Protests- Proposition 8

Skadie

but Pansi, by letting gays and lesbians marry, you're opening the door to pedaphiles, and people who enjoy beastiality. You also open the door to poligamy (sp) and other horrendous things. Canada must be running rampant with people having sex with animals and children. After all, that's what happens when you let two men marry each other. At least that's what the Mormons tell everyone. And I know they would NEVER lie to anyone. NEVER. EVER.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they should remove the word "marriage" from government. If the government was to replace the word 'marriage' with 'civil union' then I think a lot of people's opinions would change. Give all the same tax breaks and property rights to anyone who enters into a civil union, and let the church decide whether or not you are "married".

I'm not gay, so I don't know how you guys feel about the word marriage...but I like the idea of separating the religious terms from the laws.

People here quote the founding fathers a lot, however, they don't talk about the separation of church and state. This presents a problem considering how Marriage is treated in our country regarding civil rights. In my eyes, everyone should get a civil union that is recognized for Federal purposes while a Marriage is something performed by your Religious leaders. This would radically change the status quo on Civil Unions and Marriage as it would transfer the power from the latter onto the former and reinforces the latter to be more religious. It has always bugged me that Marriage, especially these days, has very little to do with religion but rather the consolidation of powers and rights. It's just a major /facepalm moment for me to see the incredibly large amount of non-religious married couples.

Edit: lol@14 members looking at this thread.

Edited by Atrus

I'm going to throw some questions out there that will cause some more discussion.

1. What is marriage?

2. What is love (Don't answer with that baby don't hurt me shit)

Those two questions really make you think about this issue.

Edited by Trenton

I'm going to throw some questions out there that will cause some more discussion.

1. What is marriage?

2. What is love (Don't answer with that baby don't hurt me shit)

Those two questions really make you think about this issue.

marriage is what happens when two people are stupid enough to think that they can be together forever (please excuse my cynicism as an ongoing divorce has soured my views on marriage). LEGALLY i think marriage should be two people willing to join households (powers? omg captain planet) and have rights given to them that have been previously discussed at length

i don't see the point in trying to define marriage only in a religious sense. why do we need a new word for the legal definition? it's the same damn thing, just some people don't want to share with the homos

love is a chemical imbalance. if i said i KNEW what it was, i'd be lying my ass off, as would most of us i imagine

BABY DON'T HURT ME

NO MO

OOOOOO OHH OHHAWAAAAOOOO WAAAAOOOO~

Here is an email exchange I just had with my HR Manager.. We just had our open enrollment.

Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 11:18 AM

To: Michael Rogge

Subject: Benefits question

Does SMS’s insurance cover domestic partners, or just married ones?

Let me know – Thanks!

MATTHEW MONTGOMERY

ACCOUNTING ANALYST, SELECT MEDIA SERVICES, LLC

Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 11:33 AM

To: Dunning, Samantha

Subject: FW: Benefits question

Samantha, see question below from employee, I am pretty sure it is just married but wanted to check with you…thanks.

Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 11:35 AM

Subject: RE: Benefits question

Correct – just legally married…

Not the day to have this chat with them!

marriage is what happens when two people are stupid enough to think that they can be together forever (please excuse my cynicism as an ongoing divorce has soured my views on marriage). LEGALLY i think marriage should be two people willing to join households (powers? omg captain planet) and have rights given to them that have been previously discussed at length

If I find you, I will perma-camp you for that >.>

Baby WILL hurt you

k, My point. With what he said, He did not clarify what sex should be married. Therefor, Does it really matter who should be with who? Like, When I was growing up, I learned that "When two people love eachother"... Wait was that for marriage or sex? o.o

BABY DON'T HURT ME

NO MO

OOOOOO OHH OHHAWAAAAOOOO WAAAAOOOO~

imo marriage is like, a "tangible" way of showing that i love someone enough to give them all of me forever, and love is feeling like a piece of me is missing when he's not here. Like my soul is intertwined with his, and my heart beats faster when i hear his voice. Wow. i have poor grammar. My point of view is one of a girl engaged to a man 600 miles away at the moment.

If I find you, I will perma-camp you for that >.>

Baby WILL hurt you

k, My point. With what he said, He did not clarify what sex should be married. Therefor, Does it really matter who should be with who? Like, When I was growing up, I learned that "When two people love eachother"... Wait was that for marriage or sex? o.o

k two things

you can't find me, i've been banned :P

also, are you calling me a he? heads are fixin to roll

k two things

you can't find me, i've been banned :P

also, are you calling me a he? heads are fixin to roll

Indeed I called you a "he". Got a problem? Wanna fight about it?

Since you got banned, Register a trial account for me then, Let me have some fun

Edited by Trenton

that sucks matt, "legally married" what a bs term.

like david allen grier would say when impersonating rodney king, "can't we all just get along?"

and trenton lay off my woman, or I will camp you =D

Edited by Erlin

Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 11:18 AM

Subject: Benefits question

Does SMS’s insurance cover domestic partners, or just married ones?

Let me know – Thanks!

MATTHEW MONTGOMERY

ACCOUNTING ANALYST, SELECT MEDIA SERVICES, LLC

Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 11:33 AM

To: Dunning, Samantha

Subject: FW: Benefits question

Samantha, see question below from employee, I am pretty sure it is just married but wanted to check with you…thanks.

Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 11:35 AM

Subject: RE: Benefits question

Correct – just legally married…

By "Legally" they mean a Man and Woman. Correct?

So I wake up and the thread has grown! I'm still waiting for the drugs to kick in, but while I'm still lucid I wanted to tell you all how much I love you <3

Indeed I called you a "he". Got a problem? Wanna fight about it?

Since you got banned, Register a trial account for me then, Let me have some fun

i might want to fight about it, i'm in that kind of mood today

getting a trial account would indicate that i ever have a desire to log into this shitbox game again, which isn't the case.

back on track

VIVA LA HOMO

it's LA right, cause y'all are fabulosoa?

but Pansi, by letting gays and lesbians marry, you're opening the door to pedaphiles, and people who enjoy beastiality.

Hell yeah

*high-fives Soma and Hykos*

i know, it kind of died

please don't make me do real actual work today

http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/political-pictures-sign-straight1.jpg

Hell yeah

*high-fives Soma and Hykos*

Wait, which am I, the pedaphile or beastialityphile? Can I be both? I

I want to formally appollogize to anyone I offended with my comments.

That was not my intention.

i think some of the reactions to your statement were a little strong. you were voicing an opinion. you weren't like OMG ALL FAGS DIE IN HELL LOLOLOL which is quite good ^^

but yeah, you're in the minority up in these parts

subjects like these will always invoke strong reactions, especially from those that feel shit on by certain people's opinions

the idea of marrying for love is a relatively new phenomenon [new in the sense of how long such 'civil unions' have been around for]. to me its really more of a financial/property agreement. i have six cows and my father owns forty acres of land, i can do needlepoint and i have child-birthing hips, who wants me!

in any case, my company's insurance offers plans for what it entitled "domestic partners", which did not specify sex. so in terms of insurance, there do seem to be some options here and there.

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]