Fringe

Shadrende

I still don't know if I like the show or not, and I've watched it every week. I want it to be good, and its trying to be an X-files type show staring the female agent that always has a disgusted look on her face. So anyway, who watches it and what do you think? Gogo!

I've never scene it, but I've heard nothing but good things and that it's a f*%^#ed up show ( in a good way). I definately plan on checking it out at some point. ( Iam looking forward to seeing it.)

Edited due to retardism kicking in.

Edited by dragonlgnd

My g/f really want to get into it. I've seen like two episodes but I'm not sure what to think. I kind of want to like it, but sometimes its just soo bad. I think that it looks cheap or something, I dunno.

I've watched it every week. I didn't have very high expectations for it at first, but I really like it now. Considering it's from JJ Abrams I'm expecting the plot to go somewhere really interesting. I liked the last two episodes a lot and the introduction of the bald headed mystery man.

not as good as heroes, but it's something to fill the tuesday night void

Are you kidding? Heroes hasn't been good since season 1. This season just keeps getting more ridiculous with every episode. They need to kill off half the cast (and this time not bring EVERYONE back to life)

I've watched it every week. I didn't have very high expectations for it at first, but I really like it now. Considering it's from JJ Abrams I'm expecting the plot to go somewhere really interesting. I liked the last two episodes a lot and the introduction of the bald headed mystery man.

Are you kidding? Heroes hasn't been good since season 1. This season just keeps getting more ridiculous with every episode. They need to kill off half the cast (and this time not bring EVERYONE back to life)

shut your whore mouth

this season of heroes has been off the chain

this season of heroes has been off the chain

I'm actually pretty disappointed with this season so far, and I LOVED Heros. It feels less like a drama with good production values and more like a soap opera lately. EVERYONE IS A PATRELLI!! EVERYONE HAS POWERS!! HIRO IS AN INCOMPITENT DICK WHEN HE WAS A LOVEABLE CHARACTER BEFORE!! THE ANTICHRIST IS HERE TO SAVE US!!

And the pacing feels WAY off. Like one of the things I loved about the show before was how slow and deliberate they were getting everything setup. Watching the first episode it felt like the writers over did the material durring the strike and HAD to get it ALL OUT in the open on the first outing. Like instead of striking they were force-fed crack and locked in a closet unable to move.

And Tripplets? freaking serriously?

Makes me sad. =(

As for the OP, I'm on the fence. I wasn't impressed by the first episode of Fringe but I'm not shutting the door yet. Anything that can attract John Noble to a role has my interest.

I will admit I mainly watch Fringe for the crazy dad, for some reason that's enough for me to enjoy it.

Garnok! I'm TOTALLY with you on that one. The crazy mad scientist dad is hilarious!

speaking of x-files (sort of), my dvd's came today. all 9 episodes, 58 dvds of david duchovny goodness. omnomnom

9 seasons? yeah. too bad duchovny wasn't in the last season. lawl

btw, are you watching Californication? Awesome show! I love it. I should make a thread for it too. haha

9 seasons? yeah. too bad duchovny wasn't in the last season. lawl

btw, are you watching Californication? Awesome show! I love it. I should make a thread for it too. haha

i don't have fancy pants cable, doesn't that come on showtime or something?

I tried to get into Fringe, but I think the writing is just way too ....unoriginal. And several things don't make sense. A genius son who can't figure out simple things, a "haha i poop myself!" typecast of an asylum patient, a useless double secret probation agent.

I finally called it quits i think on the fourth or fifth episode, when the pre-intro clip was the really crazy guy ordered a raw roast beef sandwhich with not nine, not ten, but ELEVEN jalepenos on the side and room temperature water. I mean with tastes like that, you know he must be creepy and crawly and evil! /gag

And Tripplets? freaking serriously?

Makes me sad. =(

Hot blonde triplets make you sad??

A chilling cloud just passed before the sun, or something... :pirate:

Edited by Fatherpeteus

i don't have fancy pants cable, doesn't that come on showtime or something?

Showtime. I don't have the channel, but I know how to download :-)

I'll hook you up with Season 1. You'll love it. I promise.

I will admit I mainly watch Fringe for the crazy dad, for some reason that's enough for me to enjoy it.

^^This! I watched the pilot, turned to my buddy and said, "This guy (crazy dad)... will be the reason to watch the show!"

BW, I thought the same thing as far as JJ Abrams' attachment. But in retrospect, all we can really expect is that it will be different, and slightly weird - likely incorporating lots 'n lots of the metaphysical, and right on the "fringe" of what's believable, and what requires that belief to be suspended, scientifically. I'm a few episodes behind, but they'll get watched tonight!

So far, it's different enough from the 234985749 crime dramas on network TV to keep my interest. Good stuff; I hope it continues.

i like fringe it's not bad the crazy dad is awesome.

fringe and heroes are kind of intervening into the same plot, except fringe does it x-files style with a new person every episode.

people were experimented on and now have powers but in heroes some peoples powers are given at birth.

and on the de-railing topic, i love this season of heroes but i just hope they wrap up all these loose ends they are creating, i need to know all the answers to the crazy s@#t they are revealing.

Edited by Erlin

Hot blonde triplets make you sad??

A chilling cloud just passed before the sun, or something... :pirate:

Hot blonde tripplets do me just fine, but it's a little deus ex machina for my taste. We killed your character! but she's got identical sisters so you can keep working!! YEY!!

/puke

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]