How long do raids take?

DeepT

How long is a typical MC run, BWL run, Onyxia run, and ZG run?

I had decided I didn't want to do any of these anymore because I was tired of spending 4 hours in MC only to get to Magmadar.

Now some other people have been telling me that you can run MC in 3 hours, ZG from beginning to end in 3.5 hours, and the other pretty fast.

If this is true, I would proabbly be intrested in running them again.

So Id like to know, what are the real average times you do take to run these instances?

I think our last MC we down Domo in around 4-5hours. Aside from Rags we can do MC in one night and thats jsut because we don't want to stay up until 2-3am killing Rags.

If we start Sunday around 2-3 we could probably clear all of MC in one sitting. Depending on how high your Ass Numbness resists are.

But I'm always drinking during raid so I could be way off.

Also, how many bosses we take down can depend on the number of tanks\warlocks\druids on Garr, Sulfuron and Domo respectively.

I think the real question is, how much of a free ride can you handle?

I must say that this isn't the best attitude though... Many of us have put in the long hours of spending 4 hours to wipe at Mag. Now that we've got it down pretty well it seems.... uncool that you want to waltz back in.

I must say that this isn't the best attitude though... Many of us have put in the long hours of spending 4 hours to wipe at Mag. Now that we've got it down pretty well it seems.... uncool that you want to waltz back in.

/agree

So now that we did all the work you want to step in and get the loot without any effort, or take up a spot that could go to someone that helped us get to where we are now? :?

I'm glad a counsilor\officer said something cause that really ergged me too.

I can't think of anything 'casual friendly' to say, except I'm sure other guilds are recruiting who can do it faster and better than us.

Woah... Hold me!!!

I know that not wanting to spend 4 hours in a run just to kill 1 boss is really not that appealing... but that first post really sounded stuck up... if you want something good you pay for it with time... Its just how things work

Yep, I'm going to go ahead and agree with previous posters that that's not exactly the right attitude to have. Although we are indeed running raids significantly faster now, telling us "I didn't feel like spending a long time doing raids before, but now that you guys spent the time and improved and can do it faster I'm in" isn't quite fair. I know being in a raid for 4+ hours gets a bit tedious, but the reason why we are doing it faster now is because we spent the time to get better at it. Hehe just my opinion =] But getting to the question, we usually start raids around 8 and end around 12ish? depending on who it is we are killing, and the actual time we began.

I am not asking for anything for free. I am trying to decide weather or not I want to even bother going at all. Not, after you cleared up to X then ask me to come along.

I did MC like 10 times, maybe more, with my mage. I decided I never wanted to do these things again other then to see them the first few times. So Ill want to do onyxia because I have not and Ill want to do BWL because I have not, and maybe the last half of ZG because I have not.

However, even if I never get any purple loot out of the deal, after a few times, Ill never want to do them again. That is unless they really do not take that long. For me, I remember spending 4 or 5 hours to get to Mag. I remember that a lot. Its way past my tolerance.

Now if you say, 4 hours for the entire thing, ok I can deal with that once a week.

I planned on going the PvP route because I can do that in bite-sized chunks, however working out the math, Ill never get to GM, and proablby never get past rank 11 or so. That is why I reconsiderd these instances after everyone told me that they are done really fast now.

Now if you all want someone who is willing to spend 9 hours in MC every week, just let me know, and Ill never sign up for a raid. Ill let people who want to grind for hours and hours and hours get all the purple loot. Ill just be stuck with blues forever.

I think the real question is, how much of a free ride can you handle?

omg evan has performed QFT on FP forums.

We're a casual/hardcore mix of a guild. We have attributes that appeal to the casual side of people (which it seems you are a part of), and attributes that appeal to the hardcore side of people (The people who raid every week). It's taken us a LONG time to get where we are in MC, and if we didn't have our hardcore base of members, we'd still be wiping on the first giants. That doesn't mean we don't like our casual members to attend these raids. The thing with your post was, you were basically saying "I wouldn't mind going to MC if it's going to be short and sweet". Not the best attitude to have around people who have done a ton of work to get where we are today. Just my two cents. Basically, it comes down to this: If you want the epic gear, you have to put in the time and energy to do so. It's epic for a reason, not everyone who plays the game is going to have a shot at it. We're lucky we're in a guild like FP where every member is given a shot at endgame instances. If you're happy in all blues, then that's fine. If you want to PvP for gear, that's a good route too, one accomplishable as you said, without sitting there for hours upon hours without a break in the action. Even if you can't get GM you can get some pretty sick stuff from Rep with AB/AV/WSG. There's ways to get great gear without doing tedious endgame, but however you want to do it, if you want the good gear, you're going to work for it. Or, you could go buy gold. That works too.

