FP HQ Grows up

stangmeister

Yeah, we looked at that one...I didn't like the back yard since I have a kid and a 12 ft trampoline but otherwise it's really nice. That neighborhood is freaking awesome too, really nice swim and tennis with a fitness center. The pink color really isn't that bad either, and directions are easy...just go to the pink house on the corner.

Err, sorry.

What I meant to say was

Jesus F'n Grats. One small step for hq...one giant leap for FP!

Wow congrats guys! o.O I was amazed when I looked at the pictures of your house, along with the price of it! Where I live (northern VA) its normal to still see houses going for $500,000+ still, so to see how much of a bargain you had with that house is really astounding.

That looks like a great house and a perfect place to settle down and live, gl getting everything set up and moved in!

It'll look even better when we get it polished. It has engineered floors, but they're badly done. I want them replaced, and for the lazy installers to go ahead and finish the closets too. That and some fresh paint, and this place will look awesome. Lots of space for our casual get togethers.

Grats guys!

$127k?...I need to move...Here in SF a 2 bedroom 'condo' is still like $700K :shock:

Edited by Feanore

Grats guys!

$127k?...I need to move...Here in SF a 2 bedroom 'condo' is still like $700K :shock:

*waits for Fifi to tie this into how ferals are underpowered*

I couldn't help myself, love ya man xD

And Grats on the house guys!!!

what means engineered floors? like does your floor open up and the blackbird jet comes out?

Edited by Erlin

Engineered

Rather than having one solid piece of hardwood, the engineered hardwood method uses layers of hardwood veneer to create a product that can range in thickness from 3/8" or 8mm up to 9/16" or 14mm thick. The wood veneer can range in thickness depending on the manufacturer, as will the top wearing thickness. In order to create an engineered hardwood, these veneer layers are stacked one on top of the other with the grain of adjacent layers oriented perpendicular to one other. Once the desired thickness is achieved, the boards are then cut into the correct board width. From there, the boards are then manufactured to have a tongue or groove on the edges. The final step is to add stain if necessary, and add a finish. By doing this, the engineered hardwood becomes less susceptible to the effects of moisture and temperature change, because wood expands and contracts in the width of the grain direction. Therefore engineered hardwood is referred to as being dimensionally stable. Solid hardwood does not have dimensional stability because all of the grain runs in the same direction. Because of its dimensional stability, engineered hardwood can be glued directly to concrete above or below grade, as opposed to solid hardwood which cannot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wood_flooring

How board would one have to be to look up wood flooring?

Not that bored really.

Step 1) Google.com

Step 2) Search "engineered wood flooring wikipedia"

Step 3) Profit

Grats guys. Cant wait for the first party, and i already know what you guys are getting as a house warming gift! ^_^

p.s. I hate you. This house is smaller, and it was more, but we needed room for bebenok so we had to buy fast.

<3!!!

That house looks awesome Stang. I do believe that Plumpy is ready for you to have a nice ole' party

WOW!!! congratz youz guyz!!! very awesome. and yeah you guys got a siiiiick deal.

By the looks of it, even with the market, that house near me would easily still be close to 300K.

Congrats again, enjoy!!! It's a lot of work, have fun doing everything!!! =D

This house sold for $208,000 in 2006, was foreclosed on last December, and we just bought it for $127,500.

Its in a really great area, 2,500 square feet, 4 beds 2.5 baths.

o_________o

Holy Sh....

Dammit Stang, That's hella cheap. 127k for a house like that... Like... I just don't believe it.

It's like the same stats as my parents, although your is cheaper by roughly 200k.

what means engineered floors? like does your floor open up and the blackbird jet comes out?

Late but this made me cry laughing.

.... really 127k... my house is like half the size of your house and its 650k.... damn california #&$(@)$* realestate

Edited by Bangudray

How the hell do you afford a 650 k house, Bang? Or are you still living with mom and pop? I can never keep track of how old everyone is these days.

650,000 sounds like a lot, but California real estate is SO ass backwards right now, that I could see it if it was a big ass house. A lot of places here are becoming more expensive, rather then losing value, the people apparently caught on that people are trying to move here now that the market is dropping. I can't see his house being smaller then FPHQ and costing THAT much. But I could see his house being half the size of the new HQ and costing possibly more. Not that much more though, that's crazy talk unless your house comes with 50 naked wimmen waiting to empty to you of your man goods. Or I guess 50...naked....doods? Whatever.

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]