Team Fortress 2: 10Oct07. Suck it Duke Nukem.

Joesf

I read that if you pre-purchase the Orange Box, you get to start playing the TF2 beta next week.

Something to think about if you are going to buy it anyway : 3

Yea...if you pre-order you get the demo. I remember when demos were free. :roll:

And what happened with TF2 and Portals being included with Episode 2? If you don't pre-order (and get the HL2 and Ep1 that you already own) you have to buy them separately for like $50+. Give me a break. Sorry, but portals is NOT worth $20...the shit was a tech demo that they made into a "game".

I think the Orange Box package deal is always going to be around. The pre-order special is $5 off, plus you get in on the TF2 Beta.

45 bucks isn't bad. If you've already bought HF and Episode 1 then sure, the box is a bit uneccesary. But still, considering what most games cost these days 45 bucks for Ep 2 and TF2 is not a bad deal at all. Portal and the old stuff are just extras.

Maybe they can send me another physical copy of HL2 so I can wipe my ass with it.

All I want is TF2 and Portals...

Maybe they can send me another physical copy of HL2 so I can wipe my ass with it.

All I want is TF2 and Portals...

plus Episode 1 and 2...single player was amazing and i have yet to play Episode 1. Pretty good deal imo

Edited by Beornwarrior

I think you can give any existing products you already have when you buy The Orange Box to a friend to wipe their ass with. :)

I think I'm going to get the orange box, seeing as how I played Halflife2 on shiki's account, and i'm using ben's account for my CS:S addiction. x_x

I think I'm going to get the orange box, seeing as how I played Halflife2 on shiki's account, and i'm using ben's account for my CS:S addiction. x_x

Your derelict friends got my Steam account banned so once the orange box comes out I'll be able to play online again. btw where's my 1000g?

Did anyone get the Beta? I neglected to preorder so I didn't. :-(

Some reviews and first impressions have been coming out this week on just about every gaming blog. All signs point to kick ass fun. Here's a couple lengthy class reviews from rockpapershotgun.com

The Heavy

"I’m not going to be the Medic. I’m not going to be the Scout. I’m going to be Heavy Weapons Guy. I don’t have time to stop and help other people, because I’m in something of a hurry. A hurry to kill."

Medic

"[...]someone will be attracted to the clinically-dry persona of the Teutonic Medic, half-way between a Nazi Evil ( not mad) Scientist and the voice in a GPS guidance system. You may even just pick it by accident. But not me. Here’s why I play the medic more than anything else…

1) I don’t need to shoot straight.

2) I like to win."

DemoMan

"Neat calculated trajectories aside, I suppose playing the Demoman largely what we’d call ’spamming’. As soon as I started pumping out the Demoman’s grenades I was flashing back to Quake III team deathmatch – sticking grenades all over the place, just to keep the enemy team at arm’s length."

Edited by Hykos

Ok I've never played any of these games, but I'm looking for a good FPS. Do you need all that stuff just to play TF2? Would it be worth it to buy any of the three packs to have some good first person shooter games? I know Unreal 2k7 is coming out soon. What are your guy's take on it?

What's the sniping like? That was by far my favorite thing to do in the original.

Crackheaded class. Hiding your big red dot and snapping to faces first makes you a winner. xD

I always rocked a medic, any word on concussion nade jumping.? ^^

Vanin and I lock down bases as snipers. Good thing this isnt the next Tribes! haha

I want hallucinogens grenades like original Quake TF.

Vanin and I lock down bases as snipers. Good thing this isnt the next Tribes! haha

I used to love doing that! :biggrin:

I want hallucinogens grenades like original Quake TF.

More importantly, will medics have virus packs again? My friend used to camp enemy respawns just infecting everyone that walked out...They always ended up spreading it to a few more peeps and b4 you know it all you heard was the grunting of infected enemies throughout their base lol.

LMAO - I wanna steal that pics. Replace Heavy with a Warrior and the Medic with a Priest and post it in the PvP forums.

Good stuff

I cant wait to play when i get home, hopefully its done downloading by than. Engineer was one of my fav classes, dropping a turret around blind corner and than jumping out w/ a shotgun is just satisfying.

I broke down and preordered it myself, much like the Wii and Xbox post do we have one where we have everyone's steam ID so we could all pwn up some 2fort

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]