Freeware Calendar/reminder app?

Fatherpeteus

Does anyone use a simple calendar/daytimer/reminder notification app that they'd recommend? One of the widgets that's gone missing in Windows 7 is the Windows Calendar, and I find myself needing one now that Lotus Notes won't be porting over to my new PC!

I know, I know, you all use your smartphones :P I'll get one of those soon, but until then I don't want to miss my curling games!

If you're not adverse to the big G, then signing up for a GMail account gives you access to Google Calender. In my opinion, it's pretty damn great, and if you have any other family on it you can overlay each others calendars. (Great for scheduling family events).

I have to 2nd Xio's recommendation. If you don't mind relying on Google, the service is great. It also has an exchange server option, so you can sync calendars with your iPhone/Android/Blackberry(?) online (no need to sync from your computer).

In addition, you can set popup reminders for events that will work with iPhone and Android calendars. Can't confirm Blackberry, but I think that works too.

I'll 3rd the gCalander recommendation. It makes life infinitely easier. At work and want to input my schedule for the next week, go to the computer. log into the website and do it. In the car, just remembered something I have to do on friday, pull our my blackberry and add it.

And they all stay synced across all platforms.... Gotta love it.

Gmail in general is always a good decision. It has potential for becoming your main and ONLY email! I haven't been satisfied with any other email service since I started using it. Have never had any problem with it.

Given the prevalence of GMail users, might it be an idea to open up a group calendar on GCal for FP? Would anyone be interested in this?

Does anyone use a simple calendar/daytimer/reminder notification app that they'd recommend? One of the widgets that's gone missing in Windows 7 is the Windows Calendar, and I find myself needing one now that Lotus Notes won't be porting over to my new PC!

I know, I know, you all use your smartphones :P I'll get one of those soon, but until then I don't want to miss my curling games!

Hey Father. Not sure if you heard but Bell and Telus are now Launching the Iphone. Yay us Anti Rogers users can finally get one :D

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]