My screen is getting crazy

Aigle

Hi computer geeks,

when i start my computer my screen flashes constantly for a few minutes and then comes back to normal. It is extremely annoying and I am also under the impression that the flashing duration is increasing with time. After the start up it comes back to normal for the lenght of time I use the computer. If i stop the computer and restart it immediately it won't flash.

Any idea of what would cause that? Help!!!!!!! Plz

Edited by Aigle

lawl, crazy screens r no good!

Questions: What kind of monitor is it? how old? what is your video card? what were the last things you did with your pc before the problem started?

First guess is if it's an old CRT television type of monitor, it may be getting old and have to warm up.

Second guess is your video card fan may be on the way out? vid card is heating up, and the fan is taking a while to speed up or come on causing glitchy video.

Third guess, reinstall/update your video card drivers.

GL

The problem in my opinion is with the screen itself since I have made two tests:

1- Start screen without starting computer still flashes for a few minutes.

2- Start screen connected to my laptop still flashes.

It is a LG Flatron slim i guess I'll get a new one.

One question is it interresting for gaming to have a wide screen or a standard kind of square screen is better?

Also is 21.5 inches sufficient?

Another thought... I have seen video cables going bad cause something similar... Try unplugging and replugging the cable from both the video card and the monitor... (Or you could try it with a different cable if you happen to have one laying around somewhere...)

ok problem solved I have purchased a new computer screen. It is a LG flat screen 23 inches. Prices for those have gone down by a lot. It costed me 239$ for this.

I hope you got the widescreen monitor. I've found that playing on widescreen is just like being able to watch movies on widescreen. MUCH BETTER.

Enjoy your new monitor.

It's a wide screen and it's been installed yesterday. :cool: But for the moment it's like soooooooo big I need to get used to it.

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]