage but frail. Lots of tricks, can take on almost any class 1v1. End-game they deal damage.

Mages (Caster) - DPS caster. Good bit of variety of spells. A little support, plus they can make food (health) and water (mana). Plus they can turn you into a sheep. End-game they do a good bit of damage with support roles here and there.

Warlocks (Caster plus pet) - Damage casters with some pet abilties. Has some support goodies. End-game they damage, plus add the little goodies that make our raids easier.

Hunters (Ranged with pet) - Ranged DPS with pets. Lots of little tricks. End-game they damage and have some key roles in raids.

Warriors (Melee; Tanks) - Think Joesf in SWG. No healing, mean damage and can take a beating. Not a good solo class, but with someone by their side, they can destroy worlds. Very gear dependant. End-game is usually behind a shield taking most of the damage.

PvP is godly compared to what we did in SWG. More fun, more strategy. If I'm not raiding, I'm PvPing. Its a blast. I'm sure anyone would answer any questions you had about any class.

Sounds like fun. The druid could be fun. But I'm also thinking of the warlock. I had a level 55 life mage in Asheron's Call and it was hella fun draining stuff. I think I'll pick up a copy and give it a go here in the near future. Thanks for the quick synopsis.

being a dwarf priest is awesome you get to fear ward people in IF, and they are like, OMG fear ward! /giggle

Warlock is a pretty good solo class.... If you did lock the gnome lock gets a bit of casting bonus..... A must to go with a lock thru early stages is cooking. Yes cooking. With life tap (convert your life to mana) and cooking you can make food to regain that health therefore reducing the need to "buy" food from vendors. Locks get mounts free at 40 and at a reduced cost via quests at 60. There is always a lock in any serious run because they supply soulstones which allow a self rez for a preist,pally if the whole group dies. Warlocks also have healthstones which the tanks will go thru like candy if you offer them a few times. The ability to summon people to the group is also a nice addition.

yeah serriously stay away from the paladins. There awsome until you hit 30, then you realize the wool was put over your eyes. It's just down hill from there.

I would highly recomend mage/warlock

The're amazing for end game raid content, and for killing the horde when ever/where ever you find them.

Joe almost had mages right....

Mages (Caster) - DPS caster. Good bit of variety of spells. A little support, plus they can make food (health) and water (mana). Plus they can turn you into a sheep. End-game they do a good bit of damage with support roles here and there.

this is how it should read...

Mages - Caster - Extreamly high DPS, but extrealy fragile (hence the phrase "glass cannon"). Food and Water suppliers for raid/server. Mad crowd control skillz. End game - do insane amounts of damage and have minimal support roles. PVP.. you are a target.. if you catch a mage off gaurd it's GG... if he catches you wether or not ur paying attention... /wave /bye

Not to high in demand.. their are a million of us, but w/ the right build/skills you can really put the hurt on anyone. Super fun and super easy to lvl with.

=)

Ah I see.  There's a Horde and Alliance Warlock.

"Character creation is disabled.  Please try again at off peak hours."

Fantastic.

It said that for Skullcrusher?! I didn't know we got hit with the Character Creation Lock.

yeah serriously stay away from the paladins. There awsome until you hit 30, then you realize the wool was put over your eyes. It's just down hill from there.

Wow Ecth I didn't know you disliked your class so much =(

Sup Smiley!

/wave

Is that where you folks are? On Skullcrusher? I had some trouble getting a character created anywhere last night. Finally did get to create one and I used the oportunity to make a whole bunch of peeps on a variety of different worlds or servers or whatever you want to call them.

I made it to 7th or 8th level with an undead warlock, the game crashed and I couldn't remember which server he was on. smile.gif

Anyway, it's pretty fun.

Yup were on Skullcrusher. Its one of the more populated and active servers. The game might disconnect you every now and then but you can usually tell when thats coming. Think you can have 50 total charcters but no more than 10 on a server or something like that.

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]