Multithreaded WoW

tscolin

The latest patch of World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade shows a benefit on today's popular multicore processors like the Intel® Core2 Duo processor family. The enhanced patch has demonstrated higher frame rates by spreading the work across both processor cores."

Yep, if you have a intel Core2duo, or an AthlonX2, then you WIN FREE FPS'es! Grats!

I was actually excited to see that today, since I hadn't seen it in any of the patch notes previously. My desktop is a Core 2 Duo and my laptop is a Centrino Core 2 Duo. I am quite interested to see how much of an upgrade it really is. :)

Edited by Trigori

as am i. Does anybody know if there is a FPS cap in the game? i never seem to pull more than 60-61 no matter what.

cap is 60, rounder.

I installed Vista during my break, and since I've come back my FPS has been shit. I've noticed WoW eating up huge amounts of processor usage. Hopefully this will help a lot.

Cap is only 60 if you have enabled the wow video option to sync with your monitor's refresh rate. Thanks Hin for helping me figure that one out many months ago.

fewf so it's not my gfx card sucking.... scared me

Edit: i was running vista 64 bit a while back and with wow open i was using almost 2gb of memory with slightly lower frame rates. I run two screens and did like how i could alt tab and my programs wouldn't go choppy in vista. Just for that reason i am thinking about going back to vista when i my ram finally gets here.

Edited by rounder

Enabling v-sync syncs your FPS with your monitor's refresh rate which is typically 60Mhz.

It will be interesting to see how much of a performance boost I get with my 2nd core doing some work now. It's pretty lame that it took Blizzard 3 years to implement multi-threading but they didn't even bother to support new quad cores.

Edited by Lyssa

cap is 60, rounder.

I installed Vista during my break, and since I've come back my FPS has been shit. I've noticed WoW eating up huge amounts of processor usage. Hopefully this will help a lot.

Told ya so?

I noticed a difference when entering areas like Shat/IF or any area with a lot of stuff that needs to be rendered. It no longer dips down to 10 FPS for a minute. My average FPS hasn't changed though. le sigh

I noticed a difference when entering areas like Shat/IF or any area with a lot of stuff that needs to be rendered. It no longer dips down to 10 FPS for a minute. My average FPS hasn't changed though. le sigh

I saw no increase in max fps, but yeah, Shat/IF did feel smoother, more consistent, less stuttering.

Wow, my framerate was absolute garbage in ZA last night... I even had to jackdown all my settings and it still ran like crap during the fights. Grr...

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]