To all Canadians:

Krotas

I'm just curious, is your Thanksgiving the same kind of deal as for the US?

Ours is all about being thankful for what we have, and based on a tradition started by pilgrims in the harsh first few years of colonization.

Same deal?

I'm just curious, is your Thanksgiving the same kind of deal as for the US?

Ours is all about being thankful for what we have, and based on a tradition started by pilgrims in the harsh first few years of colonization.

Same deal?

I thought our Thanksgiving was about watching John Madden give out 8 legged Turkeys and Turduckens?

If I remember right, the canadian thanksgiving is along the same lines as ours in a sense but it has nothing to do with pilgrims and what not. It is actually a celebration of the bounty that the harvest brings in (which is half of what we celebrate). Which also explains why it is earlier than ours because the harvest seasons are different.

Then again I'm american and may be totally off...

If I remember right, the canadian thanksgiving is along the same lines as ours in a sense but it has nothing to do with pilgrims and what not. It is actually a celebration of the bounty that the harvest brings in (which is half of what we celebrate). Which also explains why it is earlier than ours because the harvest seasons are different.

Then again I'm american and may be totally off...

you're right : )

Edited by Krotas

Who cares.... they are Canucks.

Only Thanksgiving that counts happens in America.

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]