well here is the death of pc gaming

TeAhnPrime

Wow. I knew Microsoft's plan was to effectivley provide a unit that will be your multimedia center for the living room, synthesised with your computer. I figured this would happen in the least the generation after next. Looking at the stats I can only say: "Holy fucking shit! 1 teraflop?! Holy fucking shit!" over and over and over again. Just wow.

If you're talikg about WoW, I think you should realize that by the time the Xbox 360 comes out, it will be a year since WoW came out. If it still has as many people as it does now, it will be a miracle. In the past, my attention span, not to mention my tolerance for puting up with the shit devs put out, ends before that much time passes. Then again, Blizz doesn't have as many problems as other MMO companies produce. (Especially those sick bastards at SoE) Soulshards? Immunities? Low dps? BS! I remember in Planetside, when they released new vehicles and the blue guys' TRANSPORT VAN could do more damage to a player on foot then a fucking TANK. And it had TWO turrets!

We should all switch to Wolfenstien! It's been Clinically tested and fatherly approved to keep you interetained! :twisted:

dont get me started on how shatty microsoft, xbox, halo, and all related products are... i will absolutly slaughter and compare how PS2 is better then both xbox and xbox360 haha

boy do i hate microsoft and xbox *tweaks*

Yes, you keep saying that to yourself Cal. Sony just got OWNED in the home console market. If you earnestly belive otherwise, I am sorry that you can not fairly judge a piece of hardware. But hey, the GB Pocket totally kicks the PSP's ass doesn't it? tongue.gif

Yes, you keep saying that to yourself Cal. Sony just got OWNED in the home console market. If you earnestly belive otherwise, I am sorry that you can not fairly judge a piece of hardware. But hey, the GB Pocket totally kicks the PSP's ass doesn't it?  :P

Haha, yeah I'm sure Microsoft is really going to take over the market with its huge Japanese sales. I mean, I think around 3 people have it down there, so really pretty soon...that'll be ...like 3 households! biggrin.gif

Sony just got OWNED? The new XBOX isnt out until November so thats not really a *just got OWNED*. Besides, we havent even seen the details on PS3, so we have nothing to compare it too. Also... 300-400? thats really high...hehe.

o yeah, im sorry, i just thought that the huge heavy shatty computer in an ugly black and green box with the microsoft logo was a piece of shit...o yeh, i am right biggrin.gif

the new xbox isnt toooo much better then a top end computer anyway, and the computer can do FARRRR more with less!

xbox controller is a piece of shat... most if not all the games on xbox are shatty as well... with exception to a few which are readily available on the ps2 or pc!

the only thing xbox has over ps2 is the graphical capabilities, but wow, do you know the difference in release date? thats understandable, yes? well have u played gran turismo 4??? that game blows anything xbox outa the water!...

should i keep going? sure why not im bored...

did i mention that it was made by microsoft? responsible for creating the ever-so-stable windows operating system /sarcasm heh

and again, that thing weighed a tonne, and ESSENTIALLY is a computer with tv out instead of vga; a new port for controllers, and a custom bios...for which is easy as hell to flash (o look..what else can be flashed? heh could it be....a BIOS?!!?)

heh did i mention that ps2 had better games

Im done for now, just go ahead and debate... hehe

Matthew

p.s. Dragonlngd and all - as for the ps3, that its been known, they are going to use the sony 'cell' processor and blu-ray media, meaning, uber fast and uber good smile.gif

sony > microsoft

Halo and Halo 2 ROCKS!, only good game for PS2 is the PS1's FF Tactics! All other games for those systems suck donkey nutts. Thanks PEACE!

Have you not tried Devil May Cry... 1 or 3? great great games.

I only enjoy 2-3 Xbox games, Ninja Gaiden being the main one.

PS2 really does have some good games. Isnt Xbox2 ...not backwards compatible?(maybe I missed that some where)

Why is it whenever people start comparing the consoles kick ass games, the only Xbox ones that get mentioned are Halo and now Halo2? They never mention anything else.

My list of good PS2 games.

Xenosaga, Onimusha (1,2,3), Twisted Metal Black, God of War, Maximo (1,2), Suikoden 3, Baulders Gate Dark Alliance (1,2..yes I know one of those is on Xbox), Mark of Kri, Final Fantasy 10 (I liked it), not too mention a slew of PS1 games, Grand Theft Auto 3 (just fun to run around and blow shit up... wait theres missions in the game?) Dynasty Warriors (2,3,4)...and a bunch more.

Im actually more of a Gamecube fan though...hehe.

Now let the bashing begin!

I'm so glad I gave up console gaming years ago.

Keyboard and mouse FTW.

Not to mention there's not a forced hardware upgrade every year.

