So IE 8 sucks

stangmeister

At work we have to use IE, and its not so bad. I dont mind it, its got some perks FireFox doesn't, but at home I use FF.

Anyways, I did an update to IE8 yesterday here at work, and holy god, so ooooo oooOOOO not good.

It has a cool function where you can delete things in your dropdown history, which is nice, but no Favicons, cannot connect to any UK sites at the moment (sucks if you listen to streaming BBC at work). It has some thing where if you highlight text it starts an "accelerator" that really just slows you down.

I downgraded back to IE7, and I never thought Id say this, but I missed you!

Thats my story!

Weird, mine has favorite icons. Accelerators are crap though you can disable that.

Firefox 3.5 is coming out soon!

/agree.

However i gave the accelerators a chance. its a quick link to google search whateve ryou highlight. and some other stuff. not all bad. doesnt slow my pc down at all.

Google Chrome is FAST tho. loads fast browses fast. it's my new fav.

i like the accelerators, you can delete, and add them to suite you. i had one where i could highlight a word and wikipedia it, and i had one where i could highlight something and share it on facebook. IE is kinda slow, but all the IE's are. my IE8 also had a favorites bar like FF does.

i stopped using chrome because of some recent tests i saw on lifehacker it's a real memory hog, like the biggest memory hog of all the browsers. also it works like crap on win7.

I dont think I'd mind as much at home, but these tiny work computers barely handle excel, let alone IE. Minor performance issues are big ones on this trusty PC!

UK sites work fine on my IE8, and Favicons. I do dislike the accelorator thingy though. I still don't like IE overall, but have no choice at work.

Prefer Opera 10 over everything else.

As a programmer, I hate supporting multiple browsers. Iz bad. We can all stop upgrading plzkthx.

As a programmer, I hate supporting multiple browsers. Iz bad. We can all stop upgrading plzkthx.

MAYBE YOU SHOULD UPGRADE YOUR FACE??????????

i love you eric.

Only browser I auto upgrade at the moment is Firefox. I avoid all IE upgrades for as long as I can. Never know where the next process hijack is coming from!

Hey Coeus, what are you programming in?

Only browser I auto upgrade at the moment is Firefox. I avoid all IE upgrades for as long as I can. Never know where the next process hijack is coming from!

Hey Coeus, what are you programming in?

Java!

It sometimes becomes necessary to use Javascript, and it's less-than-fun when there are upgrades.

I love that IE8 reopens all the browser windows I had up after I recover from a crash (for some reason WoW is crashing my PC on exit now, about 50% of the time. : /

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]