The Function of Forums and Guild Chat

Vanin

I would like to clarify why I believe the forums are the best place for certain types of problems and why the guild chat is better for others.

This are just my ideas so feel free to critique or add your thoughts.

I think the forums are the best place for long term problems or planning. If you want to set up a guild raid on a certain date then you should post that information on the forums. Also, the forums are best for general problems or specific problems regarding the guild format or policy.

The guild chat is for immediate responses to specific matters. If you want to talk to a certain person, guild chat is fine. If you want to set up a random dot event, the guild chat is fine.

The general chat is really just for daily clutter of chatting, if you have some serious point to make it will probably be buried under the daily chat anyhow. If you the forums though, your message has a higher probability of being read and evaluated. Also, it frees up the time for people who log on-line to actually play the game that they logged on to play. I think we should push the forums as our main source of guild interraction that goes outside the boundary of daily events.

• 2 years later...
I think this is the oldest post on the forums.

Yup! Happy Bday Forums! (2days ago!)

That's not entirely true there Stang. If memory serves me correctly the forums are older than the guild itself. I believe they were created the day after the game was released. We've just deleted a lot of the old posts back when we were having bandwidth issues. I know the forums were created in Nov because I payed the first year renewal back in the day ;)

I went looking for the oldest one in the councilor forums. It was titled "Blackmail, Threats, and Ultimatums". LAWL. such turmoil yall had 3 years ago. =)

Edited by Hykos

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]