However, even if I never get any purple loot out of the deal, after a few times, Ill never want to do them again.  That is unless they really do not take that long.  For me, I remember spending 4 or 5 hours to get to Mag.  I remember that a lot.  Its way past my tolerance.

Now if you say, 4 hours for the entire thing, ok I can deal with that once a week.

But see it is the people who did do this for 4 hours to get to Mag that made it possible for us to do most of MC in 4 hours now. Yeah it is true FP is FPFTMFW and we down all the bosses. I have many videos of Ragnaros and Onyxia so if you want to see them you can see them, please enjoy. BWL is 4 hours of not doing one boss most the time. It is just a armor repair bill for the most part. But people still gotta sign up so we can learn it. And I agree with the councilors that if you only want to sign up when we have it down pat and it is going fast it is a injustice to the people who put money for repair bills and 4 hours to do one or two bosses.

Now if you all want someone who is willing to spend 9 hours in MC every week, just let me know, and Ill never sign up for a raid.  Ill let people who want to grind for hours and hours and hours get all the purple loot.  Ill just be stuck with blues forever.

That is what we want. We want people who are going to put the grind in on BWL and accept that the phat lewt maybe a month or so off (Maybe longer) before we get moving good in it. How can you sit and think that it is fair that people have put in alot of their own gold for repiars to get MC and Ony on a farm status while you PvP'ed and now that it is farmable you want to join up. I know I am new, I know you have been here longer. I agree in some aspects in this sense. I do not get excited about BWL night. I just don't. But I sign up because I know I can help and I know sooner or later instead of a repair bill we will be rolling on T2 armor. And I will be damned if I am not gonna be a big part of BWL since I joined just as FP was getting MC onto a farmable status. I will be sure to put my money and time and effort into helping the guild out. Your not helping at all if your gonna wait till you can go and get easy phat lewt. That is using the system.

Maybe this is not what you meant to say or meant by your words, but that is the way they came out and are being read and it is hurtful by a new member like me. I can not imagine how the leadership must feel. FP is definately above that. It is a team and it is about helping each other in good and bad times. It is about SELF Sacrafice. And that SELF Sacrafice has great rewards. But you should not be rewarded for other people who do self sacrafice that is just not fair.

I am not making any judgements on people who do or do not want to grind for purples for days at a time.

I was there the first time you guys went through ZG. It was fun, it was fun figuring out the bosses. But that is not what I am talking about.

I am talking about, we know how to do everything already. There is no discovery. The only thing we need to do learn to do it faster. Sure there are moments where you might say, lets try and do all core-hound packs at the same time. Lets pull 3 firelords at once and kill them.

But really, how much does that happen? Where you know how to beat a certain encounter, and rather then take the safe path, you take an more risky path and try and save a few minutes?

Now I have been in a bunch of MC raids, not nearly as many as you, and when I said 10, that was with FP. I proabbly have done 16 or so outside of FP. Its the same as smaller instances, only on a bigger scale. No one wants to try something new. Its always the same thing over and over and over.

Now that is fine. You are welcome to do that and the 'dedicated players' can farm MC and BWL until the cows come home and then you can all prance around me and show me all your uber purple loot.

I play for the fun of the game, not for the loot. Sure Id like to have it, but its not a huge deal for me. Id rather spend my time in scholomance figuring out how to do it with 3 people instead of 5. I the guy who has been to every zone in this game, finished or not (except BWL). Yes, I even explored the silithus dungeons before they were finished, have been in the caverns of time, and even that swamp tower place in dead-wind pass.

If you think its unfair that 50 core people figured out how to take MC down from 9 hours to 4, and people like me should never go, then that is fine. I understand. However, maybe one day when everyone has thier purple gear some people will not want to go anymore, maybe Ill go, maybe I wont.

I am talking about, we know how to do everything already. There is no discovery. The only thing we need to do learn to do it faster. Sure there are moments where you might say, lets try and do all core-hound packs at the same time. Lets pull 3 firelords at once and kill them.  

Been in the guild for a month and have already seen it happen with the core hound packs.

Tried 4 methods in BWL so far.

so right now I suppose we are at a change rate of 5 changes per one month.

I have to say, the post did come across as "Now that you're good at it, I think I'll grace you with my presence."

I am SURE that's not how you meant it, otherwise FP would probably not be for you, and you've have found a new guild by now.

If you just want to see the bosses, but don't want to take up someone's spot who really enjoys raiding, then my suggestion is to singup for a raid with the note "put me on overflow." That way, you're not taking up someone's spot who really wants to be there, you get the chance to see your end game content once, and that will be that.

In all reality, be prepared on ANY raid to spend 6 full hours there. Can we clear MC faster? Sure. But sometimes, we get stuck on a round of Anchor Man quotes, Lag beats us with a sack of oranges, or all the priests and druids decide to take a communal shower, holding up the raids for 45 minutes and there's not a damn thing anyone can do about it.

Play to have fun.

