Need XP install help

Bangudray

hey guys need some help while installing windows from CD it says it cannot copy certain files and i know i have had this problem before and there is some way to repair the windows from a command or something in the run function if someone can plz help it would be great

check out these tips, i hope it helps!

XP operating system tips

If you are installing windows XP fresh from a CD, I'd check your media to make sure it's ok. If it is ok, it could be bad sectors on your drive, try to boot up into repair mode, get to a command prompt and run the chkdsk /f command. Honestly the install doesn't take long, if it failed to copy files don't try to fix it, start over with a clean install.

Didn't you have this EXACT problem when you were installing from the CD the last time I walked you through this.

Dude seriously?

lawl yes i did ecth but this time different circumstances... in that like 50% of this stuff couldn't be copied? but its a completely new windows xp disk etc. but i was able to get xp open by some miracle but the stuff is all messed up cant open internet because of some ICNF... (something file) in shit so either i got a shitty disk... or a shitty cd drive... most likely shitty cd drive... sooo i got a new one coming in the mail

Edited by Bangudray

or bad ide cable connected to your drive, or a bad port on the mobo, a bad mobo, bad ram.

there are lots of things that can cause file copy errors when installing. bad hard drive, bad ide or sata cable/port.

just have to eliminate things one by one. obviously you don't have the same resources many would have to test stuff. so sure, start with the cd drive, and make sure you delete and re-create the partition during the xp install so it formats NTFS. do a FULL ntfs format, NOT A QUICK format.

.....as I delve into the black empty depths of my own reformat. lol

YARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(i'll b on for teh raid tonight)

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]