Firemaw: Melee and Melee's Healers positioning

Hykos

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/3038/firemaw18bq.jpg

On our best attempt Erlin and I split melee. Me on rogues, him on warriors. If you're standing in the right spot and Firemaw is positioned right you shouldn't take any damage. You may still get the Flame Buffet debuff, but you shouldn't get the Wing Buffet or anything else he does. One fire pot lasted me the whole time and very little had to be absorbed.

If you're melee and not getting healed, you're probably in our dead zone. Move to the small block that is circled and we should be able to get you. When you run back around the corner, BANDAGE! wink.gif

If you end up being the druid on that side, use that Rez as soon as the MT or one of the two OT's goes down. In most cases Gryph, Beorn, or Ratava. They should be rezzed before anyone even has a chance to say "Rez [insert name of meat shield here]". Save NS for weird aggro changes. Just listen to Gryph and if he sounds unsure about getting aggro back or the wrong tank has aggro, you'll more than likely have to Oh Shizz heal Firemaws target. I think I used two mana pots on our best attempt, but I probably would have had to use one more if we lived longer.

Good tips! This is perfect because I can pretty much backstab from anywhere in that area but now that I now that it is easiest for you when I am in that square, I can make a more conscious effort to melee from there.

Its all about getting a good rythim. Going in getting some hits going back out. I dont think i ever went below 50% that whole fight except for 1 unlucky shadowflame.

This fight is just gonna take a lot of practice and tweaking on everyon's part.

Yeah, even me with my lamezorz FR staid alive through the fight till the wipes. If i halve my dps but stay alive twice as long, it's all good. Of course it doesn't hurt to be able to self heal, but I do spread the love around!

Hmm, yeah for us feral dr00ds, it will become clear when we should pop into caster form to heal or battle rez?

This is the way I saw it for feral for this fight: for battle rez, the second a tank dies you pop and cast. You're probably the closest to the tanks and easiest to get into LOS. Know which are the main tanks - i think last fight it was gryph, beorn, and either scrapes or joe - if one of the MTs goes down, you don't wait to be told. If one of the backup tanks goes down, wait to be told. As for healing, i found myself almost every time i went back to the triangle popping out, healing myself to full and throwing out rejuvs to everyone in my party. It's a long fight, so i didn't want to toss a regrowth or HT everytime i went back to conserve mana. The key to staying alive is the patience - if you gotta wait the full 10 seconds on a regrowth, you gotta do it - Firemaw ain't goin nowheres.

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]