I am scared of the Homo's

stangmeister

I guess 'love thy neighbor as thyself' doesn't apply to these people >.> Y'all already know I consider myself a conservative, but I go ROUNDS with others about gay marriage and homosexuality in general, as do many of my more conservative friends. I've said it before, but I'll say it again.. the God I believe in doesn't make mistakes. All men are created equal.. life, liberty, pursuit of happiness and all that jazz in the founding documents.. They weren't just talking about people with blonde hair and blue eyes there.. or people 5' 2" and above. I'm still confused by one thing in that add (and pretty sad about the rest of it) and that is.. what does being a Dr with religious beliefs have to do with gay marriage? If it were an abortion issue it would make sense.. but in this case it makes absolutely zero.

I just keep praying that someday these people wake up and realize the harm they're causing to the entire gay community.. for the love of Christ, it's one human being wanting to spend the rest of their life with another human being. Treating people this way DOES make people feel like they're 'second class' or less than human.. pardon my language, but that shit just ain't cool.

....................................... wow. just wow. that's absolutely all i have to say.

except for...

ZEE STORM EES COMEENG

The storm is coming...

And is FABULOUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

You're scared of grammar.

law that's the first thing I thought.

This is crazy but totally crazy. If gays want to marry, live together, WHO CARES. We cannot deny the fact that homosexuality exists. It has always been like that since the beginning of time and it will not change.

I really don't understand why people care so much, It does't make sense.

My uncle is gay but the thing is... Do I care? no... Because he's cool as shit.

The thing right now is that people are scared of change and always will be scared.

Like, What kills me is who seriously cares about 2 people of the same sex getting married?

Love is love, That's all.

Lol post moved to a more appropriate thread...

Give me admin back! ghetto moving posts is LAME!

Edited by Ravenheart

im upset that i didnt get to choose the gay marriage class in high school. but apparently kids in school now have that option

If you actually read their website its all kinds of amusing. Their main point is they don't want people to redefine marriage. Except they don't actually give any evidence as to how that would negatively impact the world. They try but it makeths no sense. I like this part:

“How can Adam and Steve hurt your marriage?”

A: “Who gets harmed? The people of this state who lose our right to define marriage as the union of husband and wife, that’s who. That is just not right.”

A: “If courts rule that same-sex marriage is a civil right, then, people like you and me who believe children need moms and dads will be treated like bigots and racists.”

Racism? WAT?

They also say that if gay marriage is allowed the Salvation Army won't be allowed to use parks anymore, young children will be taught about man on man action, and even if they are old and don't want children, they are "apples and oranges" [?].

If religious people are so offended by same sex marriages then just give two men getting married a different name legally. Then they can whine and complain all they like but we haven't actually intruded upon their traditions and rituals, we've made a new ritual that is almost the exact same in every way shape and form... but it's not a marriage.

If religious people are so offended by same sex marriages then just give two men getting married a different name legally. Then they can whine and complain all they like but we haven't actually intruded upon their traditions and rituals, we've made a new ritual that is almost the exact same in every way shape and form... but it's not a marriage.

"Civil union". But depending on the jurdisdiction, it may not have all of the financial/asset perks, in some cases including dependant insurance coverage and (big one) the ability to automatically inherit property upon death, such as the home the couple may have been living in for years (if the deceased was the sole owner.)

Personally, I'm in favor of doing away with "marriage" altogether. Nobody takes their vows seriously anyway. Raise kids communally! The level of childcare provided by parental units today is at an all-time low, so we wouldn't be losing much (except those of us who happen to be divorce attorneys.) :-/

Found this floating around on some website. Remember not to kill the messenger tho... >.<

1) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.

2) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

3) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

4) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

5) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Brittany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

6) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.

7) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

8) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.

9) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans

Credit for this goes to Matt Boyd

Trenton, that list is hilarious.

As far as the issue at hand is concerned, I honestly don't think "gay marriage" is a concept that will ever exist. As long as the Bible continues to be interpreted as it is now (marriage must be between a man and a woman, and furthermore, that homosexuality at all is wrong) the religious institutions that honor and sanctify the idea of "marriage" will not allow it. Certain governments have tried to compensate with the creation of civil unions instead, but as others have pointed out these are still fraught with issues and don't carry the same meaning for some gay couples that marriage would.

In a country where church and state are supposed to be separate, I feel like the last twenty years have seen them in each others' company much more often than I am comfortable with.

[[Template core/front/_liskoduje/liskodujeJS is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]