Nihilum and SK Gaming Merging (Curse)

stangmeister

A release from their website:

http://www.twentyfifthnovember.com/

We are proud to announce the forming of a new force in World of Warcraft. Many of you will remember the guilds Nihilum and SK Gaming(Curse) from the past years, we have now decided to combine our strengths to create the number one team for Wrath of the Lich King and beyond. We have spent a considerable amount of time forging the greatest roster ever assembled in this game and we are now ready to take on anything that is released. To support this roster we have finally found an appropriately motivated team to back us and help us reach our full potential. Together we aim to deliver a much more professional and WoW tailored experience to the community than anything else that has been done in the past.

At this point we are just offering a taste of what's to come. As the name suggests we are going to be doing our full launch on the 25th of November under a new brand but we wanted to let the community know that we are combining our efforts prior to this launch. So what is coming on the 25th? We are going to launch a new portal that's built around the guild with the goal of being one of the best World of Warcraft community sites. So watch this space until the 25th. You will find us leveling up on Magtheridon and striving for world firsts in the new wave of content.

Thomas "Kungen" Bengtsson - Guild Master

Philip "Mek" Curry - Guild Master

Markus "Mackzter" Dahlgren - Guild Master

Mark "Nessaj" Laursen - Community Manager

Now, is it just me or is it a bit over the top for a wow guild to have a "press release"? Anywho, i personally dont really care, but it will be fun to see if egos are greater than 2 of the best wow guilds and it ends up destroying them.

Now, is it just me or is it a bit over the top for a wow guild to have a "press release"? Anywho, i personally dont really care, but it will be fun to see if egos are greater than 2 of the best wow guilds and it ends up destroying them.

It is a "big deal" when two of the most prominent guilds merge together, especially two of which have been exclusive Beta testers for WoW content. When Naxxramas was created, Nihilum tested it before test servers were up. Before Tempest Keep was unlocked, Nihilum cleared the entire instance up til Kael. When the Illidan encounter was in it's first stages, Nihilum themselves tweaked the fight to be what it is today.

So yeah, when two major (sponsored) guilds that have Kalgan's phone number on speed dial merge together you can expect that it will become all that much more important to think about whenever Blizzard releases cutting edge content.

Also, both guilds have more Brutal Gladiators between them than the entire population of Skullcrusher so you can expect a high number of hardcore players to consider picking up an EU client and transferring onto their battlegroup for competition. (AFAIK Awake from SC did)

This is real news for anyone who's world is completely engulfed by "of Warcraft"

Has Nihilum let vaginas into the guild yet?

i bet those guys are sexy irl.

http://images.fragbite.com/img.archives/eswc07_dag2/eswc7%20016.jpg

Kungen (Nihilum GM) on the right.

Edited by Atrus

Its an attempt to re-energize the competitve pve scene... SK gaming pve (i.e. curse) was given the boot. SK and other sponsors and what not are putting their money on the competitve pvp scene. Makes sense... because there're numerous successes such as CS, SC, WCIII, FIFA etc. Oodles and oodles of money involved.

Nihilum tarnished their brand image during SWP resulting in the loss of a major sponsor (mousesports)... and all their attempts to promote the pve scene (live SWP runs etc.) failed with the exception of speed ZA and exhibition arena matches.

Probably a last attempt to see if there is a future for competitve pve or probably even an attempt to milk out as much as they can, while they still can.

Competitive Gaming? Good god people need better things to do with their time. I blame the spectators in this fiasco as well.

It IS the spectators which make "competitive" gaming a "sport" I don't think being good at a video game is a sport. The fact that people are getting paid to play World of Warcraft and the extend of their work is clearing new content is retarded.

Competitive Gaming?

trev, you should spend some time in korea.

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]