Halo and Halo 2 ROCKS!, only good game for PS2 is the PS1's FF Tactics! All other games for those systems suck donkey nutts. Thanks PEACE!

o ur dead fucker wink.gif

Lets start out with games that rock on playstation:

a) Final Fantasy 7-11 (technically, thats 6 games)

cool.gif San Andreas

c) God of War

d) Grand Turismo FTW

Now, I can agree that the PS2 has more quality games than the Xbox. It also has quite a large number of games that are pure pieces of crap. I have both consoles, and when I get bored what do I play? I don't play God of War, San Andreas, FFX, or Twisted Metal:Black. Why? I've beaten them all more than once, and I'm sick and tired of them. I sit down to my tele, hook up the ethernet cable and play Halo 2, Crimson Skies, Unreal, Wolfenstien, Sega GT, hell even DDR:Ultramix. I play these on live, and I know that every time I do so I am facing a new opponent, who has different tactics and gameplay style. This makes it entertaining and keeps me coming back to the box. What does sony provide as a subsitute? A piece of shit that's what.

Oh and I doubt Microsoft gives a flying fuck about how many consoles they sell in Japan. You won't belive the amount of brand loyalty they have in that fair land. You must remember that Sony has acomplished in Japan what Microsoft is only attempting to do here. That goal is to completley take over your living room. They provide quality hardware: TVs, cameras, PCs; anything you could think of, they make. Odds are, if you have the cash, all of your products will be made by Sony. Microsoft can't even come close.

Yet, in this country, both companies are waging a war to attain the same goal of brand loyalty. I have a Sony Trinitron TV, a Sony CD/DVD+-RW drive, the PS2 and I recently recieved the PSP for my birthday. Yet, if offered a simmilar, cheaper, product or one that was better, the fact that it's a Sony would not alter my decision in any way.

Oh and why did I say SONY got owned? Because they're only "considering" a 2005 launch, and as the dreamcast had showed us, timing in console release is everything. Not to mention that the psychological effect of the info release MS has made. Microsoft basically pulled up in a Ferarri said "Look at my cool new car! Bitchin' ain't it?" and the best sony could muster as a rebuttal was "Well, my car will be better! But I'm not sure what it will be... Nor when I'll get it....."

Oh come on, you know Sony will show its PS3 in about 2-3 months, around E3 (if it hasnt happend yet, I can't remember).

Microsoft cares alot about the Japan audience, thats a HUGE market, their loyalty doesnt matter as much, only if they buy the product. If Xbox doesnt go well there.. they are missing out on alot of money. Now I agree with you that Microsoft is aiming for more in the States. You still didnt answer my question on wether or not the new Xbox was going to be backwards compatible, if not , thats going to hurt them alot. Im all for the new Xbox because itll push Sony and Nintendo to do more, so Im not bashing it. I just find it funny that you were saying sony's OWNED because we got to hear about the new Xbox ..... So you were comparing something... to nothing. I guess your right though, the something kinda wins by default.

I still perfer Nintendo...hehe. Keep in mind, non of my Nintendo stuff has broken (minus first nintendo), and my SNES still works after 14 years (which by the way...is the best system ever).Hehe.

From what I understand, it will be backwards-compatible.

And yes, Nintendo is and always will be the best videogame company in the world. I have had too many memorable moments with their fine hard and software to think otherwise.

I'm so glad I gave up console gaming years ago.

Keyboard and mouse FTW.

Not to mention there's not a forced hardware upgrade every year.

Sony's PS2 was released October 26, 2000 (stateside). By the time the PS3 hits the market the PS2 will have been at least 5 years old. You mean to tell me within 5 years time, you don't buy more RAM, a new video card, new hard drives, and a new mobo to handle all your new gear? puhleeeeaseeeeeee

not to mention now there's talk of PC gaming rigs needing "physics cards" for the games slated by the end of the decade. Also keeping in mind purchases for new mice and keyboards, speakers, and 21" LCD monitors with low refresh times.

Consoles really are a cheaper, and more conservative approach to updating if you ask me. The trade off is that they are only cutting edge for 3-6 months. After that developers have to bust their hump to find ways to get more juice from the hardware.

On top of that, there are adaptors to use keyboards and mice with home consoles.

PC gaming and Console gaming are two different animals. They both play games, but there's obvious aesthetic and style differences. They are both fun in their own ways, and I would never give up one over the other.

how come no one ever mentions mech assault for blowing shit up. Granted you cant get hoes, but i really cant think of a game which is closely themed to blow shit up to win. Yea, there is this one game, that not alot of people know about called Steel Battalion, Line of contact. It is the most realistic "blow shit up" game ever. granted you do have to buy a $200 controller that mimics a cockpit, but with 40 buttons, 2 joysticks, and 3 foot pedals, you can pwn 12 year old like there is no tommorow. If you havent seen the game, check it out. Oh, and if youre gonna play, its realistic down to if you blow up while in the cockpit, its game over, you suck, start over from scratch. But i know that they did throw in a nice eject button. And also, the newest one they came out with a campaign based online thing. Dam i want this game so bad.

In truth I average 3-4 years between upgrades, which is easily outpaced by consoles if you own more than 1...

For example, I bought this laptop of mine when I moved to college...in 2003. I don't have the funds to upgrade anything for at least another year..maybe 2.

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]