New FFXIII Trailer

stangmeister

i said this before, and i'll say it again.

ZOMFG.

WTB, right NOW!

i WILL buy a PS3 and a new HDTV for this game. I shit you not.

i WILL buy a PS3 and a new HDTV for this game. I shit you not.

that's pretty much what happened this past christmas for me.

2d fo life. on a side note ben sent me this the other week

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/01/14/spiky-ha...acter-revealed/

his afro is a chocobo nest!

Edited by Erlin

that's pretty much what happened this past christmas for me.

his afro is a chocobo nest!

clearly we're going to have to wrestle to see who gets to play first

Did anyone else see influences from FF8 and FF10 all over that? I swear if we have another damn gunblade!

Other then that... I want.... looks awesome, the fight cinematic looked good. This may be the game that gets me to buy a PS3.

Isn't this game gonna come out for PS3 and Xbox 360?

FF13 would of come out earlier if they didn't get persuaded to make it work on xbox. theres a story about it on joystiq.com somewhere.

it was like close to being released then microsoft was like can you make this cross platform and square was like yeaaaaa maaaybeee give us a year.

Edited by Erlin

it was like close to being released then microsoft was like can you make this cross platform and square was like yeaaaaa maaaybeee give us a year.

I think Microsoft said something a little closer to "$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$" and Square was like "O.O... delayed 1 year"

^ What ghost said. It was also the fact that Final Fantasy was hestitant to even put it on the PS3 with the sales as crappy as they were/are. They were buying time, when Microsoft came along they jumped on the bus, and I can't even blame them.

Like I said a million times. It's a nextgen console way ahead of it's time, with no good games fully utilizing the console's power. Or well no real good games in general that aren't cross platform.

I'm pretty sure Sony owns one-third of SquareEnix, so the fact that Microsoft wanted the game has nothing to do with it. It does have everything to do with getting the most share of the market. Especially considering fanboys will irrationally only support one system and hold on to it like it's their lifeboat off titanic.

im far too impatient to listen to this carefully enough to translate the whole thing. the girl at the beginning says

mezameta kara no juusan nichi wa sekai no owari no hajimari datta -- 13 days after (it) woke up, the world's end began (yes sue me, end...began...its weird in japanese too)

anymore than this would require...effort.

Beginning of the end FTW!! @ work and can't watch the video, but I got super addicted to FFX and I hope this is as good and tears blizzard's claws out of me.

I have both 360 and PS3, I love my xbox and yeah im waiting for something great to be released for PS3, other than Blu-Ray discs lol

I had to use the warranty exchange for PS3, they sent me a bestbuy gift card, so i went and bought a new one. IT DOES NOT PLAY PS2 GAMES. I bought this little PS/PS2 memory card reader dongle back in the day to load my saved games onto the PS3, which is now useless, and i had to hook up my first gen gigantic ugly PS2 again :( I'm still taken aback by sony not having this superpowerful console be backwards compatible while the first gen of the console was. WTTTFFFFF. I used to feel loyalty to the PS platform.

worst part is while i play PS2 now i have the corded controllers instead of the awesome bluetooth ps3. which i will say have rumble again which is cool. I'd trade that for PS2 compatability tho.

Beginning of the end FTW!! @ work and can't watch the video, but I got super addicted to FFX and I hope this is as good and tears blizzard's claws out of me.

I have both 360 and PS3, I love my xbox and yeah im waiting for something great to be released for PS3, other than Blu-Ray discs lol

I had to use the warranty exchange for PS3, they sent me a bestbuy gift card, so i went and bought a new one. IT DOES NOT PLAY PS2 GAMES. I bought this little PS/PS2 memory card reader dongle back in the day to load my saved games onto the PS3, which is now useless, and i had to hook up my first gen gigantic ugly PS2 again :( I'm still taken aback by sony not having this superpowerful console be backwards compatible while the first gen of the console was. WTTTFFFFF. I used to feel loyalty to the PS platform.

worst part is while i play PS2 now i have the corded controllers instead of the awesome bluetooth ps3. which i will say have rumble again which is cool. I'd trade that for PS2 compatability tho.

Some of them the PS2 games do seem to work. My roomate has a PS3 and we popped in one of her old PS2 games and it played w/o a hitch. =/

They stopped making PS3's with backwards compatibility in order to cut unit cost down. Only the units made the first year or two have it. If mine ever breaks im going to try to repair it vs getting it replaced XD

you can go on sonys site to check what ps2 games are compatible with whichever ps3 you own but yea the backwards comp. is pretty much gone.

Posted this on the vind forums, for people who don't know.

"Final Fantasy Versus XIII is, according to its developers, a wholly independent story unfolding with different characters and a different visual design. Although it is set within the same Final Fantasy XIII universe, it is unrelated to any other entry within the compilation and is thus neither a sequel nor a prequel to any other entries in Fabula Nova Crystallis: Final Fantasy XIII"

There are 3 games in the Fabula Nova Crystallis series: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3/360), Final Fantasy Agito XIII (PSP) and Final Fantasy Versus XIII (PS3).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabula_Nova_C...al_Fantasy_XIII

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/01/28/final-fa...ailer-released/

here it is with english subtitles.

"the 13 days after we awoke, were the beginning of the end"

according to the subtitles.

I was close! Japanese doesn't make a distinction between singular & plural, as well as verb number like English. They have 1 verb that covers I awoke, you awoke, he/she/it awoke, we awoke, you all awoke, they awoke. :o

i can't read wiki at school cause of the filters, from reading what you posted there will be two ff13 games for ps3? or one is jp only?

2 FF13 games for PS3, Regular FF13 will be fore Xbox360 and PS3 and FF13 Versus will be PS3 only

There will be two for PS3: Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy XIII Versus. Pretty sure both will be english releases, though there's not nearly as much (if scarcely any) information about Versus available right now. The third game, Agito, will be released on PSP. I think originally it was going to be another cell phone game (like Before Crisis was for the FF7AC stuff), but they discontinued the phone version.

Hopefully all 3 will make their way to North America.

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]