Need Help with mobo

Shean

That mobo supports CrossFire which is ATI/AMD, NVidia uses SLI.

However, since it has 4 PCiX2 slots, I think you can just get 2 SLI cards and use the connector cable for them.

That's pretty much how SLI started back in the day when it was introduced by VooDoo and I am pretty sure that all cards that support SLI still have that ability.

The mobo support just makes it a bit easier by not needing the cable and you can do the config via the mobo instead of the drivers.

I actually have an earlier version of this board, the M3A78 Pro which is also CrossFire and I run NVidia, but I don't do SLI.

Edited by Melok

Would I see a reduction in the FPS that both of those cards would give me when I try to SLI them that way.

I had these 2 in mind when doing the SLI....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814130538

Or would I be even better off with moving to an ATI card, never used an ATI card before though and don't really know anything about them or their reputation.

And thanks Doug for your input man greatly appreciated. S

Edited by Shean

That mobo supports CrossFire which is ATI/AMD, NVidia uses SLI.

However, since it has 4 PCiX2 slots, I think you can just get 2 SLI cards and use the connector cable for them.

That's pretty much how SLI started back in the day when it was introduced by VooDoo and I am pretty sure that all cards that support SLI still have that ability.

The mobo support just makes it a bit easier by not needing the cable and you can do the config via the mobo instead of the drivers.

I actually have an earlier version of this board, the M3A78 Pro which is also CrossFire and I run NVidia, but I don't do SLI.

The old Voodoo SLI isn't the same thing as the new nVidia SLI. Same letters, different acronyms.

Voodoo SLI - Scan-line Interleave

nVidia SLI - Scalable Link Interface

For nVidia's SLI you have to have an "SLI" board just like you have to have a Crossfire board to run Crossfire.

The current GPU leader is ATI. nVidia's Fermi-based gaming cards are supposed to be released sometime this month. As of now I'm looking to upgrade my old nVidia 8800GT to an ATI 5850.

EDIT: And you still need to use the bridge connectors for both Crossfire and SLI when running in their respective motherboards.

Edited by Lyssa

Motherboard

manufacturer product page

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]