Site Performance Issues

Gynis

This is from the powers that be:

This Friday, October 19th, 2007 at 10:00PM Pacific time we will be performing emergency maintenance on our core routers. We are going to be upgrading the operating system on one of our core routers in our main facility, and one primary distribution router at our LAX facility. The total downtime shouldn’t be much longer than it takes these to reboot into the newer operating system, and reestablish the links to the outside world. The maintenance window is two hours, though we hope everything from a network standpoint will be completed in 30 minutes.

These upgrades will address many of the issues we have been having over the past months. Cisco has recommended this version of IOS to potentially solve a network flooding issue we have seen intermittently, and if it does not, will allow us to escalate the case even further. The upgrade will also give us support for new hardware we have purchased for the routers themselves, increased diagnostic gathering capability, and bring online our redundant supervisor line card.

We apologize for the short notice and overall inconvenience of this upgrade, however this will hopefully fix various outstanding bugs that crop up during the day. We are attempting to do as much as possible with this reboot to minimize further downtime.

All systems will be affected by this upgrade.

convert to phpBB!

lawl at freeware.

We used phpBB Plus for the first couple years til we wisened up and bought IPB. I

lawl at freeware.

We used phpBB Plus for the first couple years til we wisened up and bought IPB. I <3 it way more than phpBB.

phpBB is maturing very well, it also has SO many modules and styles to chose from!

Uhm. This has nothing to do with our message board. It has everything to do with our host.

I can convert to phpBB2 (I won't, but I COULD) and we would still experience downtime this evening.

I prefer powerboard. There is much greater support, it's more secure, and there's less punky kids who send me suggestions on "improvements" I could make if only.....

Comparing message board software is for nerds.

Linux geek that I am, I still gotta go w/ Gryph on this one...

Uhm. This has nothing to do with our message board. It has everything to do with our host.

I can convert to phpBB2 (I won't, but I COULD) and we would still experience downtime this evening.

I prefer powerboard. There is much greater support, it's more secure, and there's less punky kids who send me suggestions on "improvements" I could make if only.....

Oh i understand that IPB isn't the cause of the slowness, i just like and am experienced w/ phpBB, so i recommended it :D

Edited by Bishop

phpBB is maturing very well, it also has SO many modules and styles to chose from!

True Dat.

Sounds like they're running an out of date IOS with spanning tree incorrectly configured.

And they aren't even running redundant supervisor cards?!

You should find a new host.

Sounds like they're running an out of date IOS with spanning tree incorrectly configured.

And they aren't even running redundant supervisor cards?!

You should find a new host.

/points @ Gryph

he recommended them

Actually, I don't mind them so much. They are doing things a bit wonky, but from the sounds of it, they're upgrading. What's most important is that anytime I've had an issue, the response time is spectacular. Their assistance has always been spot on, but most importantly, I get this on the cheap.

We moved hosts some time ago to these guys, and I'm glad we made the switch. Other hosting companies are usually quick to cite "user error" or "there's a problem with your code" before even reading the subject of the email. These guys don't assume that you're the moron (or if they do, they pretend like you might not be.)

This entire thread made my head hurt. But then again if I click the button thingie on my computer and it doesn't turn on I'm pretty much effed.

Anyone wanna go to a club where people wee on each other?

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l188/AngelBaby99XXX/OLDGREGG.jpg

Their customer service is so great because they don't spend money on the proper hardware!

I'm just poking fun :)

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]