Raid to have fun.

Don't worry about how long it takes to get places or through an instance.

I do have to say that this post really bothered me too. I hope it was not ment to sound like it did but, yeah. "if you guys are good at it now I want to come in" and the one that sent me over the edge was teh "if i don't get any purples after a few runs, i'll never want to go again"... how many times have we spent hours in MC just to try strats and clear trash to Domo just to get a 10g+ repair bill... no greens/blues/purps... nothing... just to have all of our hard work finally come to frutation and now it's the good old... i want to stand on the backs of gaints to see the top attitude... meh... my 2 cp and no i don't belive in paragraphs...

I am talking about, we know how to do everything already.  There is no discovery.  The only thing we need to do learn to do it faster.   Sure there are moments where you might say, lets try and do all core-hound packs at the same time.  Lets pull 3 firelords at once and kill them.  

But really, how much does that happen?  Where you know how to beat a certain encounter, and rather then take the safe path, you take an more risky path and try and save a few minutes?

Because you don't go then please don't assume how it is. We have been changing our strats to get through them faster. We now do AOE the hounds from the start, we now take on 2 firelords at a time. Each pull I let mobs have more and more health when I pull the next one. Please do not make comment on things that you have not seen for yourself because at times, like this one, you will be wrong.

we get stuck on a round of Anchor Man quotes

hahaha, so true.

If you say you're not doing MC/BWL for loot you're a liar. Even if you're not trying to be a greedy lootwhore, the fact of the matter is that no one can tank Rag in valor, or heal during chromag in devout, or kill vael in shadowcraft, or take down ebonroc in magister's, etc etc... Hence you need the gear to be useful to the guild, and even after your clarification I'm left with the idea that you just want to coast on a quick MC run rather than put in the time and DKP to be useful in guild progression.

I am talking about, we know how to do everything already.  There is no discovery.  The only thing we need to do learn to do it faster.   Sure there are moments where you might say, lets try and do all core-hound packs at the same time.  Lets pull 3 firelords at once and kill them.  

But really, how much does that happen?  Where you know how to beat a certain encounter, and rather then take the safe path, you take an more risky path and try and save a few minutes?

Because you don't go then please don't assume how it is. We have been changing our strats to get through them faster. We now do AOE the hounds from the start, we now take on 2 firelords at a time. Each pull I let mobs have more and more health when I pull the next one. Please do not make comment on things that you have not seen for yourself because at times, like this one, you will be wrong.

Actually if you care to read what I actually wrote, then maybe you would realise I was talking about when I went and not "how it is now"

If you say you're not doing MC/BWL for loot you're a liar.  Even if you're not trying to be a greedy lootwhore, the fact of the matter is that no one can tank Rag in valor, or heal during chromag in devout, or kill vael in shadowcraft, or take down ebonroc in magister's, etc etc...  Hence you need the gear to be useful to the guild, and even after your clarification I'm left with the idea that you just want to coast on a quick MC run rather than put in the time and DKP to be useful in guild progression.

That is your uniformed opinion. Now if I ran MC 30 times you could make a case, but if I run it a few times, or at least till I fight all the bosses a few times, you can make no such statement.

When I ran it with my mage, I was doing it for loot. However that was before how boaring I found it to be. With my pally, if you see me run MC 10 times, then feel free to call my a lair in public. However, until then, you can shut your festering gob.

I am talking about, we know how to do everything already.  There is no discovery.

I am reading your words. This is wrong we still find new ways to do it.

The only thing we need to do learn to do it faster.
But really, how much does that happen?

I already told you 5 times in a month.

Since I have been here.

If you think its unfair that 50 core people figured out how to take MC down from 9 hours to 4, and people like me should never go, then that is fine.

No one said that. What was said was this.

If you are in FP and hiding in the background, while everyone else puts time and effort into making the guild better, people don't think you deserve to be getting loot or taking up a spot from someone who has worked hard who deserves loot just so you can get a look see. If you just want to see stuff I make lots of movies. I will record MC for you and that should solve the problem. You will get to see it all and with good music too. I will even take requests. But if you are going for more of a reason that to get a look see at the end game bosses then you should be willing to put the TIME in and the GOLD in that everyone else is putting in to get MC from a 4 hour instance for 2 bosses to a 4 hour instance for everything but Ragnaros. That is a huge difference and no one said no you can't go but if you jump into MC and get loot and then disappear and when BWL is on farm status I just wouldn't count on being welcomed warmly if your not gonna go for the hard times too.

That is your uniformed opinion.

No that is a fact. One you would know if you did MC 30 times. It is your uniformed knowledge if you think your an exception.

Actually if you care to read what I actually wrote, then maybe you would realise I was talking about when I went and not \"how it is now\"

And I think the biggest thing your missing is the fact that you willingly just decided to skip all the stuff and that is why you do not know "how it is now"