Geek Squad Fail

Shadrende

Amusing bit at the end about Oregon Geek Squads getting their F's covered up. Fun and games with statistics!

Oh, and I'm confused about the virus bit. They weren't going to be detecting any viruses with the HDD unplugged, so did they plug it in and then charge $580 for "repairing" it? That's not incompetence, that's fraud... :eek:

Edited by Fatherpeteus

Exactly. Although, I lol'd at "One Geek Squad good + One Geek Squad bad = ALL GEEK SQUAD BAD" intonation of the clip.

Sounds like best buy highers kid who probably only have an A+ cert and no experience.

I was told a story when I was working at a little repair shop, they brought a kid in at one point who had an A+ cert. First computer he started building that day he tried to use hard drive screws on the cdrom.

I hate it how much this industry relies on little pieces of paper that mean absolutely nothing in the real world.

Sounds like best buy highers kid who probably only have an A+ cert and no experience.

I was told a story when I was working at a little repair shop, they brought a kid in at one point who had an A+ cert. First computer he started building that day he tried to use hard drive screws on the cdrom.

I hate it how much this industry relies on little pieces of paper that mean absolutely nothing in the real world.

It's funny because the time certs really help are after you have the experience to apply them with. Starting on my MCSE before I had an IT job was a foot in the door but I really didn't know how any of it was relevant. Now that I've been doing the sys admin gig it's been very helpful go figure ;) But it is dumb how you will find some jobs that require a mile long list of required certs. Nothing beats experience.

A-men Shad, experience will almost always beat any amount of studying you can do; especially in the IT industry.

As for the link, well I had to pass it along to my brother-in-law who works at a Best-Buy in Tigard, OR. Fortunately for him its not the bad one mentioned in the clip, cause he'd have been cannon fodder for months otherwise!

I need to get off my ass and clock out my A+ and Net+, just havne't gotten around to spending the money on them yet =/

Funny thing is there's a guy w/ an A+ that sits behind me, and I can tech rings around him half asleep.

my A+ was my foot in the door, im just now getting deeper into network and network admin stuff.

my A+ was my foot in the door, im just now getting deeper into network and network admin stuff.

Mmmmhmm!

It's weird to look back when you start, and even after a year of being in the field, you're like wtf I knew nothing last year XD

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]